Author Topic: NASTY WEDNESDAYS at The Republic! Ft. Noctis/Khariot/Sensory Amusia/Desolate.  (Read 5431 times)

Offline Fabs26

• WF Private
    • View Profile
You all wanted it, now you've got it - Perth Metal will finally have a new venue!

NASTY WEDNESDAYS is one of Perth's new metal parties at Perth's newest metal venue. Starting from the 23rd of Feb, get ready for a Wednesday night that's going to fucking blow your mind! However, it will only go off with the right support from all of you.

For this night to last and for Perth's metal scene to keep The Republic as a metal venue, we need all of you to come down, bring your mates and show your support for this fresh night.

Nasty will occur fortnightly or weekly depending on how much you want it. We can't stress enough, the importance of how much support we need to make this happen. The bigger you make it, the bigger the night will be and the more you guys are going to love it. So, add people to the event page, tell your friends, come down, enjoy the music and enjoy the cheap drinks.

Facebook event link -
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=188027741225149&ref=ts

BANDS ON THE NIGHT:

NOCTIS

- Noctis will be headlining this gig and have new songs for all of you to enjoy.

KHARIOT

- Playing their first show of 2011 since their triumph at the Western Front Metal Awards in October last year, KHARIOT are going to be promoting their upcoming debut record - 'Disymposium' and also will be bringing down their first batch of shirts!

SENSORY AMUSIA

- Check out their awesome clip of their song 'A Reinterpretation' -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9zTWas9Pnw

DESOLATE

- Check Desolate out at www.myspace.com/desolaterocks

Along with awesome music, The Republic is making an exception for wednesday nights - $5 BEERS ALL FUCKING NIGHT!!! The beers will include TEDS, COLDS, EMU EXPORT, EMU BITTER, PURE BLONDES and a MYSTERY IMPORTED BEER each week. This deal is reserved for only you guys on a Wednesday.

Doors open at 8:00 pm. The bands will probably finish by 11:30 but if everyone wants to keep drinking afterwards, we can stay open for as long as we want!

Entrance via Shafto Lane, at corner of Wellington street.
$10 entry.

Hope to see you all there, it will be a fucking awesome night. Make sure you come down, get trashed,listen to awesome bands rock out and above all, have fun.  :headbang:

Offline METAL_STEVE

• WF Colonel
  • Over worked and under fucked
    • View Profile
Looks great!

Offline Merlok

• WF Colonel
  • Keep the metal faith alive!! - Chuck Schuldiner
    • View Profile

farkin sounds good  :headbang:

cept i always fly in and out of perth on a weds so no chance of catching this  :'(

Offline guttedfoetus

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
I'll be there no fuckin worries, good job with putting this together BTW dude
fuck yourself mothercunter

Offline Stormrider

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • \m/ \m/
    • View Profile
    • Riot Squad
SEX!  :headbang:

RIOT SQUAD - The New Force in THRASH
https://www.facebook.com/Riot.Squad.aus

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Awesome work Fabs!
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
Good work, hope it goes well! How many people would you need to make it "worthwhile"?

Offline rulezy696

• WF Colonel
  • THE KHARIOT KIT!
    • View Profile
Make sure you spend all that money that you saved on alcohol for a trip to the merch stand... :cunning:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 01:34:09 AM by rulezy696 »
Mikey performs 'Age of Wonders: March of the Halflings' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy3vrGSvlr8

Mikey performs 'Khariot: Malediction Eclipse' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYRSokEcKc

Offline rulezy696

• WF Colonel
  • THE KHARIOT KIT!
    • View Profile
Also ill be jumping ontop of this some Wednesday nights to help bands with Load in/Load out times.

I'll also be doing as much filming/photography as I can on most nights and if I cant will try and line someone else up to get the job done... So bring your best local metal shirt and poker face!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 01:36:40 AM by rulezy696 »
Mikey performs 'Age of Wonders: March of the Halflings' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy3vrGSvlr8

Mikey performs 'Khariot: Malediction Eclipse' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYRSokEcKc

Offline METAL_STEVE

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Just remember fabs some of us will be away Maidening / Soundwaving / UFCing for a couple of weeks so
count us in the attendance numbers (in spirit anyway)!

Offline BaileyHorizon

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Just remember fabs some of us will be away Maidening / Soundwaving / UFCing for a couple of weeks so

+1 !

Will you be at Soundwave in Sydney as well man?

Offline SchizoDeluxe

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Perth Metal Meetup group
Will be there and will bring a few mates, awesome stuff, hopefully this will continue on!

Offline Fabs26

• WF Private
    • View Profile
Cheers for all the support guys! You guys fucking rock.

Man, you guys are already making me feel like this night will be  big success even though you aren't coming - You guys will defs be the in spirit hahaha. I will try my best for a weekend gig as well. So, hopefully you can make it to one of the following Wednesdays or on a weekend. Have fun Maidening man!

Good work, hope it goes well! How many people would you need to make it "worthwhile"?

Around 150 would guarantee a second gig, basically. But if it's bigger than that, it will just mean the second gig will have a lot more shit happening and will be more fun for the crowd.

Offline metalhawk

• WF Colonel
  • ...never too old to headbang!!!
    • View Profile
    • enforce homepage
i dont go out wednesdays!! usually at work listening to "critical mass"....... :headbang:

Offline Melkor

• WF Colonel
  • Pissing through the Ring of Fire \m/
    • View Profile
Same haha! Fucken nightshift.
...and on the other a soldier with a bullet wound in his lower belly and his sphincter shot away so that his faeces are leaking out. The smell of excrement mingles with that of the scorching flesh of the corpses being burned in the distance.

Offline ded

• WF Colonel
  • Flopsy The Cunt Faced Boy
    • View Profile
Dude I hope you hammer the fuck out of those flyers to promote this!

150 through the door on the first night should be easy - maintaining those numbers on the other hand......

Good luck though, cracking idea and an applaudable effort to get this thing running!
You know one thing I'll never understand about you.  No matter how many times I kick you in the teeth, smack you with the manhole cover, throw hot water in your face, pour molten glass in your rectum.....you'll always come back for more.

Offline Fabs26

• WF Private
    • View Profile
Dude I hope you hammer the fuck out of those flyers to promote this!

150 through the door on the first night should be easy - maintaining those numbers on the other hand......

Good luck though, cracking idea and an applaudable effort to get this thing running!

Thanks man! Posters are a bit late, which is my bad. As soon as I get them (this week) I will put them around the place.
You're right, maintaining those numbers will be a bit hard. I will figure something out. Cheers again for the kind words man. 

Offline rulezy696

• WF Colonel
  • THE KHARIOT KIT!
    • View Profile
Ar well at least theres no chance of this one becoming double booked  :D

Offline Fabs26

• WF Private
    • View Profile
Ar well at least theres no chance of this one becoming double booked  :D

Bam! hahahaha

Offline Fabs26

• WF Private
    • View Profile
FINALLY got posters!

If anyone could possibly help me: Where are some congregation points for metal heads in Perth? I did a silly thing and didn't get flyers for this gig (i.e. can't hand anything out after gigs). So, where are some good places north + south of the river? Aside from city, Mt. Lawley, etc.

Offline DemiseOfSanity

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
We all live in caves.

Offline TheSlave

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
We all live in caves.

Its Truetruetruetruetruetruetruetruetruetruetruetruetruetruetruetruetruetruetrue......

Offline Khariot_G

• WF Colonel
  • Six-Stringer, Doom Bringer
    • View Profile
    • Khariot
TOMORROW.

Offline METAL_STEVE

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Good luck with it!!
Keep it goin till I get back :)