Author Topic: Camera's eveywhere.  (Read 16404 times)

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
Re: Camera's eveywhere.
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 07:40:33 PM »
You guys are wrong about the red light sensor. The new cameras are ALWAYS ON for speeding regardless of traffic light colour.
Where they have instituted these in qld the accident rate @ traffic light has sky rocketed due to people jamming on the brakes & causing multiple car pileups ESP in the wet. The qld like the wa goby doesnt give a shit because even though they cause more accidents they also raise a crapload of revenue.
FUCKHEADS!! 

Offline DreadLine

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • www.ozfishforsale.com.au
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2010, 08:45:34 PM »
in the Uk a few years back they brought in cameras that could catch 8 lanes of traffic at once for the HWY's and then cut police funding for the next year, saying they would re-coup their losses from these cameras. Subsequently when the public found out they generaly slowed down on the Hwy's, so the cops started to be down on funding. So they started an ad. campain, telling everyone not to be over cautious as this is dangerous, in an effort to get more people to speed and pick revenue again. didn't work. They had to give the cops back there funding the next year. Pretty funny!

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2010, 08:57:10 PM »
Coolest story I ever heard about a multanova was in Perth Im pretty sure. These dudes got done in a Commodore for speeding (multanova flashed them) so they did a blocky, came back casually and starting chatting to the operator, pretending to be interested in getting into that line of work or some shit. In the mean time a passenger in the Commy got out, unscrewed a number plate from the van. They carried on their way, did another blocky, stopping to put the number plate on the front of the Commy, then gun it at 180km/h past the multanova. Imagine the operators shock when he got sent the fine from him own camera!!
Mongeese like results

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2010, 09:14:18 PM »
Just drove past the one on Eric/Stirling hwy, theres no way these things will last long, hooligans will vandalise them before they can fatten the governments wallet too much.
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 12:17:59 AM »
A few months ago I was driving a work vehicle on Gnagara Road and I turned left onto Alexander Drive. I didn't see the speed sign that said 70 but I was only doing 70 (just in case). After a few minutes I didn't see another sign and the road was fairly open so I thought i'll sit on 75 kms/hr. I thought I should be safe doing that, there was no speed signs any where for a stretch of several kilometres. So I speed up to 75 and go around a very gentle bend, WHERE THERE IS A SPEED CAMERA HIDING IN THE BUSHES ON THE BEND! Cunts. They got me $150 and 0 demerits. The My speedo said 75 but they said I was doing 79. The boss at work didn't want to know about it. Not even about the incorrect speedo.

They say don't speed and you wont get fined but clearly the people who say the multinovas are just for revenue raising have some point. Very little of the money goes back to prevention and the government actually budgets for speed camera revenue the year before. 
Doing 5kms over the limit does not equate you to a lunatic though, or does it? I dont even care, this is a metal site, not a fucking macrame shindig.
I dont have tea parties and friggin scones during the week and kick back and listen to a few "metal tracks" when no ones around.
...oh and drive meticulously to the speed limit so i dont get in twuble. Shit to do, people to see, cant always be Charlie fucking Church. :P

It's not about getting in trouble. It's about the fact that every time you speed you are endangering not only your own life but more importantly everyone else's on the road with you. You might think you are a good driver (you're probably not) so it doesn't matter if you only go 5km's over the limit. Even if an accident is caused by somebody else the same collision at a higher speed is more likely to kill or injure anyone involved. Since I got my license I have not lost a single demerit or got a single fine, not because I'm scared to pay the fine but because I don't want someone's death or disability on my conscience. The reasoning behind speed camera's is debatable, the reasoning behind the speed limit is not. It's there so you don't fucking kill people. But I guess it's ok if you have places to be, your time is more important than someone else's life/legs.   

Offline DreadLine

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • www.ozfishforsale.com.au
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 12:49:27 AM »
I think the problem is Perth is such an urban sprawl. I know 45min to an hour in the car on the way to my drummers house in Willeton, is enough to get me frustrated and start to speed a bit. With every decrease of speed accross the board, u get an increase in Roadrage, causing people to speed and make reckless decisions. Again in the Uk, they noticed in some counties, that accidents went up with the introduction of speed cameras. So they did a test and got rid of them for 12months in those places, and incidences of accidents decreased.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 01:24:32 AM »
A few months ago I was driving a work vehicle on Gnagara Road and I turned left onto Alexander Drive. I didn't see the speed sign that said 70 but I was only doing 70 (just in case). After a few minutes I didn't see another sign and the road was fairly open so I thought i'll sit on 75 kms/hr. I thought I should be safe doing that, there was no speed signs any where for a stretch of several kilometres. So I speed up to 75 and go around a very gentle bend, WHERE THERE IS A SPEED CAMERA HIDING IN THE BUSHES ON THE BEND! Cunts. They got me $150 and 0 demerits. The My speedo said 75 but they said I was doing 79. The boss at work didn't want to know about it. Not even about the incorrect speedo.

