Author Topic: KHARIOT - DISYMPOSIUM ALBUM LAUNCH - 1ST APRIL @ THE CIVIC  (Read 6277 times)

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
Re: KHARIOT - DISYMPOSIUM ALBUM LAUNCH - 1ST APRIL @ THE CIVIC
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 07:17:10 PM »
Thanks to all who came. Overall a pretty awesome night!  :headbang: Spewin', I wanted to give that chick in black with the fringe swaying to our odd time signatures in our instrumental, a copy of our album but she left before I got the chance to! haha. Thanks to Nexus, Sins of the Father and Befallen for putting up some great music and playing alongside us.

Offline Dylz

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • Nexus Myspace
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 08:22:53 PM »
Good gig. Thanks for having us. The onstage sound was great!

those fucks, how utterly dissapointing

About the album being leaked. I only see that as a good thing for you as a band. The chances of someone from Peru, France or Korea actually buying a Perth metal band's album is fairly slim, but if it is available somewhere for free... then someone from some random country *could* stumble across it. If they like it, they'll share it with their friends. To me, that is better than $10 or $20 in the band kitty. Embrace FREE global exposure of YOUR music via free distribution.

Offline rulezy696

• WF Colonel
  • THE KHARIOT KIT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 09:58:33 PM »
Yeah thanks I was actually thinking about it last night its pretty much the only way right now hell random people in other countries far away are going to be able to listen to it, they dont know what the webstore adress is let alone our facebook page or myspace.

Anyway thanks for everyone who came down and was really supportive, ill try and post up some footage of us playing.  The sound was great and the bands were really tight, I messaged Dan last night but im going to make it public the new Nexus song blew mine and Shah's socks off.  But I want to say as well that Luke from Sins of the Father SPOT ON accuracy behind the kit... Such a shame you broke a crash cymbal :( Saw Gav wearing a Sins shirt afterwards and I must say, awesome design.

Also Dylz those cowboy shoes were amazing you should wear them for every Nexus set, really rockin' vibe on stage.  Tell me when you play some new material next i'll be really keen to come and check it out! I was talking with Steve the door guy just before midset and we were talking about Dans phrasing on the kit some real complex stuff going on there, also anyone know what brand of drums Luke uses?  We thought it might of been Gretsch or DW but I never got around to asking him
Mikey performs 'Age of Wonders: March of the Halflings' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy3vrGSvlr8

Mikey performs 'Khariot: Malediction Eclipse' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYRSokEcKc

Offline PremierMaelstrom

• WF Colonel
  • PROGRESS
    • View Profile
    • NeXuS - just fucking metal
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 11:16:04 PM »
Baps.

(Luke uses PDP, which is rebranded DW ?)
It all catches up on you when you slow down ...

Offline Sins Of The Father

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 01:16:48 AM »
Correct it is PDP which is DW, Custom Paint job though  ;D

Offline Khariot_G

• WF Colonel
  • Six-Stringer, Doom Bringer
    • View Profile
    • Khariot
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 02:52:44 AM »
thanks Matt, thanks Dan, thanks Aaron.
having Befallen, Nexus and Sins Of The Father on the bill was really important to us. i have only the utmost respects for what your bands are doing and the uncompromising sounds within them.
the new Nexus song blew me away too!!!

big thanks to all the people who came down to witness the music and have a good time, and im hoping those who got a cd are having an experience and a half listening to it. im still so excited as to hear some feedback as to what people think of it... so, voice up! haha  :laugh:

Dan : upon hearing the news of the leak, i was quite neutral upon hearing the news, because all of those points are extremely valid. and as i said before, it was going to be inevitable anyway. it was more so the timing that it came out before the launch, but hey. why wouldn't some guy from peru want to fly down and make it to the show, OH YEAAAA.
i guess they are 'listeners' as much as reviewers/press, but whichever guy/girl leaked it betrayed our goodwill and trust. i wouldve been much less surprised if it happened after the release.

i thought Dylan's shoes were rockin, but im even more keen on that Ibanez Iceman Jord's was playing... i want an iceman!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dylz

• WF Major
    • View Profile
    • Nexus Myspace
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 04:35:46 PM »
haha those shoes DO make it to every nexus show.
them boots were made for proggin'  :headbang:

Offline DevolvedEmperor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 09:18:55 PM »
www.bandcamp.com Pretty much means that anyone in the world can listen to and buy your music easily. Great idea and much better than iTunes and all it's bullshit. As someone said not many people are going to go to the hassle of trying to obtain a localised release but bandcamp at least allows them to support the band (which I've done with a few bands).