Author Topic: Jez's Manifesto  (Read 12225 times)

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
Re: Jez's Manifesto
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 06:13:56 AM »
There are a number of factors contributing to some of the stuff that has been said. I have a tendency to be very anti-censorship, so I only get rid of stuff if it is really abusive, over the top, spamming or plain ridiculous. My way of thinking is that the mature, well grounded people can easily ignore the odd nitwit.

Having said that, there has been the odd thing slip through in recent times as I have had a bunch more on my plate, but as soon as I do see it or when those helpful people let me know then I'm on top of it. Even still, the stupid posts and idiot users that occasionally pop up are still way in the minority - there is ALOT of useful information and discussion, and way more good, regular users (even if some of them prefer to just read and not say anything themselves).
It is just an unfortunate part of life that the odd negative things tend to stick in people's minds more than the other things.

The other thing is that forums and social networking sites have changed alot in recent times. Facebook is the flavour of the month, and there are a number of people I've noticed that don't post on here as much these days but they use that. It's a shame because, yeah, I know it can be somewhat addictive but I think that is garbage compared to a dedicated metal resource. It's a pity people are drawn to wasting so much of their time letting others know what mundane task they are currently doing, and all the other things that go along with that.

Anyway, I hear what people are saying and I am bringing on board some more moderators - thank you to those people that contacted me privately offering to help out. Funnily enough I had actually asked someone a few weeks ago if they were interested in coming on board as a moderator but I hadn't put it in place yet.
Hopefully that will help fill in the gaps of the times I can't get to the forum straight away.

Thanks for the input.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 06:26:36 AM »
Fine in practice, but in all honesty you're a bit shit at it these days.

See, you're pretty much part of the furniture around here and nobody really notices you.

Pull out the stops, man, before you fade into obscurity.

+1 - I remember the days when you used to get me all riled up, now I just think "oh that nihilist, he so CRAZEH"

My first mistake was introducing myself to you, making you realise I'm not actually a complete dickhead, just a bit of a dickhead.

Inge: I'll start working on some new material. I just don't have the same time on my hands that I used to. My posts might be one liners but they take a good 30 minutes each to come up with. It takes a toll.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline ded

• WF Colonel
  • Flopsy The Cunt Faced Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 06:30:07 AM »
Way to let them get to you Jez! 

The thing with this forum is, too many of you spent way too much fucking time here.
You know one thing I'll never understand about you.  No matter how many times I kick you in the teeth, smack you with the manhole cover, throw hot water in your face, pour molten glass in your rectum.....you'll always come back for more.

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Original Sin Photography
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 07:01:21 AM »
Fine in practice, but in all honesty you're a bit shit at it these days.

See, you're pretty much part of the furniture around here and nobody really notices you.

Pull out the stops, man, before you fade into obscurity.

+1 - I remember the days when you used to get me all riled up, now I just think "oh that nihilist, he so CRAZEH"

My first mistake was introducing myself to you, making you realise I'm not actually a complete dickhead, just a bit of a dickhead.

Hahaha gold!

Offline littlewing

• WF Major
  • Trease, have a cone and shut the fuck up
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 07:10:50 AM »
Agreed Jez!!!!!
Let me tell you one thing though, after doing what I wanted out of perth for eighteen months, I've come back with a whole lot more enthusiasm and respect for what we have here in Perth. No other city I've been to in Europe has what we have. London for example: everyone goes to shows, but no one really gets to know each other, unlike the metal 'community' we have here. Of course London is a massive city so maybe that is the reason, but I noticed this in almost every metal show/bar/club I went to around Europe, even in the smaller cities.
I'm working on doing something to help!  :D
Quick! Make a sound like a dying giraffe!

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 07:47:36 AM »
Inge: I'll start working on some new material. I just don't have the same time on my hands that I used to. My posts might be one liners but they take a good 30 minutes each to come up with. It takes a toll.

I look forward to it with bated breath, you foul tempered LARK, you.

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 07:57:21 AM »
Why not just make the Review section a read only. The idea is so people can READ the reviews not comment on them. So lock it down so only Jez can add reviews to it.
I enjoy the reviews & it would be a shame to see them stop.  ;)

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
  • Pissing through the Ring of Fire \m/
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 11:20:26 AM »
You refused to give in to the terrorists Jez, dont give in to the douches.
...and on the other a soldier with a bullet wound in his lower belly and his sphincter shot away so that his faeces are leaking out. The smell of excrement mingles with that of the scorching flesh of the corpses being burned in the distance.

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 04:07:01 PM »
ffs - close the posts, ignore and move on...

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2010, 04:14:47 PM »
Damo, it's not so easy when a thread of potential quality is continuously interrupted and derailed; you can't close individual posts or block individual users.

It's kind of like trying to have an in depth debate with someone with a pack of special needs kids playing trumpet two feet away from your ear... Everyone just gives up on the discussion while the horns keep on blowing.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:18:11 PM by Ingasm »

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2010, 04:38:20 PM »
After the last few weeks, i think people might just start getting back to decent conversation.

I would like to apologise for my involvement in it all.

I will be good now. ::)

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 05:01:36 PM »
Damo, it's not so easy when a thread of potential quality is continuously interrupted and derailed; you can't close individual posts or block individual users.

It's kind of like trying to have an in depth debate with someone with a pack of special needs kids playing trumpet two feet away from your ear... Everyone just gives up on the discussion while the horns keep on blowing.

