Author Topic: PATHOGEN FAREWELL/SOVEREIGN STUDIOS 2CD Launch - Amplifier & Capitol - 2nd Jan  (Read 10334 times)

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Sovereign Studios Website

Some more photos from the Pathogen video shoot:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:28:37 PM by Sovereign »

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
The Sovereign Studios Sampler Volume II will be in available exclusively from 78 Records this Fri 24th Dec     OR      Pre-order online and receive in time for xmas

Purchase with PayPal or Credit Card.....ONLY $10....

....This year give her the gift of Metal....

DISC 1

1.    PATHOGEN - Severed & Frayed
2.    ATVENA'S WAKE - In The Absense Of The Dreamwalkers
3.    I AM ETERNAL - Reside In The Ruins
4.    DEAD LETTER OPENER (qld) - Til Death Arrives            
5.    KILLBURN (denmark) - S.T.F.U.A.D.            
6.    THE FUROR - Hammers of Masters
7.    MALIGNANT MONSTER - Thrive In The Dark
8.    BEFALLEN - S-21
9.    INFAMY (indonesia) - Silent Farewell
10.  THE ASCENT - A Match Made In Hell
11.  ILL VISION - Visions Of A Worse Tomorrow
12.  SHRAPNEL - Trample The Alter
13.  MHORGL - Essence Of Evil
14.  FOOL THE WORLD - Head Of The Gorgon
15.  DOGS OF WAR - Lions

DISC 2

1.    BREAK EVEN - A Long Drive Home
2.    MERCURIAL - Inertia Tides
3.    BUZZ KILL VAMPS - Suede
4.    AS ISLANDS DIVIDE - Alone, No Hope
5.    USURPER KING - My Demise
6.    AS WE FALL - Tea And Timtams
7.    DROPBEARS - Scotty Vee
8.    AVEIRA SKIES - Carrier
9.    ARTURO CHAOS - Electromechanical
10.  INTO THE SEA - Gimmie Hell
11.  ARKAIC RIVAL - Temptation
12.  CURSED WITH THIS NIGHTMARE - Eight Seasons Behind Us
13.  IT ALL ENDS HERE - One Foot In The Grave
14.  VENGEANCE - Still Breathing
15.  CAPRYCON - Empty
16.  VALHALLA NIGHTS - Bad Habit
17.  SEER CYA - Don't Make A Sound
18.  BURNING FICTION - How Many Times
19.  BAPTISTE ft UNSIE - Blowing Clouds

All songs mixed at Sovereign Studios between 2007 - 2010

Artwork by James Mhorgl Campbell

This compilation is dedicated to the memory of Rowan Willoughby RIP

Sovereign Studios Website - www.sovstudios.com

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:38:53 AM by Sovereign »

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
Tickets are selling fast.  Big thanks to those travelling interstate to attend this show.  Take advantage of our special Ticket & CD Package for the best
value you will find...

Pre-Sale Tickets....$18.....

Sovereign CD...$10....

SPECIAL OFFER....Ticket & CD Package....$25....

- Tickets can be purchased up until midnight the day before the show (1/1/11)
- Tickets purchased within 7 days of the event will be held for collection at venue
- Contact Sovereign for futher ticketing queries www.sovstudios.com

DJ Dave Harrison will be spinning discs on the night...

Look out for Pathogen feature in this weeks Xpress & Drum Media...

Massive photo collection spanning 15 years just added on our Brand New Pathogen Facebook Page... www.facebook.com/pathogenofficial

Our new video will be launched during the week....In the meantime check out the single Severed & Frayed feat Cain Cressall on vocals...
www.pathogen.com.au - www.myspace.com/pathogen - www.reverbnation.com/pathogen - www.youtube.com/pathogenofficial

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:06:41 PM by Sovereign »

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile

NEW VIDEO ONLINE NOW - www.youtube.com/pathogenofficial

« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 12:01:26 AM by Sovereign »

Offline Stringer

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
this is the best way to start the year in terms of local talent! should be a fucking sick night! get there early!  :headbang: *shameless befallen plug*

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
Playing Times:

