Author Topic: ZYKLON...Disintegrated!  (Read 2033 times)

Offline BlackDeath

• SUPREME LEGION Operative
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • SUPREME LEGION FaceBook Page
ZYKLON...Disintegrated!
« on: January 08, 2010, 09:15:50 AM »
After taking an offical break over two years ago, it has now become reality that Norwegian extreme metal act ZYKLON is no longer a functional band, and thus the decision was made to formaly split up the group instead of just letting it decend into nothingness.

As a final release from the band, Candlelight Records will later this year put out a ZYKLON box set, entitled "The Storm Manifesto", featuring all three of the group's full-length albums plus bonus material.

ZYKLON played its final show in Tokyo, Japan on September 28, 2007.

All members of ZYKLON are still active on various fronts. Guitarist Samoth is currently in the studio working on the debut album for his new project, THE WRETCHED END. Fellow axeman Destructhor is still touring with MORBID ANGEL, and is still planning to complete a new MYRKSKOG album with bassist/vocalist Secthdamon. Drummer Trym is mainly working in his tattoo shop, but is scheduled to appear in a new music project soon.

ZYKLON's third album, "Disintegrate", was released in 2006 via Candlelight Records. The CD was recorded at Akkerhaugen Lydstudio in Norway and was mixed at Studio Fredman in Gothenburg, Sweden.

ZYKLON's DVD, titled "Storm Detonation Live", came out in March 2006 via Candlelight. Recorded at Germany's 2004 Party.San Open Air festival, the DVD contained the band's live show plus exclusive on-the-road/backstage footage, an exclusive look into reheasals for "Disintegrate" and both the "Psyklon Aeon" and "Core Solution" videos.

* Thieved from Blabbermouth.net

Spewing...bring on the new Myrkskog album though, The Wretched End should be worth checking out too.
SUPREME LEGION: From haunting melodies to obscure brutality, we hail the hard & heavy!

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
Re: ZYKLON...Disintegrated!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 10:04:09 AM »
I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not. I found most of Zyklon a little boring to listen to, though I did like a couple songs of Aeon. Myrkskog isn't too bad though.

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 05:38:28 PM »
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline faeces

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 05:47:55 PM »
good band - shame :(
I'd kill you, but that might get blood on my shirt.

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 07:14:29 PM »
Bummer.. :(

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 01:04:01 AM »
Ahh well, at least we've got new stuff on the way from the various ex-members :)
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning: