Author Topic: Camera's eveywhere.  (Read 16502 times)

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Camera's eveywhere.
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2010, 01:37:47 AM »
According to who?

According to the law...

People have vastly different measures of reaction time and confidence on the road. Whilst someone driving at 50km/hr may have the reaction time, experience and ability to read the road, that same speed could be damn scary for a twitchy, inexperienced, old or distracted driver.

What makes you think you are one of the elite that can safely driver over the limit? 99% of road users probably think they are better than average drivers.

Speeding is speeding, but 'safe driving' is not necessarily speed dependent, and would rely more on traffic density and road condition. Sure, the potential for a bad accident may increase, but thats why roads with higher limits are generally made to be safer - rail guards, greater following distance, straightness, no traffic lights, etc.

You just need to look at Autobahns or racetracks to notice that the rate of accident is much lower than in a 60km/hr zone, where you have to deal with all kinds of drivers, lots more of them, and less favourable road conditions.

You are not really making sense. Roads with less favorable conditions have lower limits for that reason. There are more accidents on these roads because of traffic density, the amount of intersections and pedestrian activity. Safe driving is not speed related with no relevance to anything. That's not what I am saying. Safe driving is speed dependent relevant to road conditions. That's why there are different speed limits for different roads. I never said going 50km/h is automatically safer than going 100km/h anywhere, which is what you implied. For example, 100km/h on the freeway is obviously safer than going 60km an hour in a 50km/h zone. And even if 100km/h on the freeway is safer than 50km/h in a 50km/h zone people are still getting killed in both area's and if anything that just means that you should reduce the speed of the more dangerous zone not increase the speed in the less (but still) dangerous zone.

Offline MetalMoe

• WF Major
  • BAIT IT, CAST IT, SNAG IT, STUFF IT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2010, 01:49:28 AM »
Right on, I reckon i've agreed with just about every thing you've said cdeanie.

As far as dangers on the road, there is nothing scarier then 35 landies towing 43ft caravans, driven by Bert and Mavis, all trying to get a spot at the caravan parks every morning up here in Broome at the minute.
BEER'N'BUNDY'N'BROOME
IF ITS TOURIST SEASON WHY CAN'T WE SHOOT THEM?

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2010, 01:53:06 AM »
For what reason is it considered safe to drive on roads in France at 130kph, but unsafe on better roads here at 130kph? Why is 200kph considered safe in Germany?

Safe is not a quantifiable term.

110 on the freeway is not inherently unsafe, just like 50kph in a 50 zone is not inherently safe.

Also, you're a dork.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2010, 01:56:39 AM »
Speed or don't speed, I don't care.

Just fuck up, this is too boring to spend your spare time debating.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2010, 02:03:20 AM »

Offline Harlequin Forest

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2010, 02:29:37 AM »
Speeding doesn't cause accidents, nor does driving slow. Its bad driving and nothing more. If you saw the report Mark Skaife did a few weeks back on channel 7, it all came down to poor education with driving. We teach people how to pass a test, not how to drive. We need mandatory advanced driving courses and a reform of our testing standards.

The only one of these new cameras I go near is Roe Hwy/Kalamunda Rd because I live in High Wycombe, but I'm always turning at that intersection so I'll never get busted.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2010, 02:43:38 AM »
Speed or don't speed, I don't care.

Just fuck up, this is too boring to spend your spare time debating.

yeah someone fucking brake something.  I mean break something. now god damn it! :blowup:

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2010, 03:03:35 AM »
Sometimes (I reckon anyway) speed limits are set as part of a revenue raising exercise. Put up a sign where it's very easy to 'speed' like  the intersection of Stock Rd and Winterfold Rd. The speed limit changes from 80 to 60, the sign is on a downward slope just as you go around the corner so all of a sudden you have to drop 20kms an hour with little warning. This is a very busy road with a lot of trucks. Almost every other intersection till you hit Rockingham in the south is 80 kms. Even northbound the the speed limit through most intersections is 70.

I see no reason for this apart from being to raise revenue. How about putting the sign further back to give people more notice? Oh no... that would harm revenue. I'm sure there are other examples of this too.

The bottom line is not road safety, It's money. The government don't give a fuck about road safety. 

