Author Topic: Nergal gets off!  (Read 14587 times)

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Nergal gets off!
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2010, 09:37:14 PM »
I'm curious as to where everyone gained their negative perspective religion. Just seems like a cool thing to be anti religious. Holy Rollers to cool for the trend though.

Whether you believe it or not, I drew my own conclusions in regards to religion (and they aren't remotely influenced by the whole "being metal" charade, I've essentially held the same views for longer than I've been an active listener of music), and I probably had a bit of a head-start in the sense that my family didn't influence me religiously in any way. The earliest event I can recall that turned me off religion happened in year 5... I don't entirely remember what the class was masqueraded as, but basically it was a Christian "education" class, championed by the school chaplain, that took advantage of us kids' natural interest in Christmas/Easter/etc, to cram religious propaganda in to our minds. I found it extremely boring, confusing, and irrelevant to whatever I gave a crap about at that time, so I told my mother about this class, and she was outraged about the class, and had me withdrawn from it (this was at a public school, mind you).

Scripture they called it. You basically wrote that paragraph for me, so thanks for saving me time. Exact same story as me... only I was grade 4 and my parents wrote a letter so I didnt have to attend scripture because I found it so insanely boring and didnt believe a word of it. Then I got the option to go and play games on this crappy old Amstrad computer, go to the library or play basketball. Of course, given the choices I had, many kids followed suit and by the end of the year I had a whole posse shooting hoops.

Haha... yeah, I was given the option to use the school computers instead too. Hello, Wolfenstein 3D. I don't remember at the time why this information didn't leak and break the entire class to pieces, but the only students exempt from the class were myself, and a girl from one of the higher grades. Perhaps they were silencing us, because we discovered something better than religion, and they didn't want to lose their herd... kinda parallels to the 'ol suppression of science, back in the days. Or perhaps they were appeasing to the kids' senses by giving them free Easter eggs at each class. :P

But yeah, it is/was fucking rude to just put all the kids in that class, without alerting/asking parents first... whether they don't want their kids taught religion, or they want them taught a different one... the only people who should be making decisions for kids (until they can do so on their own), is their fucking parents.
I must slumber, per se.

Offline DRONED

• WF Corporal
  • drone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2010, 10:41:28 PM »
i had scripture classes from years 1 to 4 and i know thats where my unpleasant relationship with christianity started. the class did however only ever make me question it and i always walked away with more questions and the nuns who ran it never had the whole answer. (go figure) Being so young when i was in the classes it didnt and never has felt right.

Same here, dirty fucking c's.
How the fuck dare they? without consulting anyones families. Did they need to go to such lengths? Or did they just assume everyone wants to be a christian?

i'd say so.
30bpm...

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2010, 05:04:58 AM »
i had scripture classes from years 1 to 4 and i know thats where my unpleasant relationship with christianity started. the class did however only ever make me question it and i always walked away with more questions and the nuns who ran it never had the whole answer. (go figure) Being so young when i was in the classes it didnt and never has felt right.

Same here, dirty fucking c's.
How the fuck dare they? without consulting anyones families. Did they need to go to such lengths? Or did they just assume everyone wants to be a christian?

i'd say so.

Same here, i think i made up my mind that it was a load of shit within the first class of year 1.
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline Boeijen

• WF Colonel
  • It's all great!
    • View Profile
    • Mark Boeijen profile
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2010, 02:17:11 AM »
Wow. Since when did we use anti-realism philosophy to defeat science for argument's sake?

You may as well be telling me the sky is red because I can't prove it's not.

And Graham, gravity is a concequence of mass. Gravity exists once there is mass no the other way around. but unfortunately for science, the gravity argument is a terrible one since it's not really a law but a theory.
Musician

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2010, 07:44:39 AM »
Wow. Since when did we use anti-realism philosophy to defeat science for argument's sake?

You may as well be telling me the sky is red because I can't prove it's not.

And Graham, gravity is a concequence of mass. Gravity exists once there is mass no the other way around. but unfortunately for science, the gravity argument is a terrible one since it's not really a law but a theory.

