Author Topic: Burn The Mass - RTR Critical Mass Fundraiser w\ Suffer, Eleventh @ Civic March 6  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Be Aggressive

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
RTRFM?s metal masters Critical Mass and punk and hardcore ruffians Burn the Airwaves present?
Burn The Mass

Saturday March 6 from 7pm at The Civic Hotel, Beaufort St, Inglewood.

Expect a night of sounds on the heavy, fast, slow, deep and dark side from some of Perth?s best metal, hardcore and punk acts.

On the bill is:
Suffer
Eleventh he Reaches London
Grim Fandango
ZX Specky
Pale as Ashes
Only Hope

You can buy your tickets right here. It?s $10 for RTRFM Subscribers and $15 for general admission.

Gold Subscribers will get free entry on the door on the night.
Tangled Thoughts of Leaving: http://www.myspace.com/ttol

Eleventh He Reaches London: http://www.myspace.com/eleventhhereacheslondon

Offline Khariot_G

• WF Colonel
  • Six-Stringer, Doom Bringer
    • View Profile
    • Khariot
regardless of my tuning into critical mass, i thought people wouldve been quite active in the "decline" thread and read the bit about double or fucking triple booking gigs.

thanks heaps guys, now its another triple booked weekend on March 6th, not including ACDC.

Offline venismecha

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • myspace
I dunno; this gig isn't exactly a tribute to "brutal metal" or "true metal' or whatever you wanna call it, so surely it's reaching out to a different audience.
I'd expect this to pull a much mpre punk crowd, so your metal gigs are pretty safe :P

p.s. Brenton, I'm in!
fight like a girl club

Offline Khariot_G

• WF Colonel
  • Six-Stringer, Doom Bringer
    • View Profile
    • Khariot
^ its not about that...
i definitely dont give a crap about "brutal" or "true" metal...
and i wouldve attended this gig.

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline venismecha

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • myspace
^ its not about that...
i definitely dont give a crap about "brutal" or "true" metal...
and i wouldve attended this gig.

All I'm saying is fair enough to expect people not to double/triple/quadruple-book metal gigs, but I wouldn't call this strictly a metal gig, in that I can see it drawing a very different crowd to the other stuff that's on that night
fight like a girl club

Offline schist

• Oinahman
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Umm I think his point is that, had it not been that he was playing another gig that night, he would've attended this gig ...

Offline venismecha

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • myspace
I still don't think this now constitutes a "triple booking" of metal gigs this weekend, as suggested by his original post
fight like a girl club

Offline schist

• Oinahman
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Meh, not my problem

Offline ecentrix

• WF Major
  • Drummer
    • View Profile
ffs triple book..
What we do in our lives echoes in eternity

Offline venismecha

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • myspace
this gig is much more skewed toward the punk side!

THIS IS NOT A TRIPLE BOOK
fight like a girl club

Offline Muscles

• WF Colonel
  • Time To Act!
    • View Profile
When RTR asked what bands should be playing I suggested 3.

2 of the bands were unable to play and when I looked at what else was happening that evening I realised it'd be better to choose 2 bands that don't quite fall into the metal genre. Besides I had no control over the date of this gig, It was either this week or clashing with Extortion next week.

Offline DevolvedEmperor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
There isn't one metal band on this bill...so what is the problem?

Offline The_Peeper

• WF Colonel
  • Peace and fucking... Believe!
    • View Profile
^ Exactly!

If people still feel threatened by this gig I think we need to make a rule that if there any gigs on with bands that use distortion pedals on their guitars that conflict with ANY METAL GIGS.... we need to crush them with a MIGHTY IRON FIST! Raaaagh!!   :P

So, who else is coming to the RTR fund raiser, then?  :D
Fraternally bound to haunt swollen distended bodies
Their chemical reactions clash amidst rank autopsies...
NH2(CH2)4NH2...Putrescine!
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!

Offline ecentrix

• WF Major
  • Drummer
    • View Profile
srsly, why even argue.

People will come to the show regardless, and its not even a metal lineup.

so qq at triple booking bs.
What we do in our lives echoes in eternity

Offline ded

• WF Colonel
  • Flopsy The Cunt Faced Boy
    • View Profile
Well you've just screwed yourself over more than anything.

Isn't Critical Mass a show on a local station that plays predominantly metal?

Putting on a fundraiser that most people would support, with no metal bands, on a night that other metal bands are playing elsewhere, with only 2 bands?

I'm not having a go, good onya and stuff, but whaaaa?
You know one thing I'll never understand about you.  No matter how many times I kick you in the teeth, smack you with the manhole cover, throw hot water in your face, pour molten glass in your rectum.....you'll always come back for more.

Offline The_Peeper

• WF Colonel
  • Peace and fucking... Believe!
    • View Profile
Putting on a fundraiser that most people would support, with no metal bands, on a night that other metal bands are playing elsewhere, with only 2 bands?
Not really... it's a trick you see, because SUFFER are better than ANY of the metal bands that are playing at the moment....
See... Clever!  ;)
Fraternally bound to haunt swollen distended bodies
Their chemical reactions clash amidst rank autopsies...
NH2(CH2)4NH2...Putrescine!
C5H14N2...Cadaverine!

Offline TomC

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Not really... it's a trick you see, because SUFFER are better than ANY of the metal bands that are playing at the moment....
See... Clever!  ;)

quote for fucking truth. finally someone with sexcellent taste.

Offline Muscles

• WF Colonel
  • Time To Act!
    • View Profile
Pale as Ashes = Nu-Metal

Suffer = Heavy as ballz

... Meh I'm happy with it ...

Plus it is also fundraising for Burn the Airwaves..

Offline ded

• WF Colonel
  • Flopsy The Cunt Faced Boy
    • View Profile
See... Clever!  ;)

haha, granted!  I guess if it pulls more than the 30 Castle heads, it'd be a success.  :P

Call me crazy, but I was thinking more along the lines of taking the opportunity to raise as much money as possible, thus supporting local radio, local metal/punk radio and local metal/punk bands, making it something huge. 

It'll pull numbers no doubt, Civic will rock for gig like this, it'd just be cooler if more metal was on the bill, it being for Critical Mass aswell.  Plus punk/metal gigs are mint!

The date thing is irrelevent, coz sheeeet boy every Saturday there's a metal gig on at the Castle aye!
You know one thing I'll never understand about you.  No matter how many times I kick you in the teeth, smack you with the manhole cover, throw hot water in your face, pour molten glass in your rectum.....you'll always come back for more.

Offline Muscles

• WF Colonel
  • Time To Act!
    • View Profile
See... Clever!  ;)

haha, granted!  I guess if it pulls more than the 30 Castle heads, it'd be a success.  :P

Call me crazy, but I was thinking more along the lines of taking the opportunity to raise as much money as possible, thus supporting local radio, local metal/punk radio and local metal/punk bands, making it something huge. 

It'll pull numbers no doubt, Civic will rock for gig like this, it'd just be cooler if more metal was on the bill, it being for Critical Mass aswell.  Plus punk/metal gigs are mint!

The date thing is irrelevent, coz sheeeet boy every Saturday there's a metal gig on at the Castle aye!

I get what you are saying.. To clarify I did ask a few metal bands but the ones I asked couldnt do it & then I saw the clash and asked a few different bands. I am thinking later in the year planning one of these myself. I had very little to do with this event.