Author Topic: PATHOGEN FAREWELL/SOVEREIGN STUDIOS 2CD Launch - Amplifier & Capitol - 2nd Jan  (Read 10333 times)

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Sovereign Studios Website

With a career spanning over a decade and a half, a household name in melodic metal will be laid to rest on January 2nd 2011 with one huge final show in their hometown of Perth, Western Australia.

For this momentous occasion, an all-star lineup of the best talent Pathogen has had to offer over the years will reunite purely for this final show.  With long time key member Dave Sandstrom on bass, Cain Cressal (Malignant Monster) on vocals, Jarrod Curley (Malignant Monster) on guitar and international touring drummer Louis Rando (The Furor, Nervercell, Mhorgl) once again on drums, this is certain to be the most powerful show the band has ever delivered.

To commemorate the bands finale, Pathogen will release a final video clip, featuring the classic lineup, in time for xmas 2010.  The video is Directed by Ben Berkhout from Benja-Mind Images & produced by Peter T. Clarke of Frogmore Road Productions.  In the meantime you can download the new single 'Severed & Frayed' featuring Cain Cressall on vocals at www.pathogen.com.au

The show will also mark the release of the Sovereign Studios Sampler Vol II.  A 2CD compilation of 34 heavy artists from Australia and overseas.  For more information visit www.sovstudios.com

Coming a long way to co-headline this special event are Brisbane?s finest new export, Dead Letter Opener. Their debut album Lumen is earning them massive acclaim over east and now it?s time for Perth audiences to experience their special blend of Opeth-meets-Devin-inspired-death-prog.   

Also with local support from the finest metal talent the west-coast has to offer...Chaos Divine, Malignant Monster, Vespers Descent, Mhorgl, I Am Eternal & Befallen

Quicklinks:
Sovereign Studios ? www.sovstudios.com
Pathogen Website ? www.pathogen.com.au
Pathogen Facebook (NEW) ? www.facebook.com/pathogenofficial
Pathogen Myspace ? www.myspace.com/pathogen
Pathogen YouTube ? www.youtube.com/pathogenofficial
Dead Letter Opener Website ? www.deadletteropener.com
Dead Letter Opener Myspace ? www.myspace.com/deadletteropener
Dead Letter Opener YouTube ? www.youtube.com/deadletteropener
Chaso Divine  ? www.myspace.com/chaosisdivine
Malignant Monster ? www.myspace.com/malignantmonster
Vespers Descent ? www.myspace.com/vespersdescent
Mhorgl ? www.myspace.com/mhorgl
I Am Eternal ? www.myspace.com/iameternalau
Befallen ? www.myspace.com/befallenofficial

Pre-Sale Tickets....$18.....

Sovereign CD...$10....

SPECIAL OFFER....Ticket & CD Package....$25....

- Tickets can be purchased up until midnight the day before the show (1/1/11)
- Tickets purchased within 7 days of the event will be held for collection at venue
- Contact Sovereign for futher ticketing queries www.sovstudios.com

The Sovereign Studios Sampler Volume II will be in available exclusively from 78 Records this Fri 24th Dec....

This year give her the gift of Metal....Order now in time for Xmas....Purchase online for $10...

DISC 1

1.    PATHOGEN - Severed & Frayed
2.    ATVENA'S WAKE - In The Absense Of The Dreamwalkers
3.    I AM ETERNAL - Reside In The Ruins
4.    DEAD LETTER OPENER (qld) - Til Death Arrives             
5.    KILLBURN (denmark) - S.T.F.U.A.D.             
6.    THE FUROR - Hammers of Masters
7.    MALIGNANT MONSTER - Thrive In The Dark
8.    BEFALLEN - S-21
9.    INFAMY (indonesia) - Silent Farewell
10.  THE ASCENT - A Match Made In Hell
11.  ILL VISION - Visions Of A Worse Tomorrow
12.  SHRAPNEL - Trample The Alter
13.  MHORGL - Essence Of Evil
14.  FOOL THE WORLD - Head Of The Gorgon
15.  DOGS OF WAR - Lions

DISC 2

1.    BREAK EVEN - A Long Drive Home
2.    MERCURIAL - Inertia Tides
3.    BUZZ KILL VAMPS - Suede
4.    AS ISLANDS DIVIDE - Alone, No Hope
5.    USURPER KING - My Demise
6.    AS WE FALL - Tea And Timtams
7.    DROPBEARS - Scotty Vee
8.    AVEIRA SKIES - Carrier
9.    ARTURO CHAOS - Electromechanical
10.  INTO THE SEA - Gimmie Hell
11.  ARKAIC RIVAL - Temptation
12.  CURSED WITH THIS NIGHTMARE - Eight Seasons Behind Us
13.  IT ALL ENDS HERE - One Foot In The Grave
14.  VENGEANCE - Still Breathing
15.  CAPRYCON - Empty
16.  VALHALLA NIGHTS - Bad Habit
17.  SEER CYA - Don't Make A Sound
18.  BURNING FICTION - How Many Times
19.  BAPTISTE ft UNSIE - Blowing Clouds

All songs mixed at Sovereign Studios between 2007 - 2010

This compilation is dedicated to the memory of Rowan Willoughby RIP

Pathogen 'Severed & Frayed' video shoot Day 1 -  Images courtesy of Frogmore Road Productions..

