Author Topic: Camera's eveywhere.  (Read 16411 times)

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Camera's eveywhere.
« on: July 11, 2010, 05:09:08 PM »
Are people here aware of the speed cameras at traffic lights now?
at designated intersections along Canning Hwy and who the fuck know's where else?

These cameras are always on, all the time.

what the ferk? This place really gets under my skin at times.

So if you dont know now you do.
If its old news then i might crawl back under my rock and cower.

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Camera's eveywhere.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 05:25:54 PM »
They have had these over east for years, and not just at traffic lights but along the street as well. But it turns out that NSW are only just getting normal speed cameras like ours.

Here is a list of the red light speed camera locations around Perth.

CANNING HWY/RISELEY STREET APPLECROSS
STIRLING HWY/ERIC STREET, COTTESLOE
CANNING HWY/DOUGLAS AVE. SOUTH PERTH
G.E.H./SHEPPERTON RD. VICTORIA PARK
ALBANY HWY/LEACH HWAY OFF RAMP, BENTLEY
WINTERFOLD RD/STOCK ROAD, HILTON
WANNEROO RD/BEACH ROAD, BALGA
LEACH HWY/BUNGAREE RD. WILSON
BEACH RD/MIRRABOOKA AVENUE BALGA
ROE HWY/KALAMUNDA ROAD, HIGH WYCOMBE
HEPBURN AVE/MARMION AVENUE, PADBURY
MORLEY DVE/ALEXANDER DVE. DIANELLA

Oh and there is one at the lights on Riverside Drive in front of the bell tower.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 05:31:10 PM »
red light camera's ok, but having speed cameras at intersections? man thats fucked up.
im screwed.

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 06:27:22 PM »
Here's an idea.

Don't speed.
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 06:31:18 PM »
Here's an idea.

Don't speed.

Beat me to it :P

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 07:15:44 PM »
A better idea is to steal a car, then you can drive as fast as you like! WEEEEE!
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 07:20:27 PM »
Careful. He might steal your car.

Offline ChuckBilly

• WF Colonel
  • They set him up, he'll bring them down
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 07:20:53 PM »
Or just take you plates off when you plan to speed.........
Or maybe don't speed through intersections? OH THE INJUSTICE
Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 07:53:17 PM »
If you speed you deserve to get fined, speeding is for selfish cunts.

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 08:09:38 PM »

Where is  Deon and what have you done with him? :P

Offline DRONED

• WF Corporal
  • drone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 09:17:26 PM »

quick everyone get in the car its family photo time
30bpm...

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 10:11:56 PM »
The one at Roe hwy/Kalamunda Drive lights is not only a red light camera, but a speed camera too. Think about how cunty that is. If you get there and its just turned amber, you cant speed up to avoid the red light camera.... if you're real unlucky you will cop both.
Mongeese like results

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 10:19:47 PM »

quick everyone get in the car its family photo time

Call shotgun!  :P

Where is  Deon and what have you done with him? :P

Yeah twas a bit much eh?

thing is going even 5 kms over will obviously get you a fine. I dont go mad with the speeding but fuck, im sure most of us here are guilty of doing 5 over alot.

Bare in mind these things are on all of the time, not just if you go thru red light, youre gonna get gaffed eventually.

Might be time to dust off the pushy.
If we all rode pushies, they'd lower the speed limit the cunts im sure.

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 11:36:10 PM »
The one at Roe hwy/Kalamunda Drive lights is not only a red light camera, but a speed camera too. Think about how cunty that is. If you get there and its just turned amber, you cant speed up to avoid the red light camera.... if you're real unlucky you will cop both.

To my understanding, red light camera's sensors are only triggered when someone drives into the intersection while the light is already red. So these cameras don't take a photo every time the light changes, just when someone trips the electromagnetic sensor beneath the road. I looked into it a while ago, because I got "cuntified" through a few red light cameras in the period of a few days (the one on the corner of Stirling/Canning Hwy got me twice in one day, I swear the amber duration is no more than 1.5-2 seconds)... you know, when the light goes amber the exact second you cross into the intersection, but goes red long before you can reach the other side. Needless to say, no fines.
I must slumber, per se.

Offline World Maggot

• WF Major
  • beneath a sky of maggots i slept
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 11:45:04 PM »

I think the idea is you stop
the ultimate frostage desire snowflurry drifts these plains...

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 12:14:38 AM »

If you get to the edge of an intersection and it goes amber, good luck stopping before you enter the intersection.
I must slumber, per se.

Offline World Maggot

• WF Major
  • beneath a sky of maggots i slept
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 12:46:28 AM »

If you get to the edge of an intersection and it goes amber, good luck stopping before you enter the intersection.

If that's the case surely you'd get through before it turns red without needing to speed
the ultimate frostage desire snowflurry drifts these plains...

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 12:47:59 AM »

To my understanding, red light camera's sensors are only triggered when someone drives into the intersection while the light is already red. So these cameras don't take a photo every time the light changes, just when someone trips the electromagnetic sensor beneath the road. I looked into it a while ago, because I got "cuntified" through a few red light cameras in the period of a few days (the one on the corner of Stirling/Canning Hwy got me twice in one day, I swear the amber duration is no more than 1.5-2 seconds)... you know, when the light goes amber the exact second you cross into the intersection, but goes red long before you can reach the other side. Needless to say, no fines.