They say don't speed and you wont get fined but clearly the people who say the multinovas are just for revenue raising have some point. Very little of the money goes back to prevention and the government actually budgets for speed camera revenue the year before. 
Doing 5kms over the limit does not equate you to a lunatic though, or does it? I dont even care, this is a metal site, not a fucking macrame shindig.
I dont have tea parties and friggin scones during the week and kick back and listen to a few "metal tracks" when no ones around.
...oh and drive meticulously to the speed limit so i dont get in twuble. Shit to do, people to see, cant always be Charlie fucking Church. :P

It's not about getting in trouble. It's about the fact that every time you speed you are endangering not only your own life but more importantly everyone else's on the road with you. You might think you are a good driver (you're probably not) so it doesn't matter if you only go 5km's over the limit. Even if an accident is caused by somebody else the same collision at a higher speed is more likely to kill or injure anyone involved. Since I got my license I have not lost a single demerit or got a single fine, not because I'm scared to pay the fine but because I don't want someone's death or disability on my conscience. The reasoning behind speed camera's is debatable, the reasoning behind the speed limit is not. It's there so you don't fucking kill people. But I guess it's ok if you have places to be, your time is more important than someone else's life/legs.   

If you hit someone and fuck them up youre still gonna have it on your conscience regardless.
I never said i was a good driver i never said i was bad either what does it matter? Its not formula one.

IMO its not the speeding that's the problem around here, its the fucking slow as fuck, over cautious snails out there that are unconfident and shit scared when they are faced with any old easy decision on the road, like turning a corner. These people are more likey to, and do cause alot of accidents involving people trying to get from A to B a little quicker because of them.
The solution is not to slow down anymore for fuck sake, we are doing 50 in alot of places. if we go any slower, its back to pushies. The solution is to get the repeat offenders and dumbasses of the street.

The dumb fucks destroy it for eveyone. Its all to accomodate them.
The natural order of things is just that. If you change it for everyone then where will we end up?

If there's a machine at work i cant handle, the whole workshop doesnt revert back to the stone age to accomodate my ego.

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 01:33:53 AM »
It's not about getting in trouble. It's about the fact that every time you speed you are endangering not only your own life but more importantly everyone else's on the road with you. You might think you are a good driver (you're probably not) so it doesn't matter if you only go 5km's over the limit. Even if an accident is caused by somebody else the same collision at a higher speed is more likely to kill or injure anyone involved. Since I got my license I have not lost a single demerit or got a single fine, not because I'm scared to pay the fine but because I don't want someone's death or disability on my conscience. The reasoning behind speed camera's is debatable, the reasoning behind the speed limit is not. It's there so you don't fucking kill people.

Unfortunately you don't just become dangerous by exceeding the speed limit. Just as many people are mamed and killed at 55km hr, and people have even been killed at speeds under 10...

You say that "every time you speed you are endangering not only your own life but more importantly everyone else's on the road with you", but the risk kicks in the moment you turn the key, not once you exceed 60km/hr.

If you're not paying attention, you're dead, at practically any speed.

Police target speeders because its much easier and definite to prove than catching people who are simply not paying full attention on the road - be they smoking, chatting, blasting music, talking on a phone - and these guys are a far more dangerous hazard than the guy with his full attention on driving at 67km/hr.

Offline ded

• WF Colonel
  • Flopsy The Cunt Faced Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 02:14:06 AM »
You guys are wrong about the red light sensor. The new cameras are ALWAYS ON for speeding regardless of traffic light colour.

Yeah that was my understanding too.  They've had these in Darwin for years at all the major intersections, it's quite a light show at night when you see flashes every few minutes.  And the new multinova's we have here can register the speeds of up to 4 cars at once, so no more "it was the guy next to me" excuse, and motorbikes aren't safe either.

