Author Topic: Metallica - Saturday Night vs Friday Night.  (Read 7328 times)

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
  • Invite the Darkside In....
    • View Profile
Metallica - Saturday Night vs Friday Night.
« on: October 24, 2010, 09:02:41 AM »
They (Friday) Got: That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Fade To Black
Broken, Beat And Scarred
The Four Horsemen
Sad But True
The Unforgiven
All Nightmare Long
One
Master Of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Breadfan(Budgie cover)
Hit The Lights
Seek & Destroy

We (Saturday Night) got: fuck all.  Here's what they DIDN'T play. Battery, Blackened, FADE TO BLACK (WTF), Fuel, Creeping Death, Bell Tolls, Unforgiven, Four Horseman, Motorbreath, Hit the Lights, Frayed ends of sanity, Memory Remains, Leper Messiah, Welcome Home (Sanitarium),Damage Inc., King Nothing, Astronomy, Turn the Page, Am i Evil, Broken, Beat and Scarred, Of Wolf and Man, Don't Tread on Me, Shortest Straw..etc, etc, ...... Orion was amazing, so was, Fight Fire with Fire, Whiplash,One and Harvester. That was it.

Fuck those American fucks.  Maiden would never do that to their fans....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 09:04:14 AM by Archangel »
Conquest is made from the ashes of ones enemies...

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
Re: Metallica - Saturday Night vs Friday Night.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 09:18:13 AM »
I get the idea of them playing two different sets, and it could be a real cool idea, if it was advertised as such.

If Maiden was to do that, and advertised it as such, I'd be at both shows, no questions asked.

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Original Sin Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 10:35:46 AM »
The End Of The Line
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Fade To Black
Broken, Beat And Scarred
The Four Horsemen
Sad But True
The Unforgiven
All Nightmare Long
One
Master Of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Breadfan(Budgie cover)
Hit The Lights
Seek & Destroy

We (Saturday Night) got: fuck all.  Here's what they DIDN'T play. Battery, Blackened, FADE TO BLACK (WTF), Fuel, Creeping Death, Bell Tolls, Unforgiven, Four Horseman, Motorbreath, Hit the Lights, Frayed ends of sanity, Memory Remains, Leper Messiah, Welcome Home (Sanitarium),Damage Inc., King Nothing, Astronomy, Turn the Page, Am i Evil, Broken, Beat and Scarred, Of Wolf and Man, Don't Tread on Me, Shortest Straw..etc, etc, ...... Orion was amazing, so was, Fight Fire with Fire, Whiplash,One and Harvester. That was it.

Looks like you picked the wrong night my friend  :laugh:

Seriously though, I probably woulda gone to the Satdee night show just to hear Orion alone... NEVER thought they'd play that!

Offline Oiseau

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 11:02:50 AM »
The End Of The Line
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Fade To Black
Broken, Beat And Scarred
The Four Horsemen
Sad But True
The Unforgiven
All Nightmare Long
One
Master Of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Breadfan(Budgie cover)
Hit The Lights
Seek & Destroy

Cheer up. You got to see the band you like play live. Stop bitching about it. If you want to her every Metallica song you've ever liked, listen to the CD's.
I ate one anchovy. And that is why i did not eat two anchovies.

Offline World Maggot

• WF Major
  • beneath a sky of maggots i slept
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 04:27:40 PM »

Wow. Really? You got to see Harvester, Whiplash, Fight Fire With Fire and motherfucking Orion! And you're complaining about not seeing shit like Memory Remains and Broken Beat and Scarred?

Do you think they play Fade to Black at every show or something?

I really can't figure out if you're joking.
the ultimate frostage desire snowflurry drifts these plains...

Offline World Maggot

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 04:33:07 PM »

And the last Maiden tour was a special one dedicated to the early albums, an awesome experience, but with a new album out we'll just have to wait and see what they "do to their fans" when they play next year.

Offline World Maggot

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 04:38:22 PM »
Holy shit. I just looked at the set list - Disposable Heroes! I easily would've rathered your setlist!

You cunt, you absolute cunt.

I can't believe Metallica did this to me.

Offline The_Devil

• WF Lieutenant
  • Who's your Daddy?
    • View Profile
    • The Devil Rides Out
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 06:17:22 PM »
I was very happy with Bells Tolls + Blackened on Friday but Harvester + Disposable + Orion + Fight Fire = Saturday wins.

Offline SchizoDeluxe

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Perth Metal Meetup group
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 07:03:09 PM »
Instead of complaining about what they didn't play how about looking at what they did play? Blackened, Hit The Lights, All Nightmare Long, Bellz, Fade It was still an amazing setlist, there will always be songs they won't play on the night, they just can't play them all. Which is why they change the setlist on EVERY SINGLE SHOW. Not just on double nights but on every show. They played Battery in Melbourne, God that Failed in Brisbane, Ride The Lightning in Sydney the list goes on. Fuck Maiden, Metallica do it fucking right.

Offline METAL_STEVE

• WF Colonel
  • Over worked and under fucked
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 07:20:18 PM »
....and for only $AU10 you can download your "preferred" show or any show for that matter, which is a friggin excellent deal.

Offline Archangel

• WF Major
  • Invite the Darkside In....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 07:23:23 PM »
Yeah, there was good shit both nights. It was a fucking top gig. After hearing about friday all day long, i guess i was amped for old school classics.  Fuckin aye i expect them to play Fade to Black every gig.  You ever heard of a metal track meaning so much to so many people?  Except for maybe "Hearts on Fire" by Hammerfall  ;)
Conquest is made from the ashes of ones enemies...

