Author Topic: Wikileaks - Journalistic Hero or International Terrorist?  (Read 13418 times)

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
  • Pissing through the Ring of Fire \m/
    • View Profile
Re: Wikileaks - Journalistic Hero or International Terrorist?
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 01:33:43 AM »
I can't decide. I think he's probably being persecuted unfairly at the moment, not that he doesn't deserve some legal ramifications for what he has done, but these rape charges seem slightly dodgy. Most of the information he's released is fine but some of it could seriously put people at risk. I think he needs a independent organization reviewing his releases to make sure he's only releasing embarrassing information and not information that endangers peoples, particularly troops, lives. Either that or he needs to be held personally responsible for any deaths that occur as a result of the information he's released, although in many cases this would be hard to prove. Also the leak in the us military should go to military prison for like 30 years.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/aug/01/julian-assange-wikileaks-afghanistan

apparently the site leaked a story on corruption in kenya by the incumbent right before their presidential election. Country then turns into a shitstorm and 1300 people die. Is he responsible considering any decent newspaper with the same information would have also released it?
...and on the other a soldier with a bullet wound in his lower belly and his sphincter shot away so that his faeces are leaking out. The smell of excrement mingles with that of the scorching flesh of the corpses being burned in the distance.

Offline ded

• WF Colonel
  • Flopsy The Cunt Faced Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 01:59:17 AM »
Dear Mr Orwell

I'm sorry I ever doubted you

Regards

Louise
You know one thing I'll never understand about you.  No matter how many times I kick you in the teeth, smack you with the manhole cover, throw hot water in your face, pour molten glass in your rectum.....you'll always come back for more.

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 02:47:02 AM »
A very good letter Asange wrote to The Australian just before he handed himself over to police.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-depth/wikileaks/dont-shoot-messenger-for-revealing-uncomfortable-truths/story-fn775xjq-1225967241332

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 03:59:35 AM »
I can't decide. I think he's probably being persecuted unfairly at the moment, not that he doesn't deserve some legal ramifications for what he has done, but these rape charges seem slightly dodgy. Most of the information he's released is fine but some of it could seriously put people at risk. I think he needs a independent organization reviewing his releases to make sure he's only releasing embarrassing information and not information that endangers peoples, particularly troops, lives. Either that or he needs to be held personally responsible for any deaths that occur as a result of the information he's released, although in many cases this would be hard to prove. Also the leak in the us military should go to military prison for like 30 years.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/aug/01/julian-assange-wikileaks-afghanistan

apparently the site leaked a story on corruption in kenya by the incumbent right before their presidential election. Country then turns into a shitstorm and 1300 people die. Is he responsible considering any decent newspaper with the same information would have also released it?

Probably. So should a newspaper that released that information be. I find some aspects of what he's doing admirable but at the same time his leaks are creating misery for innocent people not just governments.

Offline hatefueled

• WF Major
  • Hatefueled.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • hatefuled's art
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2010, 08:19:56 AM »
on a side note, sorta...  Bahnhof AB, the hosting company responsible for keeping the under siege Wikileaks site up, is located in a futuristically renovated cold war nuclear bunker thirty metres below Sweden?s White Mountain. [Photos by Jann Lipka/Rex Features]

-Wednesday.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2010, 08:48:29 AM »
How can he afford to lease that place on a rapists wage?
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2010, 08:51:27 AM »
It's probably his mum's basement.

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2010, 01:51:47 PM »
on a side note, sorta...  Bahnhof AB, the hosting company responsible for keeping the under siege Wikileaks site up, is located in a futuristically renovated cold war nuclear bunker thirty metres below Sweden?s White Mountain. [Photos by Jann Lipka/Rex Features]

I saw those (or similar) pictures on the news the other day, but it wasn't explained where they were from.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2010, 04:11:27 PM »
I love the massive V8's (or possibly V12, V16 etc) just sitting on the floor looking all nice and shiny. Obviously they are generators, but they look awesome.
Mongeese like results

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2010, 06:01:54 PM »
He has all the makings of a goddamn Bond villain. I'd kill for that bunker!

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2010, 07:46:12 PM »
No shit, this whole series of events has some weird bond vibe around them.

Offline Ingasm

• WF Colonel
  • Who's that fluffy bundle of love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2010, 08:34:18 PM »

Probably. So should a newspaper that released that information be. I find some aspects of what he's doing admirable but at the same time his leaks are creating misery for innocent people not just governments.

How about you read the fucking article again, you slack jawed ignoramus

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2010, 12:36:47 AM »
Again? I never read it in the first place, I don't care what the guardian thinks.