Fortunately it IS that easy. Just post around it like it never happened.

I understand peoples frustration, and Ive been on this forum longer than most - but starting a thread about troll activity and writing a short story about how its getting to everyone is just as damaging to the board as the trolls themselves - and it gives trolls the publicity they cant live without, seemingly on and offline.

Sure, an extra mod or two would help Daz, but the only thing thats changed is the scene isnt as close-knit as it used to be, allowing people to post anonymously without us really knowing who some of them are. If this means more people are aware of the wf site, this is a good thing - But you have to be prepared to take some of the bad with it.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2010, 05:06:22 PM »

I understand peoples frustration, and Ive been on this forum longer than most - but starting a thread about troll activity and writing a short story about how its getting to everyone is just as damaging to the board as the trolls themselves - and it gives trolls the publicity they cant live without, seemingly on and offline.

Sure, an extra mod or two would help Daz, but the only thing thats changed is the scene isnt as close-knit as it used to be, allowing people to post anonymously without us really knowing who some of them are. If this means more people are aware of the wf site, this is a good thing - But you have to be prepared to take some of the bad with it.

I'd rather not have to sift through the plethora of morons to find what I want. It's a fucking pain in the arse.

Plus all this pointless shit is using up bandwidth.

Ban them all.

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 06:47:13 PM »

I'd rather not have to sift through the plethora of morons to find what I want. It's a fucking pain in the arse.

Plus all this pointless shit is using up bandwidth.

Thats why some have chosen to leave.
I agree with you on the banning, but even IP bans are relatively easy to get around these days if the offenders have basic pc skills.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2010, 07:40:50 PM »
They'll run out of proxies (or patience!) eventually. Finding a new working proxy to tunnel through and having to continuously set up a new account after each ban is a lot less fun than provoking responses from hot heads on an internet forum, I'm sure you'll agree... And really, the odds are stacked against them. It takes about a minute to ban someone, and much longer to circumvent the ban.

Anybody remember when WF trolls were primarily right wing neo fascist nazi sympathisers? Good times were had by all punching holes in their ideologies and attitudes. You can't have any fun with this new crop, they exist solely to waste time.

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 08:27:36 PM »
Quite a long time ago, someone who isn't me used to frequent a board known colloquially as the "Rogue Science" forum. I have never seen a forum better moderated than that place... there was practically zero off-topic or redundant posts (and the moderators were spelling/grammar Nazis too), making the forum a resource worth something. Of course, they had one sub-forum for venting humour and banter, but otherwise, it was purely professional. Almost utopia!

Whoa whoa whoa ... so if the same rules were to be applied here, does that mean we have to kick Whammy out?  :'(

...no, I guess I would just be put in the day-care class...a big one at that
"Log off. That cookie shit makes me nervous!"

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2010, 08:50:31 PM »

Anybody remember when WF trolls were primarily right wing neo fascist nazi sympathisers? Good times were had by all punching holes in their ideologies and attitudes. You can't have any fun with this new crop, they exist solely to waste time.

man, those were the days! Trolls used to be fun. now they just suck cock.
Mongeese like results

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2010, 09:51:59 PM »

That hasn't stopped the World Cup.

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2010, 10:06:48 PM »
How about, with the nod of approval from Daz, we all work on nominating/voting in some mods? I can already foresee the trolls fucking around with that too, but I'm sure we can look past it temporarily. I mean, I don't know if they are up to the task, but people like Rowland and Damo seem like they would make good moderators.
I must slumber, per se.

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Original Sin Photography
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2010, 10:11:33 PM »
Daz has already asked a couple of people apparently, they should be getting their superpowers soon...

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2010, 10:18:12 PM »

man, those were the days! Trolls used to be fun. now they just suck cock.

sure do...a dark part of the past...what triggers it, no idea, some vague longing for recognition or something and manifest in such a offending manner...but you come around eventually and try grow up. Laziness is largely to blame for a lot of the bullshit I seem to be typing...
"Log off. That cookie shit makes me nervous!"

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2010, 10:22:28 PM »
I remember back in the day when WF users were proud of the nonsense and thread derailing that went on around here. I remember almost every thread outside of the gig guide went ridiculously off topic and when OP complained the general consensus was 'LOL this is WF what were you expecting?' Now you are all just old and think you're above it. Don't have time for wf nonsense when you're busy changing your colostomy bags. Get over yourselves.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:25:45 PM by chantian_deanie »

Offline Stormrider

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • \m/ \m/
    • View Profile
    • Riot Squad
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2010, 10:48:59 PM »
I remember back in the day when WF users were proud of the nonsense and thread derailing that went on around here. I remember almost every thread outside of the gig guide went ridiculously off topic and when OP complained the general consensus was 'LOL this is WF what were you expecting?' Now you are all just old and think you're above it. Don't have time for wf nonsense when you're busy changing your colostomy bags. Get over yourselves.

there's off topic , there's troll'n & then there's complete forum bombardment.

You want totally anarchy... fuck off back to 4chan /b  :eyebrows:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:51:26 PM by Stormrider »

RIOT SQUAD - The New Force in THRASH
https://www.facebook.com/Riot.Squad.aus

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2010, 11:15:40 PM »

thread derailment is one thing.... but being a total cockhead is another. Man, these cunts make you look good, Deanie. No easy feat  ;D
Mongeese like results

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2010, 01:19:28 AM »
Haha yeah, I gotta admit they are throwing my game off but all the crying is making me lol.