Author Topic: Shellfin - Secondhand Family album release | New songs up!  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Geeks

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Defamer Myspace
Shellfin - Secondhand Family album release | New songs up!
« on: August 11, 2010, 02:01:37 PM »

Pack the bong, get comfortable and inhale the debut SHELLFIN album, "Secondhand Family"[/i], set to be released nationwide (and internet-wide) September 1st!

Two new tracks are now available for listening now on the SHELLFIN MYSPACE!

After being around for only a few years and supporting the likes of Mondo Generator (USA), Winnebago Deal (UK), Pod People (ACT), Clagg (VIC) and a plethora of local and interstate talent, SHELLFIN bring their grooving stoner rock goodness to the red-eyed masses once more!

With their EP, Stay For Tea, sold out in physical form SHELLFIN have been locked away and hard at work writing and recording their sophomore release. "Secondhand Family" boasts eight tracks of their trademark detuned, groovin' take on the cult genre from the mid nineties. SHELLFIN are happy to announce the track listing as follows:

1. The Extent of It
2. Cruzzin
3. In The Head
4. Short Spew
5. Hedgehog
6. Fleischgeist
7. Whats That Smell?
8. The Intervening Time

Recorded by MKH/Ean Redman (Astriaal, Carbon) and mastered by Jason "PC" Fuller (Bloodduster), "Secondhand Family" will be distributed nationally by Aztec Music on the 1st of September.  On this date the album will also be available online for a fee of which you nominate!  You read correct, pay us a minor fee (even nothing at all, for the cheap bastards out there) and we'll make the album available downloading ease.  Information to follow on how to do that!

For now you can enjoy two new tracks on the SHELLFIN MYSPACE.

To support the two new tracks on the MYSPACE, we've put together a clip of some of our live endeavours to the new track "Cruzzin" which can be viewed here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zi6kQB-UWA

Information on a November launch show will be coming soon!

Fans or prospective labels can contact Shellfin at shellfin[at]hotmail[dot]com or through management.
For fans of Kyuss, Monster Magnet, Fu Manchu and Unida.  Hail the almighty riff!

Be sure to add us on any of the below social networking websites to keep up to date with Shellfin happenings and that all important album release date!
FACEBOOK
MYSPACE
REVERBNATION
LAST.FM
TWITTER

Other relevant links:
Album Studio Blog
StonerRock.com Compilation Vol. 9 (Disc 2, track 7)
Shellfin Management - EP Also available for download for free!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 05:52:09 PM by Geeks »

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
Re: Shellfin - Secondhand Family album release | New songs up!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 04:26:52 PM »
In answer to song 7, that smell is Jeffrey Dahmer's apartment from hell, and it always will be.

Plagiarism!
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Geeks

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Defamer Myspace
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 07:13:28 PM »
I'll inform the lawyers, cheers for the heads up.

That song is a fictional* story about our singer picking up a really fat disgusting hooker at a truck stop, during sex she defecates on him much to his displeasure.

*so he says.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 07:24:52 PM »
I'll inform the lawyers, cheers for the heads up.

That song is a fictional* story about our singer picking up a really fat disgusting hooker at a truck stop, during sex she defecates on him much to his dis*pleasure.

*so he says.

*so he says
Mongeese like results

Offline Geeks

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Defamer Myspace
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 06:06:11 PM »
We've uploaded the 'secret track' at the end of the album as a separate track on our bandcamp site for easier access for those who like their rock a bit.....doomier.

Have a listen? Josh and I have toyed around with putting out an EP of songs all in this vein.

http://shellfin.bandcamp.com/track/of-bowels-and-breath