As long as your back wheels are over the white line when it goes red you're in the clear buddayyy
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 06:36:00 AM »

If that's the case surely you'd get through before it turns red without needing to speed

Not at some intersections, like that of Canning/Stirling I mentioned earlier... in fact, I did speed and still didn't make it. I've heard that it's the same for the intersection of Albany Hwy and Leach Hwy... the amber phase doesn't last long enough to let you cross.
I must slumber, per se.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 01:55:07 PM »
never need to gun it through amber anyway, as long as you're over the line you don't get flashed... And speed cameras have a 10 percent margin of error that works in favour of the motorist.

If you get pinged by one of these, you're just a shit driver, or a lunatic.

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 03:41:08 PM »
A few months ago I was driving a work vehicle on Gnagara Road and I turned left onto Alexander Drive. I didn't see the speed sign that said 70 but I was only doing 70 (just in case). After a few minutes I didn't see another sign and the road was fairly open so I thought i'll sit on 75 kms/hr. I thought I should be safe doing that, there was no speed signs any where for a stretch of several kilometres. So I speed up to 75 and go around a very gentle bend, WHERE THERE IS A SPEED CAMERA HIDING IN THE BUSHES ON THE BEND! Cunts. They got me $150 and 0 demerits. The My speedo said 75 but they said I was doing 79. The boss at work didn't want to know about it. Not even about the incorrect speedo.

They say don't speed and you wont get fined but clearly the people who say the multinovas are just for revenue raising have some point. Very little of the money goes back to prevention and the government actually budgets for speed camera revenue the year before. 

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 05:25:35 PM »
never need to gun it through amber anyway, as long as you're over the line you don't get flashed... And speed cameras have a 10 percent margin of error that works in favour of the motorist.

The issue I have with it is with wet weather. Im sure we've all been in situations where (even when driving a little slower than normal) stopping at an amber before it turns red isn't an option and the safer choice is to go through.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »
A few months ago I was driving a work vehicle on Gnagara Road and I turned left onto Alexander Drive. I didn't see the speed sign that said 70 but I was only doing 70 (just in case). After a few minutes I didn't see another sign and the road was fairly open so I thought i'll sit on 75 kms/hr. I thought I should be safe doing that, there was no speed signs any where for a stretch of several kilometres. So I speed up to 75 and go around a very gentle bend, WHERE THERE IS A SPEED CAMERA HIDING IN THE BUSHES ON THE BEND! Cunts. They got me $150 and 0 demerits. The My speedo said 75 but they said I was doing 79. The boss at work didn't want to know about it. Not even about the incorrect speedo.

They say don't speed and you wont get fined but clearly the people who say the multinovas are just for revenue raising have some point. Very little of the money goes back to prevention and the government actually budgets for speed camera revenue the year before. 

yeah thats it! 150 and 0 demerits. They dont waht you losing your license or getting close to it even. they just want your spondulli.

I notice there's talk about red light speed cameras. Just to clarify, i mean speed cameras, at the traffic lights, always on, all the time regardless of whether you run a red or not. 2, 3 kms over youre fucked. well i hope not that harsh, but who's to know?

Doing 5kms over the limit does not equate you to a lunatic though, or does it? I dont even care, this is a metal site, not a fucking macrame shindig.
I dont have tea parties and friggin scones during the week and kick back and listen to a few "metal tracks" when no ones around.
...oh and drive meticulously to the speed limit so i dont get in twuble. Shit to do, people to see, cant always be Charlie fucking Church. :P

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF Colonel
  • Ormsby Guitars and Repairs
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 06:45:55 PM »
Im gunna miss gunning it through these lights on amber. Makes a big difference if your car actually can accelerate though :)

We got pulled up for "drag racing" when we were in LA recently. 140 kmph when the lights came on. Didnt even bother with a warning or a fine, just told us to keep spending tourist dollars, and have a fantastic trip. Two days before, a couple guys on motorbikes were next to us on the freeway pulling wheelies and egging us on. They sped off in a huge hurry, so we did too. Caught up with them about a km down the freeway. Once again, they egged us on, and then did a massive wheelie and took off. We looked across, and there is a black cop car with no headlights on at all (about two in the morning, and the freeways have no street lights either).  He gives us the 'do a burnout' signal, and points off into the distance at the bikes, waves us on to say 'go for it', then they take the next exit. Awesome!

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 07:13:37 PM »

The issue I have with it is with wet weather. Im sure we've all been in situations where (even when driving a little slower than normal) stopping at an amber before it turns red isn't an option and the safer choice is to go through.

Pretty sure you can still do that, but you really don't have to accelerate to get through the otherside of the intersection beforr the red light comes. If you are across the line when it goes red you're golden, this has happened to me plenty of times, wet and dry... If you mistime it and cross the line on red you should've been paying more attention in the first place.

The morely alexander one is pointless, as you can always bypass the set of lights by going around anyway.

End of the day, it is all revenue raising, and it's fucking annoying but it's here now, so we have to adapt or avoid.

Or just get some black spraypaint and go to town on the lenses.