Author Topic: NILE with guests Hate Eternal tonight - VENUE CHANGE TO AMPLIFIER. All tix valid  (Read 13738 times)

Offline Zarrix

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Last.FM Profile
He looks almost exactly like Devy now.

My thoughts exactly :D

But overall, a great night.  First time I have seen Nile live, impressive. Hate Eternal had a couple of solid tunes, definitely enough basis to check out the rest of their discography.

Annoyed I missed Gallows for Grace though. I agree, these early support starting times are ridiculous. Why would they schedule an act to start before the gate opening time outlined on the ticket? Silly  :err:

Offline PremierMaelstrom

• WF Colonel
  • PROGRESS
    • View Profile
    • NeXuS - just fucking metal
was anyone else freaked out by a bald Dallas??   :o

It all catches up on you when you slow down ...

Offline N.O.X

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
^

Haha, yeah I thought maybe that was the look he was going for!

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
Rocked up a little late myself, missed all but 2 Hate Eternal songs, but it didn't bother me that much because I was there for NILE and they did not disappoint :drool:

Hands-down the best performance I've seen from then and I don't doubt that it was at least partially due to the venue change to Amplifer. Having two incredible guitarists, a fantastic bassist and unquestionably one of metals finest drummers BLASTING RIGHT IN YOUR FACE at eye level just felt so right, as opposed as having them perched on the higher Capitol stage.

I had a wicked-good spot to watch Karl and Dallas play the whole set and was thoroughly entertained :headbang: Was thrilled to hear Papyrus Containing the Spell to Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks from He Who Is in the Water and Ithyphallic, half because I wanted him to say two song titles that are frankly ridiclious and two because they're FUCKN' SICK SONGS :headbang:

Thanks again to Soundworks for bringing this excellent band back to Australia. May they continue to return in the future :clap:

Also, I just read that Papyrus Containing... is based on several stories from H.P Lovecraft's ficitional Necronomicon. FUCKING AWESOME!!!

And Ithyphallic means to have an erect penis. Well, can't be all that surprised with that "phallic" suffix in there :err:
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline METAL_STEVE

• WF Colonel
  • Over worked and under fucked
    • View Profile
That's the most educating post I've ever read on WF

Offline Solitis

• WF Corporal
  • Lying forgotten in the desert
    • View Profile
Actually most of the Cthulhu mythos songs on Ithyphallic are based on Donald Tyson's Necronomicon, a sort of spinoff work. It's an ... interesting read ... I wouldn't recommend it unless you were a hardcore Lovecraft fan though.

Offline Merlok

• WF Colonel
  • Keep the metal faith alive!! - Chuck Schuldiner
    • View Profile

essential salts is based on the lovecraft story called "the case of charles dexter  ward"

freakin good read that story  :headbang: