Author Topic: Jez's Manifesto  (Read 12216 times)

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Jez's Manifesto
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2010, 01:39:18 AM »
lol
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2010, 02:19:01 AM »
The trouble with banning IP addresses is that hardly any broadband users would have static IPs, so next time they reconnect to the net chances are they'll be allocated a different one. This is why I am reluctant to use IP address bans, because then an unsuspecting victim comes along days, weeks, months later and are told they can't view WF because of what some other dickhead did.

There are a number of other banning techniques though, which I have put in place and with the new moderators on board stopping a flood of crap in between when I get to check in, any attempts by nitwits will be fruitless.

Offline Metallifux

• WF Colonel
  • Cursh your enemies, see them driven before you
    • View Profile
    • chaos divine
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2010, 02:53:15 AM »
Agreed Jez!!!!!
Let me tell you one thing though, after doing what I wanted out of perth for eighteen months, I've come back with a whole lot more enthusiasm and respect for what we have here in Perth. No other city I've been to in Europe has what we have. London for example: everyone goes to shows, but no one really gets to know each other, unlike the metal 'community' we have here. Of course London is a massive city so maybe that is the reason, but I noticed this in almost every metal show/bar/club I went to around Europe, even in the smaller cities.
I'm working on doing something to help!  :D

Belgium has an amazing scene !