Amplifier - BEFALLEN - 8:20 to 8:50
Capitol - I AM ETERNAL - 8:50 to 9:20
Amplifier - MHORGL - 9:20 to 9:50
Capitol - VESPERS DESCENT - 9:50 to 10:20
Amplifier - MALIGNANT MONSTER - 10:20 to 10:50
Capitol - CHAOS DIVINE - 10:50 to 11:20
Amplifier - DEAD LETTER OPENER - 11:20 to 11:50
Capitol - PATHOGEN - 11:50 to 12:50

Definitely get there early... Many of you might not be too familiar with the two opening bands (I Am Eternal & Befallen) but they play some high-quality brutal metal.  At least check out their latest tracks at the NEW Sovereign Studios Facebook Page - NEW Sovereign Facebook Page

« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:16:25 AM by Sovereign »

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile

Official Press Release 28/12/10   -  View full version here... www.sovstudios.com/press

"Cheers to all of you who have supported us over the years, it's been a wild ride and none of it could've happened without the surprisingly strong support from an army of loyal fans."  - View official Pathogen breakup statement here www.pathogen.com.au/rip

With a career spanning over a decade and a half...With thousands of loyal fans all over the globe...After touring sold-out shows with metal greats Children of Bodom and sharing the stage with Lamb of God, Opeth, Fear Factorty and countless others...A household name in melodic metal will be laid to rest on January 2nd 2011 with one huge final show in their hometown of Perth, Western Australia.

For this momentous occasion, an all-star lineup of the best talent PATHOGEN has had to offer over the years will reunite purely for this final show.  With long time key member Dave Sandstrom on bass, Cain Cressall (Malignant Monster) on vocals, Jarrod Curley (Malignant Monster) on guitar and international touring drummer Louis Rando (The Furor, Nervercell, Mhorgl) once again on drums, this is certain to be the most powerful show the band has ever delivered.

To commemorate the bands passing, Pathogen  have released a new video clip for their final single ?Severed  Frayed?.  Featuring the classic lineup, this video can be viewed on the bands YouTube page  www.youtube.com/pathogenofficial   

The show will also mark the release of Volume II in the series of Sovereign Studios Samplers.  This 2CD compilation contains over 30 artists from Australia and overseas.  All songs mixed by award nominated engineer/producer Aidan Barton between 2007-2010.  The 2-stage launch for Volume 1 in the series saw close to 1,000 show up in support.  Expect this to be a big night.  For more information visit www.sovstudios.com

Coming a long way to co-headline this special event are Brisbane?s finest new export, DEAD LETTER OPENER. Their debut album Lumen is earning them massive acclaim over east and now it?s time for Perth audiences to experience their special blend of Opeth-meets-Devin-inspired-death-prog - www.deadletteropener.com

Making big waves across the nation since winning ?Best Band? at the 2009 Australian Heavy Metal Awards are local lads CHAOS DIVINE.  With their new album mixed by Jens Bogren (Opeth, Soilwork, Katatonia) due early 2011 you will be sure to hear a lot more from them real soon  - www.myspace.com/chaosisdivine

Fast becoming one of the most acclaimed metal acts around are MALIGNANT MONSTER , who will bring their sickening brand of blackened death metal to the party. Also features several members of Pathogen - www.myspace.com/malignantmonster

Melodic Death Metal veterans VESPERS DESCENT have churned out several successful releases and still manage to be top of their game.  Be sure to check out their new tracks - www.myspace.com/vespersdescent

With their latest album 'Antinomian' receiving rave reveiws around the globe, MHORGL deliver the relentless battery and violence of Black Metal combined with unusual song structure, harmonies and explosive lead guitar - www.myspace.com/mhorgl

I AM ETERNAL are a new cutting edge act, these guys might be young but they can shred it with the best of them.  Their forthcoming debut  is sure to create major inroads for this very talented new band.  For fans of Job For A Cowboy & The Black Dahlia Murder - www.myspace.com/iameternalau

Epic Death Metal newcomers BEFALLEN blew audiences away at their debut performance last month.  Check out their tracks online and get down early to see one of their rare performances  - www.myspace.com/befallenofficial 