I'm guilty of going over (by 10 or so) and have been fined hundreds of times, but I don't speed to get places, I just happen to become oblivious to the speed I'm doing when I pass a camera.  It's the cockheads that hoon that shit me, ususally their balls are bigger than their brains and their ego dominates them both.  I don't agree on getting nailed for going 10 over, but ultimately that's where the majority of the money is coming from.

Revenue raising or not - every factor of speed, inattention, rage, lack of common sense, lack of skill or education and downright stupidity all have the potential to cause an accident, whether it end in damage, injury or death.  There's no way to make people less stupid, you can only raise money to educate and pretty much hope for the best. 

You know one thing I'll never understand about you.  No matter how many times I kick you in the teeth, smack you with the manhole cover, throw hot water in your face, pour molten glass in your rectum.....you'll always come back for more.

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 02:32:46 AM »
I was in the process of writing a lengthy reply but I deleted it. If you think speeding is safe you are a moron, stop deluding yourself and think of other people you selfish fucks.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2010, 02:57:55 AM »
Bring back the over excited black metal kids.

These threads are boring.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Bherstuk

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2010, 04:55:31 AM »
Bring back the over excited black metal kids.

These threads are boring.

One got all his account banned the other moved to melbourne.

This is your chance to take over.
Down Tempo Enthusiast

Core is shit.

Offline ChuckBilly

• WF Colonel
  • They set him up, he'll bring them down
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2010, 05:06:59 AM »
But as much as lack of attention/common sense/distraction also causes accidents, speeding accidents are preventable. You cant guarantee that you will concentrate 100% of the time you are driving, but you can guarantee your speed limit and hence you might not cause a speeding related accident (they don't do those drop 5 save lives ads just for fun you know). I used to speed a fair bit, then I got pinged about 4 times in a year. Decided I couldn't afford the fines at the time so now I hardly ever speed/5km over at most. The system worked!

I don't see how people can call speeding cameras a "revenue" raiser, when it unbiasedly charges you if your 3km over the limit? If you don't agree with the speed limit 1.don't fucking drive or 2. don't fucking whinge when you get caught.
Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2010, 06:03:39 AM »
IMO its not the speeding that's the problem around here, its the fucking slow as fuck, over cautious snails out there that are unconfident and shit scared when they are faced with any old easy decision on the road, like turning a corner. These people are more likey to, and do cause alot of accidents involving people trying to get from A to B a little quicker because of them.
The solution is not to slow down anymore for fuck sake, we are doing 50 in alot of places. if we go any slower, its back to pushies. The solution is to get the repeat offenders and dumbasses of the street.

I'm inclined to agree... these kinds of people cause most of the traffic choke and danger on the roads. The way I see it, if you aren't within 5kms of the speed limit, without a practical reason (such as bad weather, poor visibility, etc), you should get the hell off the road. As far as I know, it's an offense to drive 20kms under the posted speed limit without flashing your hazard lights, and ultimately planning to get off the road, yet it happens all the time, and I've never seen it enforced. In fact, I notice this THE MOST during those double-demerit long weekends... everyone drives slow and over cautiously, as if to make them appear incognito to any observing police officers.

The thing I notice with a lot of speeders, is they are generally adept and confident drivers, and they end up getting out of your way... they don't really put you at nearly as much risk as the slow, unconfident drivers who make unpredictable decisions without warning... constantly changing speeds, braking for no reason, changing lanes abruptly without indicating, or just plainly swerving between lanes because they aren't paying attention to the road. The only kind of "speeding" I've ever seen as a danger to me is tailgaters, but if they really wanted to speed, they'd just overtake.
I must slumber, per se.

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2010, 07:05:35 AM »
Speeders are not generally adept drivers they are just arrogant. Some may be better than average at controlling their car but most just think they are. A nervous driver may be more dangerous than a person who has good control over their car and speeds slightly but that doesn't change the fact that speeding still puts you and other road users at greater risk than driving the limit. You don't have to speed to be a confident or competent driver.

