Author Topic: Textures part ways with Vocalist...  (Read 1555 times)

Offline -=[Cataclysm]=-

• WF Colonel
  • ...welcome to the torture chamber...
    • View Profile
    • chaos divine website
Textures part ways with Vocalist...
« on: January 22, 2010, 02:36:31 AM »
from Metalstorm:

Vocalist Eric Kalsbeek has left Textures to focus on his job and his family. Due to Eric leaving Textures the release date for the follow up of Silhouettes has been pushed back to the beginning of 2011. The following statement was issued:

"I decided to quit Textures. My life changed, priorities shifted. I can't cope with the heavy touring and the time investment anymore. I need to focus on my job and family. I need to take a few steps back. I've had six beautiful years with the band, did loads of amazing shows, made tons of new friends and created some mind-blowing music. I'm going to miss the guys, and of course you, the fans. I know Textures will continue to conquer the world and give you all great, heavy and awesome music. I wish my successor all the best. I will keep on making music, but something totally different, much more low-profile. Maybe we will meet again. Eric out."

The band is currently auditioning a possible replacement singer and hope to announce him in the coming months. The band states: "We will miss Eric a lot.. We had the greatest times together and these will live on in eternity.. Eric, you rock!"

Offline Stormrider

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • \m/ \m/
    • View Profile
    • Riot Squad
Re: Textures part ways with Vocalist...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 06:18:09 AM »
Dammit loved his vox... alot more than the 1st guy they had.

Hope they can find someone who can match or better what Eric has done

RIOT SQUAD - The New Force in THRASH
https://www.facebook.com/Riot.Squad.aus

Offline DreadLine

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • www.ozfishforsale.com.au
Re: Textures part ways with Vocalist...
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 06:04:07 PM »
Totally! One of the sickest vocal ranges in metal! Hope the band can find a suitable re-placement.