Author Topic: PATHOGEN 1995-2011 - Official Statement  (Read 6074 times)

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Sovereign Studios Website
PATHOGEN 1995-2011 - Official Statement
« on: December 30, 2010, 10:57:42 PM »
To whom it may concern

---
PATHOGEN  (1995 - 2011) - Official Statement - 28th Dec 2010
---

It is with sadness that I inform all that Pathogen will cease to exist as a band as of 2nd January 2011.  This band achieved more than any of us expected during our time and I personally no longer have the time or energy to balance both my music and business, Sovereign Studios. www.sovstudios.com

For those who don?t know, Pathogen has meant nearly everything to me for over 15 years now.  I was a founding member, songwriter and often manager for this band for over half my lifetime.  During this time, the band experienced many great highs along with some crushing lows but I wouldn?t trade the experiences for anything.  

Pathogen allowed me to live out my childhood dream of touring and playing to fans who understood and appreciated the motive to our music and the integrity behind it.  Also getting to meet and share the stage with heroes who have inspired me since I was young is an experience I will always treasure.  I will take these memories to my grave with a smile on my face.

I started this band purely just to be able to play the style of music that inspired me.  I never expected it to last this long, nor did I expect Pathogen would ever gain so many thousands of fans from all over the world.  For this, I am eternally grateful.

Thanks to all who have written expressing their sadness at the band breaking up.  It?s heartening to see we still have so many supporters all throughout Europe, America, Asia, the Middle East and most importantly Australia.  

As a final offering, we have released a video-clip for the song Severed & Frayed.  We made this clip as a memento of our decade-and-a-half on this earth.  I look forward to watching this video in another 15 years and remembering this era with great fondness and affection - www.youtube.com/pathogenofficial

I would like to say a sincere thanks to the many talented musicians, performers and above all, the friends who have given up their time to help this band along the way.  Your contribution is massively appreciated and will not be forgotten.

Cheers to all of you who have supported us over the years, it's been a wild ride and none of it could've happened without the surprisingly strong support from an army of loyal fans.

"One for the fury...One for the hate"

Aidan Barton
Pathogen  (1995 to 2011)
---

PATHOGEN was:

Aidan Barton, Dave Sandstrom, Louis Rando, Cain Cressall, Jarrod Curley, Gavin Irving, Tim ?Floppy? Paterson, Mike Lenane, Mark Boeijen, Glenn Dyson, Louis Dunstan, Chris Unsworth, Aaron Rixon, James Parrish, Scott Farrell, Mark DeVattimo, Adam Ferguson, Phil Norman, Mark Rodrigues, Jesse Beaton, Luke Mechiati, Jon Cuypers & N/A

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:01:20 PM by Sovereign »

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF Colonel
  • Ormsby Guitars and Repairs
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
Re: PATHOGEN 1995-2011 - Official Statement
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 01:47:27 AM »
Never, ever, have I seen a Pathogen gig that was anything less than awesome. It was Pathogen that really opened my eyes to the local scene. Fucking excellent stuff Aidan, and the body of work you have to show for your efforts is a big fuck you to those who have publicly ripped into you. Fuck 'em! Where are they now? :-\

Postponed our trip to be there on the 2nd.  :headbang:

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 03:10:27 AM »
You sir are king amonst men..  I could say very similar about yourself..   I look forward to seeing you on the Sunday..

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 08:52:02 PM »
Last Pathogen Show Ever - Tonight 8pm   :'(  Tix available at the door 

Offline Vision_of_hate

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 09:52:28 PM »
Never, ever, have I seen a Pathogen gig that was anything less than awesome. It was Pathogen that really opened my eyes to the local scene. Fucking excellent stuff Aidan, and the body of work you have to show for your efforts is a big fuck you to those who have publicly ripped into you. Fuck 'em! Where are they now? :-\

lol I wonder who you could be talking about? does his name rhyhme with Daxon?  :rofl: it's an end of the era, I wont miss this show, thats for sure...fuckin good line up too

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 11:22:26 PM »
Very classy way to end things, best of luck with Sov Studios and the future.

For many people, Pathogen were the first local metal band the heard/got into. Respect  :headbang:
Critical Mass RTRFM 92.1
Every Wednesday from 9pm

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 11:49:34 PM »
Very classy way to end things, best of luck with Sov Studios and the future.

For many people, Pathogen were the first local metal band the heard/got into. Respect  :headbang:

Allegiance and iNFeCTeD were mine, but Pathogen was definitely the next one to follow. Good luck Aidan. Hope it all goes well in the future.
Mongeese like results

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 12:22:08 AM »
^
Heh, Downer and iNFeCTeD for me :P
Critical Mass RTRFM 92.1
Every Wednesday from 9pm

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 02:24:52 AM »
Allegiance were the first band I tried listening to in the local scene, but it was Pathogen that nailed it.

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 02:29:44 AM »
I've never had the chance to see Pathogen live, so I'm really looking forward to tonight.

Offline Sins Of The Father

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 03:10:07 AM »
Pathogen highlights people??

Pathogen/Malignant Monster at the Castle awhile back, totally demolished IMO.  :headbang:

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 03:32:24 PM »
Aidan playing with a broken arm
Critical Mass RTRFM 92.1
Every Wednesday from 9pm

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »

Aiden playing on top of the bar last night  :headbang:

Offline World Maggot

• WF Major
  • beneath a sky of maggots i slept
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 06:46:47 PM »
is that where he went?
the ultimate frostage desire snowflurry drifts these plains...