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2010, 07:09:22 AM »

Looks like the road to Bunbury. Am I right?

Offline DRONED

• WF Corporal
  • drone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2010, 07:09:42 AM »
about 10 years ago my old man gave me the idea to sit in the bushes with some mates and hold a disposable camera out and flash people driving past (speeding or not).

it was fucking funny and regulary got chased by the cops for it, usualy because the dipshit taxi drivers dobbed us in. Also the occasional chase by dickheads in their done up VL Holdens doing 120+ along Hepburn was highly entertaining too.

Wonder did anyone on here get cought out by us? it was along Hepburn ave just past kingsley dve and somtimes on marmion ave near beach rd at night about 8 - 10 years ago.

and i still have the camera too hahaha
30bpm...

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2010, 07:59:49 AM »

QFT

Sometimes (I reckon anyway) speed limits are set as part of a revenue raising exercise. Put up a sign where it's very easy to 'speed' like  the intersection of Stock Rd and Winterfold Rd. The speed limit changes from 80 to 60, the sign is on a downward slope just as you go around the corner so all of a sudden you have to drop 20kms an hour with little warning. This is a very busy road with a lot of trucks. Almost every other intersection till you hit Rockingham in the south is 80 kms. Even northbound the the speed limit through most intersections is 70.

Agreed man... I used to drive down Stock Rd frequently for rehearsal with one of my old bands... always shitted me. After several intersections (closer to Freo) there are no speed signs what so ever. Tha fuck?

Also, here's an example of (imo, what is) justified speeding... and it happens all the time. You're on a two lane road, all cars traveling close to the speed limit. One car directly behind you, one right next to you in the other lane. The car right next to you starts drifting or changing in to your lane, somehow unaware of your presence. What do you do?
1. Do nothing, the car next to you slams in to you, and all three of you are in an accident.
2. Slam your brakes in hope that the car next to you wont hit you... the car behind you fucks you up.
3. Speed up quickly (break the law, omgz) to get ahead of the car next to you, so you can avoid a collision altogether.

Options 1 and 2 play by the book, and both involve you being fucked.
Option 3 breaks the sacred, arbitrary laws that blatantly dictate what is right and what is wrong, but result in you not being fucked.
But of course, according to the law, Option 3 is the irresponsible and unsafe choice. Yeah... makes sense.
I've had to take Option 3 countless times in my driving journeys... if I have to bear some kind of guilt for it, so fucking be it... at least I am still alive (and not a quadriplegic), with a working car.
I must slumber, per se.

Offline ded

• WF Colonel
  • Flopsy The Cunt Faced Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2010, 08:10:08 AM »
I love the "slow drivers are more dangerous" debate!

Common sense tells me that if I'm around a slower/unpredictable driver, I back the fuck off and be more aware of them.  I don't get raged up and try to over take them if it's too dangerous or if it means I have to floor it to get past him.  And usually the only reason you floor it is because you're so pissed off at the miniscule inconvenience and instantly rate yourself a better driver than they are.  Raged up drivers (regardless of what their problem is) are just impatient fuckheads that should take ten for a time out.  Your time isn't so precious that it gives you the right to be a tool on the road.

At the intersection of Hale rd and Welshpool rd there's an open right hand turn into Hale rd and in peak hour the traffic on Welshpool rd is massive.  Usually when I'm waiting to turn right I dont wait right in the middle of the road, I hang back.  This guy about 3 cars behind me got so mad that he pulled out of the turning lane, screamed passed me and parked himself in the middle of the road in front of me.  He was so pissed off and going so fast he had to slam on his brakes and only just missed the cars flying through the intersection.  Turns out he had to wait to turn just as long as I did, so what the fuck?  A few weeks before that, a car carrying a trailer wiped out a motorbike at the same intersection.  

Further down Hale rd at the roundabout, a P plater in his brand new ute slammed into the brick wall of the estate and totally destroyed his car.  I went over to see if he was ok and ask him what happened, he goes "awww I was going too fast and lost control".  I was in my cardigan and slippers and saw it fit to sound like an angry mum and told him to be more careful next time.  A few months before that, the same thing happened to a P plater that had a carful of kids, from the other direction, they lost it and ended up in the ditch.  The funniest thing was when they had to call their folks to come and bail them out, they got berated by the olds in the middle of the street for driving like dickheads.  Classic!

