Author Topic: Merch companies.  (Read 3155 times)

Offline Sins Of The Father

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Merch companies.
« on: April 20, 2010, 06:16:18 AM »
Hey guys,

Could anyone list down merch companies they have delt with in the past.
Pro's/Con's etc etc

Getting Sins merch ready  8)

cheers  :headbang:

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF Colonel
  • Ormsby Guitars and Repairs
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
Re: Merch companies.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:18:06 AM »
Apparel Direct is the only company you should consider. Brad's (Soundworks) wife runs it, so you know it's supporting people in the local scene, and they love metal.

Ive used a couple different companies, but none were as fast. The print quality is much better and Ive yet to have a single shirt start losing the print or colour, unlike some other places I used.

http://www.appareldirect.com.au/

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 08:03:27 AM »
We've generally used Mammoth and they seem to do a really good job. Decent quality shirts, good print, decent price etc etc.

Offline EvilElvis

• WF Colonel
  • 1000% Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
    • Psychonaut
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 04:48:15 PM »
Apparel Direct is the only company you should consider. Brad's (Soundworks) wife runs it, so you know it's supporting people in the local scene, and they love metal.

Ive used a couple different companies, but none were as fast. The print quality is much better and Ive yet to have a single shirt start losing the print or colour, unlike some other places I used.

http://www.appareldirect.com.au/

Agreed!

"I heartily endorse this event or product!"

*see also A&D Printing in Melb.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:00:36 PM by EvilElvis »

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 10:49:21 PM »
Brad's (Soundworks) wife runs it

So talk to dysie then?

Cheers guys.

Offline old gregg

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 01:37:25 PM »
bahahaah!

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Original Sin Photography
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 04:37:31 PM »
Brad's (Soundworks) wife runs it

So talk to dysie then?

Cheers guys.

Don't think Dysie has anything to do with Apparel Direct, thats Brad's deal as far as I'm aware....

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 04:42:34 PM »
You didn't really miss the joke did you?
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 03:31:57 AM »
 :wall:
We've generally used Mammoth and they seem to do a really good job. Decent quality shirts, good print, decent price etc etc.

Link? I cant seem to find anything on the net :(

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 06:31:30 AM »

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 06:42:27 AM »
Yerp! That's the one.

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 06:44:54 AM »
Sweet,
Just getting a few quotes and see what works best for us.

Thanks dudes  :headbang:

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 07:37:14 AM »
Wouldnt it be more beneficial, to support a family business that has the potential to book you for international touring support slots through their other company, rather than post on a forum that you are possibly using their opposition?

Personally, even if it costs a couple bucks a shirt more (it wasn't, they were cheaper) I'd still rather see my money go to someone in the local scene.

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 07:46:12 AM »
Hey everyone has the right to shop around. Gotta look out for numero uno.

Offline schist

• Oinahman
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 07:54:50 AM »
o hai der i know of this company called 'atrocity productions', might wanna try them ??  :hmm:

Offline Muscles

• WF Colonel
  • Time To Act!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 08:35:53 AM »
ha!

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 04:22:50 PM »
Wouldnt it be more beneficial, to support a family business that has the potential to book you for international touring support slots through their other company, rather than post on a forum that you are possibly using their opposition?

Personally, even if it costs a couple bucks a shirt more (it wasn't, they were cheaper) I'd still rather see my money go to someone in the local scene.

We will be speaking with them but it doesn't hurt to get other quotes - seems like bad business to just blindly throw your money at the first person that comes along.

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 05:40:31 PM »

We will be speaking with them but it doesn't hurt to get other quotes - seems like bad business to just blindly throw your money at the first person that comes along.

Would have thought after all these years, Brad (and Dyson) have well and truely proven to have the local metal scene's best interest at heart. But, do what you gotta do.

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 06:08:56 PM »

Would have thought after all these years, Brad (and Dyson) have well and truely proven to have the local metal scene's best interest at heart. But, do what you gotta do.

No-one said otherwise, I have the utmost respect for Brad and Dyson for the way they have built the scene and the way they conduct themselves.

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 08:16:39 PM »
I do my best to buy locally & most of the time I do. However I ALWAYS shop around. I ALWAYS let the stores know that I am shopping around & also inform them of the international price difference. There are stores that I prefer to buy from & they are aware of that. They know however that my support is not blind & that they have earnt it.
The other stores are aware that they are not my first call so they seem to work that bit harder to bring me across. It all comes down to being transparant without being rude.

Here is an example of a price difference I saw recently. I was looking @ the new Line 6 DIGITAL guitar wireless sytems. Locally the g30 sells for around $750. Brand new from the states you can get em for $300 + $30 shipping. I informed the stores locally but the margin on the item just doesn't allow them to knock em down much. Which is a shame.
It only gets worse for me as I need 3 of these units. So the difference is $2250 locally vs $990 from the U.S. They run off a 9v dc power supply. Seeing as I have a power brick to run all my pedals etc I won't even need to buy new power supplies for em.
Even if locally they could do em for $500 a piece WHICH THEY CAN'T it will still be $500 more. To add insult to injury, the U.S company can make the shipping cheaper if you order all 3 @ the same time.

Here is where I can justify this in my own mind. i am a muso that wants/needs certain pieces of gear & the list is long, I need to chose my battles carefully. I end up taking $ from one local business to feed another local business.
The money I save buying some of my gear internationally ends up being spent locally ie on a new guitar built by Ormsby.

It is shit I know, I would love to but EVERYTHING locally, however the list & the budget just don't add up. If I HAD to buy it all locally then there would be items that I would just have to live without, so the local shops would still be out of pocket either way.

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 08:21:49 PM »
In contrast there is a online electronics shop that I use that seems to have gotten it right. They have 1 set price on their items. It is in U.S dollars & that price includes the shipping. It is the same set price for EVERYONE WORLDWIDE.
They make more in some countries & less in others. However the site is so popular that they have trouble keeping everything in stock.
More manufacturers need to take this approach if they want their importers & dealers to survive worldwide.

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 08:47:09 PM »
Shirts dude, they're buying shirts.

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 10:54:55 PM »
bahahaha. I get the gist sime. Thanks for the defence tho  ;D

Sins are getting 3 designs done and each have a different amount of colours.
Each company will be different so well most likely end up using a combination of companies, depending on quality, turn around, price etc etc

So far weve gotten quotes from mammoth, apparel direct and A & D printing. At the end of the day i think it gives you a bigger picture if you see whats out there. Even if i know what im gonna get and for how much i still like to do a comparison and get an idea on how each places varies and for what reasons.

Il leave it at that and again thank everyone for the info.

Oh also, Orms i understand what your saying by supporting locals and being tied in with people who could offer great oportunties but IMO theres a bit more politics involved with supports. We do like to try and support local businesses tho so fear not master luthier as we  do want to keep that point in mind.

Swoit mate.  ciao
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 02:56:41 AM by Sins Of The Father »