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 09:17:02 PM »
From where I was sitting, I didn't even realize he did it!?
Killer show! We're all stoked!!!

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »

Aiden playing on top of the bar last night  :headbang:
Yep and possibly the many fights between Aiden and a former vocalist. Hmm thats probly more of a low light :hmm:.

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 10:23:15 PM »
From where I was sitting, I didn't even realize he did it!?
Killer show! We're all stoked!!!

Yeah, he jumped off stage, and got up on the bar along the side there.

Offline metalhawk

• WF Colonel
  • ...never too old to headbang!!!
    • View Profile
    • enforce homepage
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 03:49:52 AM »

lol I wonder who you could be talking about? does his name rhyhme with Daxon?  :rofl: it's an end of the era, I wont miss this show, thats for sure...fuckin good line up too

Cenotaph......... :headbang:

Offline Sovereign

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 07:44:30 PM »
Wow, thanks for all the kind words peoples..  I really expected to be slammed for my efforts on this forum..  

Funny thing about walking across the bar that night, i  accidently smashed one of the light fittings with my gtr headstock.  Management said they're going to take it out of my next pay-cheque from Capitol, haha....Still totally worth it.

Couple of other Patho-memories that spring to mind:

- The taxi driver in Melbourne who didn't close the boot properly and dropped all Louis' cymbals on the road.  We weren't too cool with him nearly losing our stuff so we threw him a reduced fare.  He wasn't down with our offer so we pretended to get heavy on him, by the end he was shitting his pants too hard to argue so he grabbed the cash and sped off.  Luckily I saw the boot move slightly so we were able to stop and reclaimed our cymbals..Thankfully no major damage

- Some of arguments I've had with one ex-vocalist in particular did get a bit over-heated, but who doesn't like seeing a beer glass smash thru the face of their sworn enemy.  He has a nice meaty scar to remind him of his time in the band and the beer-rot from the wound made his tooth turn black.  Normally I would feel prety fukn bad about this but when you're the kind of guy who hides in the bushes outside his own house, waiting for your brothers to leave so you can break in and beat the living shit out of your own mother, or the kind of guy who gets put in jail for threatening people with a used syringe full of blood after testing positive for Hepatitis, then you really don't deserve the gift of life anyway.  Thanks to all the witnesses who helped me out on that one and the venue for 'misplacing' the security footage for that night.  I even got a 'congratulations' from the detectives who interviewed me who couldn't beleive this piece of shit ran crying to the police over this....Good times.

This band has had a rich history over the years, i might add my own highlights as I think of em, if no one minds that is  ::)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 07:51:08 PM by Sovereign »

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 07:48:05 PM »
Funny thing about walking across the bar that night, i  accidently smashed one of the light fittings with my gtr headstock.  Management said they're going to take it out of my next pay-cheque from Capitol, haha....Still totally worth it.

Heh, that's right. The guys behind the bar had huge smiles on their faces when they saw that :P

Offline DISASTER666

• WF Colonel
  • Barbarian Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 10:29:24 PM »
The taxi driver in Melbourne who didn't close the boot properly and dropped all Louis' cymbals on the road.  We weren't too cool with him nearly losing our stuff so we threw him a reduced fare.  He wasn't down with our offer so we pretended to get heavy on him, by the end he was shitting his pants too hard to argue so he grabbed the cash and sped off.  Luckily I saw the boot move slightly so we were able to stop and reclaimed our cymbals..Thankfully no major damage

It was a whole pile of instruments if I remember correctly? Although, I was pretty smashed at that point, as were we all. I just laughed as I saw my shit scatter across the intersection????!!!!!
Also, that gig at HQ where Aidan was TOTALLY SMASHED. I'm hiding the footage:x

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 05:44:58 AM »
In response to the original post:

Bye.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline The Janitor

• WF Lieutenant
  • Kicked in the c*nt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 05:05:06 AM »

Postponed our trip to be there on the 2nd.  :headbang:

Where are they now?

Hmmm... I think the person you're referring to just got back from managing a tour in the US with Nile.
I think the person you're referring to has helped build the Australian Death Metal scene into what it is today more than anyone else.
Where are you now? In Perth feeding your ego mate. You're not a rock star. Keep dressing like one and you might fool a few people into thinking you are.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regardless of that, well done on writing some killer tunes over the years Aidan. You should be proud of what Pathogen achieved :)
I have a lot of respect for your production skills, songwriting ability and the support you've given to my band over the years, right from the start.
Thank you, and all the best with your future endeavors mate :)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 05:48:48 AM by The Janitor »

Offline Ormsby_Guitars

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • www.ormsbyguitars.com
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »

Postponed our trip to be there on the 2nd.  :headbang:

Where are they now?

Hmmm... I think the person you're referring to just got back from managing a tour in the US with Nile.
I think the person you're referring to has helped build the Australian Death Metal scene into what it is today more than anyone else.
Where are you now? In Perth feeding your ego mate. You're not a rock star. Keep dressing like one and you might fool a few people into thinking you are.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regardless of that, well done on writing some killer tunes over the years Aidan. You should be proud of what Pathogen achieved :)
I have a lot of respect for your production skills, songwriting ability and the support you've given to my band over the years, right from the start.
Thank you, and all the best with your future endeavors mate :)

haha, was referring to Saxon you dick.

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 04:32:54 AM »