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2011, 07:06:44 PM »
If anyone still cares

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20026591-503543.html

General roundup of leaks from 2010.
...and on the other a soldier with a bullet wound in his lower belly and his sphincter shot away so that his faeces are leaking out. The smell of excrement mingles with that of the scorching flesh of the corpses being burned in the distance.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2011, 08:24:25 PM »
OMG thats sooooo last year!
Mongeese like results

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2011, 02:25:15 PM »
Wikileaks has apparently been nominated for the nobel peace prize, which i think is fucken awesome. Stick that up your cunt rupert murdoch.

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2011, 07:41:32 PM »
Much better than Zoo nominating Assange as "UnAustralian of the Year"

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2011, 09:57:29 PM »
Who knows whats going on? Some sections of the media praise him as a hero of free speech and other sections label him as dangerous. This could even be deliberate. It's getting confusing.

It's an eye opener that Hillary Clinton says nations rely on America for open and accountable government while condemning the release of the info which clearly shows corruption and others in government and media calling for his murder. 

Offline BlackDeath

• SUPREME LEGION Operative
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • SUPREME LEGION FaceBook Page
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 10:50:57 PM »
I seriously believe that these documents could change EVERYTHING regarding Homeland Security, the US and terrorism in general.
Either the document leaks are going to make personal rights a thing of the past or governments much much more accountable.

This has the potential to be one of the biggest stories with one of the biggest effects on peoples thinking in decades.

*agrees*

It was highly ironic that those rapist claims arised when they did. By now it should be common knowledge that certain people of notable stature around the world have their tongue in each others arses (the Australian government has it's head so far up the US it's not funny, so Lassange is unlikely to get any support from Julia Gillard), unfortunately some still haven't noticed since they're kept distracted by bright lights and smoke screens, as well as constantly brain washed with propaganda....hurray for media.

Thankfully Wikileaks, combined with activist groups like the Zeitgeist movement/Venus project, will gradually reach more and more people throughout the globe...hopefully it eventuates in mass demonstrations, just like in Egypt although around the world, causing economies to crash and these "one world government" figures to finally burn along with their ideals.

Much better than Zoo nominating Assange as "UnAustralian of the Year"

Who knows whats going on? Some sections of the media praise him as a hero of free speech and other sections label him as dangerous. This could even be deliberate. It's getting confusing.

It's an eye opener that Hillary Clinton says nations rely on America for open and accountable government while condemning the release of the info which clearly shows corruption and others in government and media calling for his murder. 

While I think most Aussies would be in support of Assange, the Zoo journalist is probably falling for the media smear campaign. Either that, or it's could be a feature that has come from the head editor, which came from their publisher, APC magazines; owned by the Nine Entertainment Company, with Adrian MacKenzie being one of the directors; this being an acquisition of CVC Asia Pacific Capital Partners, featuring co-founder Donald MacKenzie as a managing director; which was originally set up as the European arm of US bank Citicorp, a division of Citigroup Incorporated, who was the first contributor to New York's Federal Reserve Bank.

New World Order anyone?

:P
SUPREME LEGION: From haunting melodies to obscure brutality, we hail the hard & heavy!

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2011, 12:48:14 AM »
Pretty sure he was just writing an article that would sell some magazines thanks to manufactured controversy.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2011, 06:05:25 AM »
Pretty sure he was just writing an article that would sell some magazines thanks to manufactured controversy.

Killjoy.

You are right though, as their #2 Un-Australian of the Year was Julia Gillard.

Offline BlackDeath

• SUPREME LEGION Operative
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • SUPREME LEGION FaceBook Page
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2011, 09:24:17 AM »

Killjoy.

You are right though, as their #2 Un-Australian of the Year was Julia Gillard.

Heh, yeah, bit of a conspiracy theory perhaps...but you get the idea.
SUPREME LEGION: From haunting melodies to obscure brutality, we hail the hard & heavy!

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2011, 03:21:31 PM »
how is this guy not dead yet?
Mongeese like results

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2011, 03:29:33 PM »
Personally I think the concept of WikiLeaks is vital but I still believe it to slightly dodgey at least. All the world's a play, who is spinning the tale book?

Thankfully Wikileaks, combined with activist groups like the Zeitgeist movement/Venus project, will gradually reach more and more people throughout the globe...hopefully it eventuates in mass demonstrations, just like in Egypt although around the world, causing economies to crash and these "one world government" figures to finally burn along with their ideals.

New World Order anyone?

:P

What is happening in Egypt will eventually happen the world over.  People are going door to door encouraging people to join the protests and not be afraid. The governemt is trying to shut them down but if the movement grows and the people remain defiant the people will only lose when the people accept defeat.

The economy will be a main factor in the uprising.