Author Topic: Where's a fella get a drink?  (Read 3299 times)

Offline FarZK

• WF Private
  • beer
    • View Profile
Where's a fella get a drink?
« on: December 08, 2010, 11:28:52 PM »
Howdy all,
planning a trip over from 27th dec - 12ish of Jan, plan on seeing a few of the gigs that are on during that time.

Down here in Hobart there's really only one pub worth drinking at for music and atmosphere, and seeing as perth is huge I could spend my whole time looking for it.
where's the metal drinking hole at?

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Where's a fella get a drink?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 11:54:24 PM »
who wants to break the bad news to this guy?
Mongeese like results

Offline FarZK

• WF Private
  • beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 11:55:31 PM »
who wants to break the bad news to this guy?

fuck this doesnt sound good

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 12:18:49 AM »
There is no set metal venue brother, we just wash up on whatever shore has metal gigs playing.  That said, there are venues where Metal is common enough that you have a high chance of checking out some Perthy Metal in flight.  And on the rare nights that there is nothing on, most of us tend to cluster at the Rocket Room in the City, its always accommodating to the BlackShirtBrigade.

Offline FarZK

• WF Private
  • beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 12:27:45 AM »
There is no set metal venue brother, we just wash up on whatever shore has metal gigs playing.  That said, there are venues where Metal is common enough that you have a high chance of checking out some Perthy Metal in flight.  And on the rare nights that there is nothing on, most of us tend to cluster at the Rocket Room in the City, its always accommodating to the BlackShirtBrigade.

Cheers for the advice, will definitely check out the rocket room then. It's more of a club though right? read somewhere it's only open from 8pm on weekends.

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 01:12:36 AM »
more of a bar than a club, you can get in with shorts and shoes that are barely together so it gets my tick
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline FarZK

• WF Private
  • beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 01:18:08 AM »
Ah sounds alright then, apart from there, where would be recommended to cruise in for a beer/meal of a lunch time/evening during the week?

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 01:23:05 AM »
Ah sounds alright then, apart from there, where would be recommended to cruise in for a beer/meal of a lunch time/evening during the week?

If you don't mind spending a bit of money, the Belgian Beer Cafe on Murray St is a nice place to have a semi-fancy pub meal. That's in the middle of the city.

Not sure if you've heard but there is a decent metal gig on the 2nd of January, at the Amplifier/Capital. There are probably more things going on while you're here, but nothing that I can think of off the top of my head.

Offline FarZK

• WF Private
  • beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 01:26:51 AM »

If you don't mind spending a bit of money, the Belgian Beer Cafe on Murray St is a nice place to have a semi-fancy pub meal. That's in the middle of the city.

Not sure if you've heard but there is a decent metal gig on the 2nd of January, at the Amplifier/Capital. There are probably more things going on while you're here, but nothing that I can think of off the top of my head.

Got myself a list

30th Dec 2010
Vespers Descent @ Rosemount Hotel, Perth
w/ Advent Sorrow, Prescient and Desolate

2nd Jan 2011
Pathogen @ Amplifier Bar, Perth
w/ Dead Letter Opener, Chaos Divine, Malignant Monster, Vespers Descent, Mhorgl, I Am Eternal and Befallen

9th Jan 2010
Darkest Hour @ Amplifier Bar, Perth

pretty stoked for all of them, I'd stick around for the gig on the 14th but I checked out a couple of bands and can't really justify staying for it when I start work again on the 17th.

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 01:34:02 AM »
Good pub feeds can be had at the Mighty Quinn and Wanneroo rd in *insert suburb*
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
  • Pissing through the Ring of Fire \m/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 01:40:58 AM »
^ Tuart hill, plus Irish music on sundays
...and on the other a soldier with a bullet wound in his lower belly and his sphincter shot away so that his faeces are leaking out. The smell of excrement mingles with that of the scorching flesh of the corpses being burned in the distance.

Offline Gringo

• WF Colonel
  • Bear it a little longer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 06:53:49 AM »
Thats funny ill be in tasmania/hobart during that time, what is the one good pub you mentioned?

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 07:05:38 AM »
The bouncers can be cunts though.

Offline FarZK

• WF Private
  • beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 12:30:38 PM »
Thats funny ill be in tasmania/hobart during that time, what is the one good pub you mentioned?

Brisbane Hotel, it's where we have all our gigs down here. Staff are good, meals are awesome, happy hours are good (Fri/Sun 6-8, $4 pints)

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 03:53:48 PM »
Yeah but pints in the Eastern states are smaller than WA pints. Not that I see how the fuck that's possible since it's a unit of measurement, but I had an argument with a bar tender in Adelaide who served me a $5 "pint" which was two thirds the size of an imperial pint.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 04:31:42 AM »
Some pubs in the eastern states just don't serve pints, serving only pots or scooners. I figure they just get too many westerners asking for pints so they don't actually bother to correct the terminology used by the punters. Quite a few pubs over east do actually serve pints though.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 05:52:59 AM »
I've got no problem with schooners.

The sign said $5 pints!

Offline PremierMaelstrom

• WF Colonel
  • PROGRESS
    • View Profile
    • NeXuS - just fucking metal
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 07:02:30 PM »
Brisbane Hotel, it's where we have all our gigs down here. Staff are good, meals are awesome, happy hours are good (Fri/Sun 6-8, $4 pints)

Thats where we've played all our TAS shows. We even stayed in the place. Awesomely priced huge meals. Ruins & Zappa on the jukebox.
Good Times...
It all catches up on you when you slow down ...

Offline World Maggot

• WF Major
  • beneath a sky of maggots i slept
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 08:32:31 PM »
Some pubs in the eastern states just don't serve pints, serving only pots or scooners. I figure they just get too many westerners asking for pints so they don't actually bother to correct the terminology used by the punters. Quite a few pubs over east do actually serve pints though.

The terminology's not wrong. Not if you've ordered a pint expecting a pint but because they don't have one they've given you something else.
the ultimate frostage desire snowflurry drifts these plains...

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 09:04:13 PM »

The terminology's not wrong. Not if you've ordered a pint expecting a pint but because they don't have one they've given you something else.

+1

Even worse when THEY say it's a pint and it's not, which is the situation I described.