Pathogen Website - www.pathogen.com.au

Sovereign Studios Website - www.sovstudios.com

« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:47:11 AM by Sovereign »

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
Wow the day hath finally come, huh?  Gonna be a big night, I will be there for sure. 

Offline METAL_STEVE

• WF Colonel
  • Over worked and under fucked
    • View Profile
Dunno if anyone likes metalfests but..

Nah, not on here  :yay:

Offline metalhawk

• WF Colonel
  • ...never too old to headbang!!!
    • View Profile
    • enforce homepage
Sunday?

Offline Trolld

• WF Colonel
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
If everything is spelled correctly this CD should make some inroads ;)

Offline blaaah

• WF Colonel
  • :)
    • View Profile
Sunday?

new years day is saturday, so the public holiday will carry over to the monday

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile

You guys gotta get over this thing.  I noticed that Kataclysm has a misspelling on their album "Into the arms of Devastation" where the spine it is spelt "DevEstation", and if an international touring band with a label and expensive artwork can let something slip through without fixing it, it clearly shows that a spelling error is of no major moment.

Offline Trolld

• WF Colonel
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
Oh yeah for sure...
I'd prefer Opertation over Operation anyways... in fact I'd be disappointed if there would be no Opertation II.

Its a lot harder to type in a facetious manner than to talk it.

Offline IFRC

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile

You guys gotta get over this thing.  I noticed that Kataklysm has a misspelling on their album "In the arms of Devastation" where the spine it is spelt "DevEstation", and if an international touring band with a label and expensive artwork can let something slip through without fixing it, it clearly shows that a spelling error is of no major moment.

Fix'd   ;D

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
Bloody illiterates.

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Has Chaos Divine recorded anything at Sovereign Studios?

Got a tracklisting of the sampler?

Offline Stringer

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
nup

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
Nope, Chaos Divine have never recorded anything at Sovereign.  I was a bit more relaxed with the billing this time round considering the gig is primarily the Pathogen farewell show.  Vespers Descent also aren't on the CD but i'm still super stoked to have them and Chaos Divine on the bill.

CD tracklisting is not 100% confirmed but will contain over 30 bands on a 2-disc CD set available at the launch for $10. Copied of Volume 1 will be available for $5.  All songs were mixed at Sovereign Studios within the last 3 years.

Bands include:
Pathogen, Dead Letter Opener (qld),  Malignant Monster, Atvena?s Wake, Fool The World, I Am Eternal, Killburn (den),  The Furor, Mhorgl, Shrapnel, Infamy (indo), Ill Vision, Mercurial, Befallen, The Ascent, Caprycon, Dogs of War, Vengeance, Into The Sea,  Arturo Chaos, As Islands Divide, We Need A Hero, What?s Left, As We Fall, Aveira Skies, Cursed With This Nightmare, Arkaic Rival, Burning Fiction, Something More, Valhalla Nights,  Break Even + more...

Updated Sovereign discography can be found at  www.sovstudios.com/disco.html  represents over 10 years work

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:59:53 PM by Sovereign »

Offline Teeman

• WF Colonel
  • Open Your Eyes
    • View Profile
*squints* Louis drums for Pathogen? Huh, never noticed.

Pretty nice line up, can't go wrong for only $18!
[Psychonaut] Sounds like Black Sabbath having rough sex with NWOBHM while 'early' Slayer jerks off in the corner  :cunning:

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
I think $18 is too little to pay for so many bands.

But I respect you telling everyone before the show.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
Thank you.  This show isn't about profit at all, just looking to throw a massive metalfest to honour the passing of a band that meant too much to me for too long.  If this show goes well then quality venues will be more likely to take these kind of things on, paving the way for other big mosh-a-thons in the future.  This kinda thing happens once in a blue moon so I invite all of you to come down and have a final headbang with us and show the industry just how strong the metal movement is.  With tickets $18 the gig is priced to sell and it's the perfect solution for those who blow all their $$ on New Years and want to finish the long weekend with some top shelf live metal.  Fuck Southbound next year, this is where the real music's at..