Quicklinks:
Sovereign Studios ? www.sovstudios.com
SovereignFacebook (NEW) - www.facebook.com/sovereignstudios
Pathogen Website ? www.pathogen.com.au
Pathogen YouTube (NEW VIDEO ONLINE)  ? www.youtube.com/pathogenofficial
Pathogen Facebook (NEW) ? www.facebook.com/pathogenofficial
Pathogen Myspace ? www.myspace.com/pathogen
Dead Letter Opener Website ? www.deadletteropener.com
Dead Letter Opener Myspace ? www.myspace.com/deadletteropener
Dead Letter Opener YouTube ? www.youtube.com/deadletteropener
Chaos Divine  ? www.myspace.com/chaosisdivine
Malignant Monster ? www.myspace.com/malignantmonster
Vespers Descent ? www.myspace.com/vespersdescent
Mhorgl ? www.myspace.com/mhorgl
I Am Eternal ? www.myspace.com/iameternalau
Befallen ? www.myspace.com/befallenofficial

Offline Stringer

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
This show should fucking PWN!  :headbang:

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile

Tix will be available at the door for this mother-of-all-metalfests....Hope to see you there     :headbang:

Offline littlewing

• WF Major
  • Trease, have a cone and shut the fuck up
    • View Profile
Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :headbang: :headbang:
Quick! Make a sound like a dying giraffe!

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
Thanks to all who came down for last nights show.  :headbang:   That turnout was fucking mad wouldn't you agree?

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
It was.

Offline Stringer

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
gig fuckin pwnt! cheers to every one who came early to check us out as well! couldnt of axed for a better turn out! :headbang:

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
Was definitely a night I will remember forever.  Best vibe I've come across at a metal gig for many years.

At the last metalfest I attended I saw the east-coast headliner play to about 50 people.  At this show EVERY band played to a packed room right from start to finish.  People were there for the bands...Not there to be scene...So good to see...My faith in Perth metal has been rekindled...

Massive cheers to all who came down, couldn't have asked for a better sendoff.... :clap:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 05:38:44 PM by Sovereign »

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
absolute cracker gig...good turnout, no dramas..good qual cds too
"Log off. That cookie shit makes me nervous!"

Offline HairyDogTrumpet

• WF Private
  • fuck you cunt
    • View Profile
    • fucking myspace
Fucking epic

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
I might be a bit off the mark here, but bear with me....

I was under the impression that it was Dyson's promotional network and label knowhow that placed Pathogen in so many big international support slots and made them rise to greater heights than they had managed in the decade before him.  I was also under the impression that he did all this for the band during the years he was a member, and it seems to me to be a little unfair that he - of all the guitarists Pathogen have gone through over the years - was not shown thanks for such a big contribution by being included in the final Pathogen show. 

If he chose not to play the show, that is a different kettle of fish than if he was never offered, the facts are not at my disposal here.  But I have to assume from Aidan's statement that the Musos who played that final gig were hand chosen by him that Dyson was not offered the slot.  Those who make shit happen behind the scenes are worth ten times that of those who stand on the stage, and when they are also contributing musicians they should be given every bit of respect possible.  If I were Dyson I would feel disrespected as Hell, dark as fuck, and I would regret anything I had done for the band. 

But that's just me.  That said, I hope that when Claim the Throne eventually call it quits and they have a final gig that they show him more respect than Pathogen have, certainly WE would have. 

Offline ded

• WF Colonel
  • Flopsy The Cunt Faced Boy
    • View Profile
Would he really give a fuck?  Has he really lost out?
You know one thing I'll never understand about you.  No matter how many times I kick you in the teeth, smack you with the manhole cover, throw hot water in your face, pour molten glass in your rectum.....you'll always come back for more.

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
No, not really.  But there is a principle here, y'know?

Anyway, I have since been reliably informed that Dyson definately did NOT want to do the show, so the point is moot.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
I might be a bit off the mark here, but bear with me....

No!
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Mr Soundworks

• WF Private
    • View Profile
Hahaha...Jez...that's awesome!.....however, i hope that our, now national metalfest, that the Pathogen guy mentioned can reach the same vertigo inducing heights...we can only hope...

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
yeah whatever happened with that there...it was a great night...looking forward to Friday  :headbang:
"Log off. That cookie shit makes me nervous!"