Author Topic: The Ascent LP Launch 26th Feb  (Read 2842 times)

Offline Myron

• WF Private
    • View Profile
The Ascent LP Launch 26th Feb
« on: January 29, 2010, 09:10:03 AM »

Should be a great night, hope to see you all there! :headbang:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:37:58 AM by Myron »

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ascent LP Launch 26th Feb
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 06:49:10 AM »
The rumour mill has it that you boys have been asking a few bands to play this show and then cancelling them.   If there is any truth to this, you guys are playing a foolish game.  The bands you book and then cancel won't be leaping to support you in the future, now will they?

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 07:01:44 AM »
The rumour mill has it that you boys have been asking a few bands to play this show and then cancelling them. 

It does happen, often unintentionally. Out of every 20 bands I ask to play a gig, usually only 4 are able to play. It makes sense to ask more bands than you need, instead of asking one by one. It's time consuming to wait for everyone's reply before asking the next band, and very rarely do all the bands say yes. From all my shows I've only had to 'cancel' one band due to this.

However, if it was just a "We've changed our mind" sort of thing, that could easily come back and bite you.

Eitherway, I'm looking forward to hearing The Ascent's new album.

Offline travisfpm

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 06:00:47 PM »
The rumour mill has it that you boys have been asking a few bands to play this show and then cancelling them.   If there is any truth to this, you guys are playing a foolish game.  The bands you book and then cancel won't be leaping to support you in the future, now will they?

This is an interesting rumour, so much so that i felt the need to sign up just to explain the events so it doesn't turn into 'The Ascent Vs The World'

First things first, there is some truth to this comment. There was one band, who through our fault, got confirmed to be playing, then cancelled around 24 hours after. This band are friends of ours and we have apologised for this, and hope we can make it up to them.

For this show we initially started asking bands one-by-one around novemeber/december i believe. This was tedious, as we weren't getting much interest and were wasting time in the process (as stated in the previous post, we could have used the heads up :laugh: ). We did however get some interest for 3 out of the 4 spots, so we told these bands that we would contact them closer to the show to confirm. In early January we began checking in with the previously confirmed bands. This was more time consuming than we anticipated due to many people taking a break over the christmas/new year period. We set an internal deadline for confirmations, as one band had not replied and the show was getting closer.

This is where we screwed up. We asked our friends if they could play (assuming we weren't getting a confirmation), then on the same day received the final correspondence we had been waiting for, thus having to cancel on our friends.

After this, to fill the final spot, we asked 3 or 4 bands at the same time (as stated as the best most efficient way from our friend at iron guardian), advising them that we know its a bit of a short notice but we need a conformation as soon as possible. From this, i am 99.9999% sure we only received one response and this was within a day or two to confirm.

The End.

From the quoted comment above, we assumed that there was a difference between asking and booking. We asked probably asked around 12 bands if they were interested, and for a brief 24 hour period booked 5.

If anyone has any queries or problems with us they can contact me or the band and we can discuss it further.

Onto the actual music, this should be a killer show and im spending plenty of time practicing to be able to play this stuff live.

and only $10, cheap as chips  ;D

Offline HARD

• WF Colonel
  • 2nd RedD album KINGDOMS out August 2011
    • View Profile
    • Red Descending Home Page
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 08:43:31 PM »
glad we sorted that out eh WFers?  ;)

two weeks away now, should be a killer night! ..R.D. will be playing 80% new material  :)

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 06:09:45 AM »
Sounds like a fair explanation.  And looky, your topic just shot right to the top of the page.   :)

Offline Myron

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 10:04:55 PM »
Thanks Travis for clearing that up. I only read this this morning and I have to apologise as it was my fault things happened the way they did. To the bands that we asked but couldn't get to play, I will personally buy you all a pint! :headbang:

Offline Myron

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 07:50:19 PM »
This week!!!

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 08:13:12 PM »
It's a rare treat to see an issue actually get resolved on WF :laugh:

I can't see the poster, so could you tell me who're supporting you guys please?
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline travisfpm

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 10:36:34 PM »

sure thing, from first band to last,

surrender
ill vision
red descending
pyromesh
the ascent

should be great as from what i can see there is no other metal show on that night......so get on down to the rosemount to get your groove on.

we also have the cd's already and they look pretty whiz bang pop if you ask me  8)

and i believe we are heading in for the anger management show tonight so anyone who is interested tune in!

Offline HARD

• WF Colonel
  • 2nd RedD album KINGDOMS out August 2011
    • View Profile
    • Red Descending Home Page
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 07:43:39 PM »
TOMORROW NIGHT!!!   :headbang:

Offline Myron

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 09:38:07 PM »
Tonight!!!!!!  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Offline Myron

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 07:52:18 PM »
Just want to say a big thankyou to all that came out last night and helped us launch the Cd, you are all fucking awesome.

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
  • Pissing through the Ring of Fire \m/
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 08:49:43 PM »
New ill vision sounded fucking awesome, vomited so much this morning
...and on the other a soldier with a bullet wound in his lower belly and his sphincter shot away so that his faeces are leaking out. The smell of excrement mingles with that of the scorching flesh of the corpses being burned in the distance.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 09:00:04 PM »
It's a rare treat to see an issue actually get resolved on WF :laugh:

especially within half a page!!
Mongeese like results