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2010, 07:40:51 AM »
True, but more often that not, driving slow (i.e. below the limit) appears to be a symptom of unskilled/unconfident drivers. Having a few of them driving around you keeps you exposed to a consistent risk of an accident... drivers that speed past you (especially when it's only 10-20kms above the limit), and hence away from you, are more of a risk to themselves if anything, than those they speed past (i.e. you), and the time frame in which they are a threat to your safety is far shorter. Speeding and recklessness, while definitely not mutually exclusive, aren't always the same thing. Not only that, not all speed limits for given roads can be unarguably justified. No one set of rules, or system of thought can be infallible.
Still, I'd say the risk of an accident is incalculable and pretty much the same for every second you are on the road, regardless of the legal speed limit, or the speed of the drivers around you. Like Damo said... the risk starts when you turn the key, not floor the accelerator. I myself have had more accidents involving other motorists when I haven't even been in a car.
I must slumber, per se.

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2010, 08:03:46 AM »
True, but more often that not, driving slow (i.e. below the limit) appears to be a symptom of unskilled/unconfident drivers. Having a few of them driving around you keeps you exposed to a consistent risk of an accident... drivers that speed past you (especially when it's only 10-20kms above the limit), and hence away from you, are more of a risk to themselves if anything, than those they speed past (i.e. you), and the time frame in which they are a threat to your safety is far shorter. Speeding and recklessness, while definitely not mutually exclusive, aren't always the same thing. Not only that, not all speed limits for given roads can be unarguably justified. No one set of rules, or system of thought can be infallible.
Still, I'd say the risk of an accident is incalculable and pretty much the same for every second you are on the road, regardless of the legal speed limit, or the speed of the drivers around you. Like Damo said... the risk starts when you turn the key, not floor the accelerator. I myself have had more accidents involving other motorists when I haven't even been in a car.

A driver going 10-20km's under the limit should technically be in your vicinity for the same amount of time as someone going 10-20km's over the limit if you are traveling AT the limit. Other than that I agree with you that the risk starts as soon as you start your car. However, I disagree that the risk is constant irregardless of the behavior of drivers in you vicinity. When I start my car I am happy to agree (in principle) to drive with other people on the roads conforming to current WA road laws. In reality I am forced to drive with people who are not obeying the rules and are knowingly putting my life in further jeopardy than is necessary. This is what I am not happy about.

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2010, 10:11:58 AM »
It's really not as cut and dry as you're suggesting. It's silly to say that if the sign says 60, then it's perfectly safe to drive at that speed but as soon as you hit 61, you're being an irresponsible selfish hoon. What if the sign on the same road happened to say 70? Would that all of a sudden mean it's perfectly safe to drive at 70 but totally unacceptable to drive at 71?

See what I'm getting at?

As Damo said, you're dangerous as soon as you fire up the engine. Sure, the faster you go the more of a danger you are but it's pretty dumb to think that on every stretch of road there is a definitive line separating safe speed from dangerous speed.

What shits me about multanovas is that there is no perspective. It's pretty unreasonable to expect everyone to sit behind a truck going 20 or 30 k's under the limit just cause the law says you can only go up to 80. There's no reason why it should be deemed unsafe and illegal to quickly overtake someone who is potentially going to seriously inconvenience you.

Placement of multanovas or hand helds can be shocking too. The other day I was driving down the hutton st freeway entrance which is quite long. Usually I speed up straight away as I find it is actually a lot safer to enter the freeway at speed rather than entering a 100km/hr zone at 70 or 80km/hr and having cunts having to slam their brakes on to avoid putting their radiators into your spine. So anyway I was driving down the entrance and there were coppers about 5 metres in front of the "100" sign pulling people over for speeding up to enter the freeway. Fucking ridiculous. I was lucky not to get done. I usually am pretty close to 100 at that point but there was heavy traffic stopping me from speeding up so I managed to avoid them.

Bunch of cunts.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2010, 03:10:08 PM »
It's really not as cut and dry as you're suggesting. It's silly to say that if the sign says 60, then it's perfectly safe to drive at that speed but as soon as you hit 61, you're being an irresponsible selfish hoon. What if the sign on the same road happened to say 70? Would that all of a sudden mean it's perfectly safe to drive at 70 but totally unacceptable to drive at 71?

See what I'm getting at?

yep, tis what i was trying to say.
Dont want us to go over the speed limit. Truly?
then fit the fucking cars with limiters, make turbo's illegal, make V8's illegal, hell make V6's illegal, fit scooters with restricters you cant get off, fit speedo's that wont go over 110, take "all" motorbikes off the shelves......wank wank wank.

