Author Topic: Embedding Youtube videos  (Read 3885 times)

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Embedding Youtube videos
« on: December 08, 2011, 12:15:25 AM »
Seen this on other forums and it's pretty darn useful. Half the time when people post just a link I've gotta be honest.. I don't even bother clicking on it most of the time, new window.. new website etc. Being a music website/forum - being able to embed video's, music and other clips would be pretty handy on here and probably pick discussion up some. But on the negative it'd probably clock up the monthly usage quicker would it not?

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Embedding Youtube videos
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 12:35:46 AM »
Seen this on other forums and it's pretty darn useful. Half the time when people post just a link I've gotta be honest.. I don't even bother clicking on it most of the time, new window.. new website etc. Being a music website/forum - being able to embed video's, music and other clips would be pretty handy on here and probably pick discussion up some. But on the negative it'd probably clock up the monthly usage quicker would it not?

Ive thought about this for AGES, but since the front page hasnt even been updated since October, and there are on average, about 5 posts per DAY on here (as opposed to the good old days of 20 posts per hour), I'd say its hardly worth the effort. Great idea though...  :clap:
Mongeese like results

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 05:53:11 AM »
Cheers for the suggestion, I'll have a look into it. Would have never occurred to me as I hate embedded videos, if someone posts them on facebook or something I'll just middle mouse button it to open it in a new tab so it doesn't have to clog up anything else. The only positive I guess would be seeing the thumbnail and getting an idea of what the clip is but, eh.
Unlike facebook if people post something on here there is a good chance it's pretty good so it's worth just clicking the link.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 04:13:38 PM »
unfortunately, I dont think monthly usage is an issue these days.
Mongeese like results