As some of you have noticed, the Pathogen lineup consists of a cast put together especially for this farewell show.  It not only features the most talented musicians the band has ever had, but also the closest friends i've ever had the pleasure of performing with.  We've commenced rehearsals and i can confidently say there is no way this won't be the finest Pathogen performance ever, with a stage production indicative of a band with a rich 15 year history.  The chemistry within the band is best it's ever been and we're working hard to ensure we provide the ultimate Pat Hogen experience.  Having said all this if Pathogen isn't your thing then there are plenty of other great bands on the bill.  You're bound to see something you like so come down and show support for local metal.

So in summary...Pathogen is:
Cain Cressal - Malignant Monster (member 2002-2004, 2006-2008)
Louis Rando - The Furor, Nervecell, Mhorgl (member 2000-2005)
Jarrod Curley - Malignant Monster (member 2009 - present)
Dave Sandstrom - (member 1996-2008)
Aidan Barton - (member 1995 - present)

Here's a couple of photos from Day 1 of the 'Severed & Frayed' video shoot - New video online 10th Dec 2010

I also promise this CD will be devoyd of any spelling mistakes  ;D

Sorry for the essay but i've put too much work into this gig to not push it with everything i got  ;)

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 01:12:01 PM by Sovereign »

Offline Manny

• WF Colonel
  • Heavy Metal is the Law
    • View Profile
    • EVOLUTION MACHINE
Hey Aidan,

1) Why the break-up?
2) Are you going to do another band?
3) When is the comeback show?
Evolution Machine                      Noisy Pixels Photography

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Mad Pat lineup, would be stoked to head down for the final show.

Offline blaaah

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Fuck Southbound next year, this is where the real music's at..

im sorry....but lol

pathogen > slayer and iron maiden

:P

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile

im sorry....but lol

I think you're thinking he was meaning Soundwave; not Southbound (aka hippy camping fest)
Mongeese like results

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
We are laying in new tracks at the moment, doing pre-production recording at Dan "FluffyBunny" Grainger's home studio. 

When we are ready to do the proper studio recording, we have been thinking of booking time with Soveriegn this time around.  How hard is it to book you Aidan?

Offline blaaah

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile

im sorry....but lol

I think you're thinking he was meaning Soundwave; not Southbound (aka hippy camping fest)

haha yeah, my bad, thought it was a bit pretentious to be comparing themselves with soundwave, really should read better

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
Hiya Manny,

1) Essentially I'm giving up Pathogen to focus more on work.  I know it may sound like a  cop-out but running a full-time business and playing in a semi-professional band demands a huge amount of time.  My studio business is prospering and I simply cannot devote the energy needed to keep both causes afloat.  Pathogen achieved more than I thought it would and now I feel ready to let it go.  15 years is long enough for a band that only released 1 LP, 1 EP & a couple of demos.

2) No, I don't plan to play in any other bands.  I'm looking forward to taking a break from the band scene and concentrating more on metal producing & live mixing.  I'll no doubt be itching to play after a while so anything is possible but I can't see it happening in the near future.

3) The Pathogen reunion/comeback show is slated for early 2025, no joke.  :headbang:

We are laying in new tracks at the moment, doing pre-production recording at Dan "FluffyBunny" Grainger's home studio.  

When we are ready to do the proper studio recording, we have been thinking of booking time with Soveriegn this time around.  How hard is it to book you Aidan?

Hey Jez, it's not too hard to book me at all.  At this stage I'm booked solid until mid January but relatively free after that.  I'll do a Demo or Single for pretty much anyone but booking in for an EP or LP requires some level of pre-production or at least prior discussion between myself and the artist.

Lately I've been doing a lot more mixdowns, where the band records the tracks elsewhere and then comes to me for mixing & mastering.  This is probably the most cost effective way to get good results but the tracks do have to be recorded well.

Basically I can tailor any package to suit the needs of the artist.  Hit me up if you ever wanna discuss this further.  Happy to answer any other studio related questions anyone might have. :)

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:56:58 AM by Sovereign »

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile

Dunno if anyone likes metalfests but..

I FUCKIN HATE METAL FESTS. >:( >:( >:( >:(.

Hahahaha. Just pullin Your tit mate. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 06:18:42 AM by Nosaj »

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
Hey Jez, it's not too hard to book me at all.  At this stage I'm booked solid until mid January but relatively free after that.  I'll do a Demo or Single for pretty much anyone but booking in for an EP or LP requires some level of pre-production or at least prior discussion between myself and the artist.

Lately I've been doing a lot more mixdowns, where the band records the tracks elsewhere and then comes to me for mixing & mastering.  This is probably the most cost effective way to get good results but the tracks do have to be recorded well.

Basically I can tailor any package to suit the needs of the artist.  Hit me up if you ever wanna discuss this further.  Happy to answer any other studio related questions anyone might have. :)

Thanks for that.  Will talk it through with the boys and get back to you.