As for speed limits on the roads and who sets them - lets consider that.  Mostly they're reduced in reaction to accidents (fatalities) e.g. 50km/h in built up areas as a result of kids getting killed, 110km/hr open roads dropped to 100 because people are driving into trees etc.  The fact of the matter is, they're set for a reason and like every other road rule and law they're a blanket rule in the name of safety and order.  Any "reasonable man" can bend and break it within reason.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:18:52 AM by ded »
You know one thing I'll never understand about you.  No matter how many times I kick you in the teeth, smack you with the manhole cover, throw hot water in your face, pour molten glass in your rectum.....you'll always come back for more.

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »

QFT

What does Quantum Field Theory have to do with this?  ::)

(I just hate internet abbreviations QFT, IMHO, AFK, etc.. just lazy. Not that you're the worst culprit but I just felt like venting now. Hey.. I'm allowed to go off topic sometimes too. ;D)

Placement of multanovas or hand helds can be shocking too. The other day I was driving down the hutton st freeway entrance which is quite long. Usually I speed up straight away as I find it is actually a lot safer to enter the freeway at speed rather than entering a 100km/hr zone at 70 or 80km/hr and having cunts having to slam their brakes on to avoid putting their radiators into your spine. So anyway I was driving down the entrance and there were coppers about 5 metres in front of the "100" sign pulling people over for speeding up to enter the freeway. Fucking ridiculous. I was lucky not to get done. I usually am pretty close to 100 at that point but there was heavy traffic stopping me from speeding up so I managed to avoid them.

Bunch of cunts.

The hand-held is at the merge point, hence the need for speed restriction and its more like 100m before the 100 sign, I drive through this every day. It's the same on the Hutton st exit on the opposite side, people enter the 60 zone at 100, and get pinged all the time
It may well have changed by now but a few years back some of my cop mates told me that they aren't allowed to put speed traps within 200 metres of a change of speed limit sign.

In regards to the new cameras for anyone that is interested, they work as speed and red light cameras indepently. If you do one or the other you will get a ticket for the respective infringement. If you speed through as the light is red you will receive 2 separate tickets, one for each infringement. In this case, if you feel the need to, you may contest both or just one or the other in court.

Speaking of revenue raising, there is a review taking place to decide whether to extend 40km/h limits for school zones to be in place ALL THE TIME. Not just during the times kids are arriving at and leaving school as currently. What bullshit. I can't stand the nanny state (to use an over used term, possibly for good reason) that we live in, having to cater for the lowest common denominator all the time. No wonder society is getting dumbed down and generally going down the shitter.

Survival of the fittest.. not any more - survival of the nitwits. Shouldn't be a 40km/h zone anytime, and general speed limit shouldn't have been dropped to 50km/h. We all survived just fine before that.. any kids that are stupid enough to go onto the road don't deserve to bring the gene pool down to their level. Harsh I know, but true.

The retards that speed excessively in dangerous situations aren't dissuaded by any speed limit sign, no matter how low you make it. However it is the majority of us that have to pay for their mistakes.

Offline dparker

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2010, 09:48:52 AM »
(We have) to cater for the lowest common denominator all the time. No wonder society is getting dumbed down and generally going down the shitter.

QFT. ;D

That's exactly how it is though... those of us who are able/willing, denied for the protection of those who aren't.

In line with what Harlequin Forest said; We should be raising the bar at the licensing level to stop idiots from even being able to drive, rather than making the road rules so restrictive as to accommodate the inadequacies of aforementioned idiots.
I must slumber, per se.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2010, 03:55:42 PM »
Please leave your keys in the the bowl to your right and enjoy the night?

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
JIBBER JABBER JIBBER JABBER JIBBER JABBER JIBBER JABBER JIBBER JABBER JIBBER JABBER JIBBER JABBER JIBBER JABBER JIBBER JABBER JIBBER JABBER JIBBER JABBER.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2010, 04:39:15 PM »
This is directed to all the people who believe that speed cameras are the best way to increase road safety.

BULL SHIT!