Tell that to the poor little cunts in Looney Tunes that get pasted by grand pianos, anvils, and safes.

They'll tell you its as proof as youre gonna get. :P

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »

Haha. I think you misunderstand. I'm hardly concerned though. All is an illusion.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2010, 03:17:35 AM »

Haha. I think you misunderstand. I'm hardly concerned though. All is an illusion.

oh, everything is here alright, we just dont see it all. Kinda like not bieng able to use all available strands of your DNA.

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2010, 04:19:21 AM »
Sorry, now I misunderstand you  :-[

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2010, 04:42:20 AM »
we see things in the only way we can with the abilties we are given.
being able access more of our brain etc etc could really change the way we see things and even what we can see around us.

Its like putting Windows only software into a Mac, all the info is there no doubt, just the Mac doesnt see things in that code or whatever the fuck it sees things in.

The abililty for the Mac to read it though is there, it just needs the appropriate thingamajigs in the right whatsimadoosa's.

As for the DNA thing, there's plenty around online about it. There's all kinda sub levels to be accessed that we dont use, unactivated.
Depends what you believe in really.

http://www.dnaperfection.com/

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2010, 01:32:16 PM »
I can understand the first part of what you wrote. I believe our senses are filters to reality. Our sense lie to us. They give us an incorrect or false impression of our nature and we call this reality

There is an underlying form which we can cannot perceive.

I'll definately check out the DNA link you put up.

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2010, 04:01:40 PM »
$800 for a 'remote' Karmic Cleansing? Instantly cures Cancer?

So I need to pay this guy to activate my DNA so I can live beyond 2012? Haha... I don't think so.  I read the whole page and it does raise some interesting points but it sounds like a scam to me.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2010, 04:25:12 PM »
You guys gotta lay off the gear.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2010, 05:30:25 PM »
You guys gotta lay off the gear.

or smoke more.
Mongeese like results

Offline Necron

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Mhorgl
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2010, 08:11:09 PM »
So back on topic, sort of :

BEHEMOTH Frontman Rushed To Hospital; All Previously Announced Shows Cancelled - Aug. 8, 2010

According to reports in the Polish media, guitarist/vocalist Adam "Nergal" Darski of the country's greatest extreme metal export, BEHEMOTH, was rushed to the Gdansk Medical University Hospital to receive treatment for an undisclosed illness. Jaroslaw Burdek, manager of Darski's girlfriend, 26-year-old Polish pop singer Doda (real name: Dorota Rabczewska), reportedly said that Nergal had been ill for several days.

It was reported by Se.pl that Darski was taken to the hematology division of the Gdansk Medical University Hospital, although this has not yet been officially confirmed.

Hematology, also spelled haematology, is the branch of internal medicine, physiology, pathology, clinical laboratory work, and pediatrics that is concerned with the study of blood, the blood-forming organs, and blood diseases.

As a result of Nergal's illness, all of the band's previously announced shows ? including those in Russia and the Baltic states in September/October and the U.S. tour with WATAIN in November ? have been cancelled.

Nergal has posted a Polish-language message on BEHEMOTH's official web site in which he revealed that the "multi-stage treatment" for his condition can take up to "several months" to complete.

An official statement regarding Darski's illness is expected to be issued tomorrow (Monday, August 9).

Polish media reports regarding Nergal's hospitalization:

* Se.pl
* Fakt.pl
* Plotek.pl

:/

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2010, 04:13:05 AM »
$800 for a 'remote' Karmic Cleansing? Instantly cures Cancer?

So I need to pay this guy to activate my DNA so I can live beyond 2012? Haha... I don't think so.  I read the whole page and it does raise some interesting points but it sounds like a scam to me.

not the best page to give you, sounds dodgey as hahaha, the interesting points tho are what i was getting at.
as for the cancer thing, i dont think modern medicine will be the first to crack it.

Grim if yer looking to read someting on this thats realy cool man, Google "MMS". Its used to purify dirty water but has been studied and was found to cure malaria almost overnight at first, then the more they tested it the more they discovered. will let you be the judge. I know someone that killed a skin cancer with it. True.