Author Topic: SOUNDWAVE 2011 - feat IRON MAIDEN & SLAYER  (Read 34743 times)

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: SOUNDWAVE 2011 - feat IRON MAIDEN & SLAYER
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2011, 06:00:30 AM »
whats the likely hood of sniffer dogs at the gates?
Mongeese like results

Offline DevolvedEmperor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2011, 11:59:56 PM »
I've never seen sniffer dogs at Soundwave before, though i didn't go last year.

SLAYER didn't play today in Sydney because Tom is in hospital 'overnight'. They haven't said why.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2011, 02:14:40 AM »
yeah, I just heard from a mate over east (about Tom). Hopefully he comes good. Didnt this happen last time? He didnt sing in Melbourne but when they got here he did (or at least, he tried to). The gig with Megadeth at Challenge I am talking about.

Quote from: fasterlouder.com.au
Slayer singer Tom Araya has been hospitalized in Sydney, forcing the band to cancel their set at Soundwave.

No details about Araya?s injury or illness have been released, but the decision to cancel was made just moments before the band was due to hit the stage at the Sydney Showgrounds.

Just before 6pm, the festival?s promoter AJ Maddah tweeted ?Tom Araya has been taken to hospital. Slayer set looking unlikely today :(? but within five minutes ?unlikely? had been upgraded to a confirmation of the band?s cancellation with Maddah confirming that Araya will be kept in hospital overnight, forcing the cancelation of the band?s set.

Araya?s unexplained illness isn?t the only medical issue for Slayer at the moment ? the metal veterans are touring with Gary Holt from the Californian heavy metal band Exodus standing in for regular Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman who is recovering from surgery on his right arm.

According to Maddah Araya ?will be OK? for Slayer?s next scheduled performance is at Soundwave in Melbourne on Saturday 4th March

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:18:40 AM by Mago_Haydz »
Mongeese like results

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2011, 02:25:29 AM »
anyway, we have a week for him to get better. Im sure he will be fine.
Mongeese like results

Offline Jamminjimbo

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2011, 05:17:55 PM »
He better be!  ???
Auschwitz,the meaning of pain.

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2011, 06:43:56 PM »
dropping like flies ... a week and all this hot weather
"Log off. That cookie shit makes me nervous!"

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2011, 03:04:14 AM »
Communicable necrotising fasciitis?

Offline Trolld

• WF Colonel
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 02, 2011, 08:59:42 PM »
The Racket's Andrew Haug was facing the toughest gig of his life: telling several thousand Slayer fans that Tom Araya had fallen ill and their appearance at the Sydney Soundwave Festival had to be cancelled. The audience had been gathering before Stage 4 for most of the previous hour, giving Ill Nino a crowd they ordinarily would not have had. But when the thrash legends failed to front for their slot after almost 10 minutes, and the police moved into the crowd instead of standing well back as they had for the rest of the day, most of us knew something was up. And before Haug had even finished speaking ? he got as far as apologising for being the bearer of bad news ? bottles rained onto the stage. Disgusted and disappointed fans tore their Slayer shirts off and set them alight. A full garbage bin ended up on stage, and the hail of bottles continued for at least a quarter of an hour. Then that was it. Their frustration vented, some of them went home. Others just went to the bar to wait for Rob Zombie or Iron Maiden to come on

Typical Slayer bogans, burning Slayer shirts....... FAN FAIL!!

Offline Trolld

• WF Colonel
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 02, 2011, 09:09:04 PM »
Maybe they could've appeased the crowd by handing out free train tickets back to Mt Druitt.

I'll bet a few wives in Sydney we're beaten senseless that night.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:13:14 PM by Trolld »

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 02, 2011, 09:36:01 PM »
Communicable necrotising fasciitis?

possible...my face just fell off

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 02, 2011, 11:39:48 PM »
The Racket's Andrew Haug was facing the toughest gig of his life: telling several thousand Slayer fans that Tom Araya had fallen ill and their appearance at the Sydney Soundwave Festival had to be cancelled. The audience had been gathering before Stage 4 for most of the previous hour, giving Ill Nino a crowd they ordinarily would not have had. But when the thrash legends failed to front for their slot after almost 10 minutes, and the police moved into the crowd instead of standing well back as they had for the rest of the day, most of us knew something was up. And before Haug had even finished speaking ? he got as far as apologising for being the bearer of bad news ? bottles rained onto the stage. Disgusted and disappointed fans tore their Slayer shirts off and set them alight. A full garbage bin ended up on stage, and the hail of bottles continued for at least a quarter of an hour. Then that was it. Their frustration vented, some of them went home. Others just went to the bar to wait for Rob Zombie or Iron Maiden to come on

what a bunch of fucking idiots. Im sure Tom didnt want to go to hospital and cancel. I mean, the dude was sick. Apparently he had a severe ear infection. I know how bad that fucks you over. Also, its not like he is strumming away playing rootsy blues music; its fucking SLAYER!! Only one of the fastest bands in the world. Give the poor geriatric a break
Mongeese like results

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2011, 12:58:16 AM »
I'll bet a few wives in Sydney we're beaten senseless that night.