Offline Khariot_G

• WF Colonel
  • Six-Stringer, Doom Bringer
    • View Profile
    • Khariot
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 07:53:08 PM »
dudes. i cant believe anyone would actually have complaints. i was at last nights show and i thought them throwing in those rarely played live songs fucking RULED!

im counting in all the shit they played at BDO. which did include Fade To Black, Creeping Death, Blackened...
i want them to take Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters outta their setlist!

i say it again... ORION. THROUGH THE NEVER. FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE. HARVESTER. NO LEAF CLOVER.  :cunning:  :headbang:

neway, could someone help me fix up the setlist... im not sure if its in order...
METALLICA
Setlist 23102010

That was just your life
Cyanide
Harvester of sorrow
Through the never
My apocalypse
One
No leaf clover
Orion
Sad but true
The day that never comes
Master of puppets
Fight fire with fire
Nothing else matters
Enter sandman
Stone cold crazy
Whiplash
Seek and destroy

Offline Lonesome Crow

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 08:06:52 PM »
I still say Exodus should of tagged along! Them boys deserve to be on the big stage,however they did get 200 of Perth's maddest metal fans turn up at the Amplifier bar a few weeks back! And it did feel like I had Exodus all to myself! Metallica & Exodus,both as gifted,both performed beyond expectations,yet a huge contrast in venue and attendance! Long live all Metal!

Offline Khariot_G

• WF Colonel
  • Six-Stringer, Doom Bringer
    • View Profile
    • Khariot
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 08:13:26 PM »
oh, i just checked the other thread and METALSTEVE already posted the setlist. NICE ONE dude  :headbang:
and i forgot DISPOSABLE HEROES.
LONG LIVE METALLICA!!!!!!!!  :headbang:

Offline ChuckBilly

• WF Colonel
  • They set him up, he'll bring them down
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 08:41:51 PM »
Yeah what the fuck, shut up cunt. I went friday...i'd MUCH prefer saturday's setlist. Orion??Harvester??Disposable?? Whiplash?? also Breadfan wtf was that shit.

Fuck me their new songs were pretty shit live too, and to open with two of them?? Sigh, atleast they were able to work out the shit sound during those first songs I guess.

That being said I knew their 2nd setlist would have more old school/less played songs, but it was still a good gig friday! (four horsemen was great)
Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 12:00:17 AM »
First night AMAZING!!! Second Night there is no words to explain how fucking good it was. Orion, Disposable Heroes, Through The Never Fight Fire with Fire  plus everything else :drool: to good. Fantastic weekend  :headbang:

Offline Keg

• WF Lieutenant
  • CDT - Bass
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 12:39:15 AM »
Brisbane 16/10 Setlist

Ecstasy
That was just your Life
End of the line
Bells
Fuel
Kirk doodle
Unforgiven
Broken beat scared
Leper Messiah
Sad but true
Bass doodle
Turn the page
All Nightmare Long
One
Puppets
Blackened
Kirk solo
Nothing else matters
Sandman
Encore; Am I Evil
Whiplash
Seek and destroy

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 01:28:14 AM »
Metallica has always played a pretty standard setlist of "classics" on the first night of every city they play, then the 2nd, 3rd or 4th show it's always changed. For those who did spend PLENTY of money to see them more than once on this tour, I think it would be absolutely wrong for the band to play the same set every single night just like most other bands do these days...AC/DC *cough cough*

Not to mention I'm sure Metallica would get sick of playing the same songs over and over again across three years of touring.

And some of those songs you have listed there Simon, they will NEVER play live. Well not for us anyway, if they do, they will do it for fans in places like Europe, just because they are the lucky fuckers...they got the 20th anniversary tour of Puppets and then of course they got the Big 4. It's just the way it works.

When I saw the setlist for last night, I nearly jizzed my pants. I would have rathered to see a couple of songs from Saturday night be played on Friday but what can you do. The only thing that matters is that 45,000 fucking people got to witness the humongous metal machine that is Metallica in Perth, and I'm proud to be a part of it all.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:33:39 AM by BaileyHorizon »

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 01:53:45 AM »
Everyone I spoke to that saw them on both nights reckoned Saturday was the clear winner. I went on Saturday and I was so glad - fucking awesome set. I had sculled down a few beers and I was busting for a piss and thought there will surely be a balladly song or bit of a lull for me to nip out and it just wasn't coming. I had to wait for Nothing Else Matters to rush out.

I knew this tour would have been a perfect time to see them as they always play some of the old classics, plus the new album is good anyway, so was always going to be a good mix.

Relooking over the set list for Friday it seems not bad either, I'd say both are fairly even but I'd still prefer the Saturday list. ;D

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 02:58:49 AM »
I ddin't know they played different set lists every night they played. That's actually pretty cool.

Metallica will always divide metalheads these days. On one hand it's cool that they play different songs, but it would be nice if they focused on getting those songs a little tighter.

Offline Keg

• WF Lieutenant
  • CDT - Bass
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 05:51:18 AM »
I ddin't know they played different set lists every night they played. That's actually pretty cool.

Metallica will always divide metalheads these days. On one hand it's cool that they play different songs, but it would be nice if they focused on getting those songs a little tighter.

Are you joking dude ?? James and Hammets playing was super fucking tight like a nun almost.

Offline schist

• Oinahman
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 05:59:31 AM »

Are you joking dude ?? James and Hammets playing was super fucking tight like a nun almost.

But what about Lars?  8)

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2010, 07:29:30 AM »

But what about Lars?  8)

He was who I was talking about. The guitar playing was super tight for most of it.

Offline EvilElvis

• WF Colonel
  • 1000% Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
    • Psychonaut
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 12:59:40 AM »
I can't believe Metallica didn't play Hangar 18  >:(

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 01:17:33 AM »
I can't believe Metallica didn't play Hangar 18  >:(

or Hunger
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com