Ingasm and Chantian, i definately see your points, But to me there is a whole grey area in here, between people that cant drive for shit and those that speed like madmen and endanger lives no question. the grey area being the average dude doing 5 or maybe sometimes 10 over here and there. I do think 10 over then youre asking for it, but alot of times its unknowingly.

how many times have you gone past someone and gone 5 over because the cockwasher is going 50 on Canning hwy? It just so happens alot of these camers are on, you guessed it C.Hwy.

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2010, 04:20:17 PM »
Placement of multanovas or hand helds can be shocking too. The other day I was driving down the hutton st freeway entrance which is quite long. Usually I speed up straight away as I find it is actually a lot safer to enter the freeway at speed rather than entering a 100km/hr zone at 70 or 80km/hr and having cunts having to slam their brakes on to avoid putting their radiators into your spine. So anyway I was driving down the entrance and there were coppers about 5 metres in front of the "100" sign pulling people over for speeding up to enter the freeway. Fucking ridiculous. I was lucky not to get done. I usually am pretty close to 100 at that point but there was heavy traffic stopping me from speeding up so I managed to avoid them.
Was it in that little industrial building carpark? Cops are there ALL the time!
I dont think I ever saw an accident there while I was frequenting that stretch of road, but it sure made an easy target for those wanting to get up to freeway speed 5 seconds too soon...

For the record, there is a onramp stretch just past them where you can accellerate to 100 prior to hitting the freeway.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2010, 04:30:09 PM »
irregardless

Your post lost any serious qualities it had as soon as you used this "word".
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2010, 05:13:24 PM »

See what I'm getting at?

As Damo said, you're dangerous as soon as you fire up the engine. Sure, the faster you go the more of a danger you are but it's pretty dumb to think that on every stretch of road there is a definitive line separating safe speed from dangerous speed.

The speed limit is the maximum safe speed in perfect conditions. The minute you go even 1km over you increase your stopping time by a large amount. The effect wont be exceptionally large until around 5km over but there is still a difference, and no that does not mean there is a magic speed when driving on a road becomes dangerous because it's always dangerous but driving at the speed limit creates a more acceptable risk.

Dont want us to go over the speed limit. Truly?
then fit the fucking cars with limiters, make turbo's illegal, make V8's illegal, hell make V6's illegal, fit scooters with restricters you cant get off, fit speedo's that wont go over 110, take "all" motorbikes off the shelves......wank wank wank.

I think that is a good idea. No point in driving cars that can do more than you require them for on public roads. They should be restricted to race tracks. Will never happen but really it would save a lot of lives.

Ingasm and Chantian, i definately see your points, But to me there is a whole grey area in here, between people that cant drive for shit and those that speed like madmen and endanger lives no question. the grey area being the average dude doing 5 or maybe sometimes 10 over here and there. I do think 10 over then youre asking for it, but alot of times its unknowingly.

how many times have you gone past someone and gone 5 over because the cockwasher is going 50 on Canning hwy? It just so happens alot of these camers are on, you guessed it C.Hwy.

If someone is going slow enough to significantly effect you then you should not have to speed to overtake them safely. If you have to speed it's because you're not confident in your maneuver. Yes there is a difference between people who speed all the time and go faster because the danger of speeding increases the faster you go but it is still unfair to other people the moment you knowingly break the speed limit.

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2010, 06:34:57 PM »
The speed limit is the maximum safe speed in perfect conditions. [.quote]
According to who? This is where the root of the problem lies. People have vastly different measures of reaction time and confidence on the road. Whilst someone driving at 50km/hr may have the reaction time, experience and ability to read the road, that same speed could be damn scary for a twitchy, inexperienced, old or distracted driver.

Speeding is speeding, but 'safe driving' is not necessarily speed dependent, and would rely more on traffic density and road condition. Sure, the potential for a bad accident may increase, but thats why roads with higher limits are generally made to be safer - rail guards, greater following distance, straightness, no traffic lights, etc.

You just need to look at Autobahns or racetracks to notice that the rate of accident is much lower than in a 60km/hr zone, where you have to deal with all kinds of drivers, lots more of them, and less favourable road conditions.

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2010, 08:13:36 PM »
That sounds about right to me.
Australian drivers seem to be quite average in skill level compared to drivers in other countries i've seen, despite our wonderful road contidions, go figure......

Offline TB

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2010, 01:19:56 AM »

Bunch of cunts.

The hand-held is at the merge point, hence the need for speed restriction and its more like 100m before the 100 sign, I drive through this every day. It's the same on the Hutton st exit on the opposite side, people enter the 60 zone at 100, and get pinged all the time