When travelling northbound on the freeway toward the city there is a section where the speed limit drops from 100 to 80. It's amazing how many people slow down when they see the very large 80 painted on the road. Almost every person slows down. It's the only place in Perth I've seen people consistently slow down to the speed limit. 500 metres past it people speed up again. Out of sight out mind I believe the saying goes.

Sometimes I'm out driving and I have no idea what the speed limit is. A few more of these around the place would see people slow down more often.

But then revenue would drop.... FUCK THE GOVERNMENTS POLICY ON ROAD SAFETY - IT'S BULLSHIT!

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2010, 04:42:16 PM »
there's alot of scared and old people here, way before their time.

fucking grow a set, and while yer at it get off your soap box. You'll fall and break something.

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2010, 05:12:45 PM »
You have a bad attitude mate. You're gonna kill someone/somewhere, even if it's not driving related. This is you "I blatantly disregard safety because that makes me a tough cunt and if you don't do dangerous things in the most dangerous way possible you are a pussy." Why don't you try using logical argument instead of trying to be a tough guy. Some people on the opposing side of this thread have actually come up with some good points and made me think about a few things. You have contributed nothing.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2010, 05:56:53 PM »
ah fuck it, i removed my reply to that.

not interested. Im gonna speed to the shop now doing 53 in a 50 zone, run over some pedestrians that jump out in front of me coz i cant stop in time because im 3 over.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:03:38 PM by goat »

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2010, 06:11:18 PM »
This is directed to all the people who believe that speed cameras are the best way to increase road safety.

BULL SHIT!

When travelling northbound on the freeway toward the city there is a section where the speed limit drops from 100 to 80. It's amazing how many people slow down when they see the very large 80 painted on the road. Almost every person slows down. It's the only place in Perth I've seen people consistently slow down to the speed limit. 500 metres past it people speed up again. Out of sight out mind I believe the saying goes.

Sometimes I'm out driving and I have no idea what the speed limit is. A few more of these around the place would see people slow down more often.

But then revenue would drop.... FUCK THE GOVERNMENTS POLICY ON ROAD SAFETY - IT'S BULLSHIT!

Thats because everyone knows that the spot where the freeway diverges into Riverside drive, Hay St and Fwy North is a hotspot for cameras (right on that little grassy bit).
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2010, 06:43:01 PM »
Just yesterday I was doing 100 in a built up area, a cop pulled me over and said "Don't you know the speed limit here is 50 kilometres an hour?" and I said "Yeah, but I wasn't planning on being out that long."
;D

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2010, 07:13:25 PM »
Also, here's an example of (imo, what is) justified speeding... and it happens all the time. You're on a two lane road, all cars traveling close to the speed limit. One car directly behind you, one right next to you in the other lane. The car right next to you starts drifting or changing in to your lane, somehow unaware of your presence. What do you do?
1. Do nothing, the car next to you slams in to you, and all three of you are in an accident.
2. Slam your brakes in hope that the car next to you wont hit you... the car behind you fucks you up.
3. Speed up quickly (break the law, omgz) to get ahead of the car next to you, so you can avoid a collision altogether.

I agree. I tried to find some legislation relating to this but couldn't. You'd think any police witnessing this event would use common sense but I donno.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2010, 07:57:44 PM »

I agree. I tried to find some legislation relating to this but couldn't. You'd think any police witnessing this event would use common sense but I donno.

First you deal with it the best way you can and instinctively. Bet you they dont give you that in the manual huh Chantian?
Then, depending on the person you are, you either get out of it using split second instinct, or you sit there all fucked up having a brain hemorage as whether to break the law or not and become a statistic. (This is not a tough guy statement.)

Then whatever the outcome, you get the shit for brains who drifted across the road, off the roads for Dangerous Driving.
Now youre not gonna tell me that the guy that gets the fuck outta the way is some sorta crazed maniac because he sped are you?
Are you?

Whatever legislation you find on the "appropriate" measures to deal with that, i suggest you train your body and brain to react in that exact way or you'll do what anyone else would and speed up. we dont want that.

Offline ChuckBilly

• WF Colonel
  • They set him up, he'll bring them down
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2010, 09:21:55 PM »
"LOL"

No you break safely and slow down. The person behind you shouldn't crash into you because they will be travelling at a safe distance.

This arguement is going round in circles and not going anywhere. Chantian your not going to change their opinions, stop trying
Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.