I lol'd
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 03, 2011, 01:14:38 AM »
Slayer fans have wives?!

Offline Trolld

• WF Colonel
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2011, 03:24:51 AM »
Ex-Wives.   AVO's.  The whole shootin match

Visit Mt Druitt, its awsum.

Offline Stormrider

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • \m/ \m/
    • View Profile
    • Riot Squad
« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2011, 03:25:48 AM »
I climbed Mt Druitt  8)

RIOT SQUAD - The New Force in THRASH
https://www.facebook.com/Riot.Squad.aus

Offline BoltZ

• WF Major
  • Bass EnforcEr
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2011, 05:59:49 AM »
Mate of mine has 2 tickets for sale; $150 each... Send me a PM if interested and i'll forward on the details

"Enforce kills everyone"
 - Lord Worm (!)

Offline Grimmy

• WF Major
  • These mountains which I heart
    • View Profile
    • RTRFM 92.1 Critical Mass
« Reply #166 on: March 03, 2011, 08:45:50 PM »

Offline Necron

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Mhorgl
« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »
$40-$50 for a shirt?
Ridicu-fucking-lous.

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2011, 10:11:25 PM »

what a bunch of fucking idiots. Im sure Tom didnt want to go to hospital and cancel. I mean, the dude was sick. Apparently he had a severe ear infection. I know how bad that fucks you over. Also, its not like he is strumming away playing rootsy blues music; its fucking SLAYER!! Only one of the fastest bands in the world. Give the poor geriatric a break

You can probably partially thank Slayer for getting them worked up. Aren't getting what you want? WWWAAAARRR EEENNNSEEEMBBLLE!!!!!! Haha. As much respect as I have for Slayer they are still a business and they didn't provide a service. They failed a contract with their customers. But these are customers who are paying to be in one the worlds most violent moshpits. They are already worked up. Imagine how worked up they'd be if the gig got cancelled! I'm not really surprised. Just lucky it didn't happen when they played in Perth for the first time. Then there would be some real trouble.

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 03, 2011, 10:59:19 PM »
Its still childish and 'bogan'/herd like behaviour that makes metalheads look bad.

However I wish bands would go into better damage control for stuff like this. Getting Andrew Haug out is a bad start  :P

Its a cop out, but if that happened and the band (or some members) come out and say 'sorry its not happening, but we'l stick around and sign autographs/take photos' etc it might quell the rage of the more 'devoted' fans perhaps?
Critical Mass RTRFM 92.1
Every Wednesday from 9pm

Offline PremierMaelstrom

• WF Colonel
  • PROGRESS
    • View Profile
    • NeXuS - just fucking metal
« Reply #170 on: March 03, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »
Protest The Hero are also playing.
Am i the only person psyched for this?
Cant wait !
It all catches up on you when you slow down ...

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 04, 2011, 12:57:28 AM »
Cant wait !

You're not the only one, I can't wait to see them, very underrated band.
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 04, 2011, 01:14:13 AM »

I think Slayer's contractual obligations would be with the event organiser...who ever reads the GCs on their tix  :hmm:

You can probably partially thank Slayer for getting them worked up. Aren't getting what you want? WWWAAAARRR EEENNNSEEEMBBLLE!!!!!! Haha. As much respect as I have for Slayer they are still a business and they didn't provide a service. They failed a contract with their customers. But these are customers who are paying to be in one the worlds most violent moshpits. They are already worked up. Imagine how worked up they'd be if the gig got cancelled! I'm not really surprised. Just lucky it didn't happen when they played in Perth for the first time. Then there would be some real trouble.

Offline Stormrider

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • \m/ \m/
    • View Profile
    • Riot Squad
« Reply #173 on: March 04, 2011, 02:28:33 AM »
Cant wait !

Yeh but they clash with Maiden :(

RIOT SQUAD - The New Force in THRASH
https://www.facebook.com/Riot.Squad.aus

Offline DevolvedEmperor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 04, 2011, 02:53:58 AM »
Cant wait !
Yeah you'd think by the fanboys in this thread it was a Maiden solo show (I couldn't give two hoots about Maiden, or one even)

Oh and stalking..errr 'meeting' them at the airport is kind of creepy (unless you're 12).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:58:42 AM by DevolvedEmperor »