Author Topic: DARKEST HOUR (& CARNIFEX) - Aust Tour 2011 [9th Jan @ Amps]  (Read 980 times)

Offline BlackDeath

• SUPREME LEGION Operative
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • SUPREME LEGION FaceBook Page
DARKEST HOUR (& CARNIFEX) - Aust Tour 2011 [9th Jan @ Amps]
« on: October 27, 2010, 11:45:39 PM »
Washington, D.C. metallers DARKEST HOUR will embark on a five-date Australian tour in January with support from CARNIFEX. Tickets go on sale November 12 at 9 a.m.

The dates are as follows:

Jan. 04 - The Hi-Fi - Brisbane, Australia
Jan. 05 - The Factory Theatre - Sydney, Australia
Jan. 06 ? Wagga:Open:Air ? Music Bowl, Wagga Wagga, Australia
Jan. 07 - The Hi-Fi - Melbourne, Australia
Jan. 08 - Fowlers Live - Adelaide, Australia
Jan. 09 - Amplifier Bar - Perth, Australia

DARKEST HOUR recently entered a North Carolina studio with producer (and SOILWORK guitarist) Peter Wichers to begin recording its new album for an early 2011 release via eOne Music.

This time around, the DARKEST HOUR songs were composed a bit differently than was the case in the past. Schleibaum explains, "We have been working on these tunes ever since we left the studio last April.

"'The Eternal Return' was written during a very dark, bleak time for the band and I think that record matches that in both tone and character. Our vision was for it to be an in-your-face, no-frills aggressive assault. The new material shares in that aggression and pushes DARKEST HOUR beyond the unknown."

Wichers, who has previously helmed such acclaimed albums as ALL THAT REMAINS' "The Fall of Ideals" and SOILWORK's latest effort, "The Panic Broadcast", states, "I am very exited to work alongside the DARKEST HOURS guys, and I know from hearing some of their new material that it will be a killer [record]."
[/size]

* Thieved from Blabbermouth.net
SUPREME LEGION: From haunting melodies to obscure brutality, we hail the hard & heavy!