Author Topic: NASTY WEDNESDAYS at The Republic! Ft. Noctis/Khariot/Sensory Amusia/Desolate.  (Read 5430 times)

Offline SchizoDeluxe

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Perth Metal Meetup group
Turned out alright at the beginning but seemed to fall a bit flat in the end. Sound was off and not loud enough but the vibe in the place seemed alright, dark crusty old place fit well with the metal theme though it looked like  a halloween party had just happened. Would be great if people stayed a bit longer and see if this works again. But yeah sound needs to be fixed.

Offline SandBlastedSkin

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Arkarion myspace
Do they have an in house soundy?
Check out Arkarion@ www.myspace.com/arkarionband

Offline rulezy696

• WF Colonel
  • THE KHARIOT KIT!
    • View Profile
Okay so for those that did'nt end up making it theres some footage posted up of the night, would of loved to provide footage of Khariot (and Noctis respectively) but if you want something done you gotta do it yourself right?  There was just no time in the end unfortunately I really need a fucken drum tech... to say the least!

Desolate - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7ifjUJARW8

A special thanks to the ones that came down and got ontop of the NASTY launch!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:29:56 AM by rulezy696 »
Mikey performs 'Age of Wonders: March of the Halflings' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy3vrGSvlr8

Mikey performs 'Khariot: Malediction Eclipse' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYRSokEcKc

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
Whoever chose the music between sets should realize not everyone wanks themselves to death over prog every minute of every day
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline rulezy696

• WF Colonel
  • THE KHARIOT KIT!
    • View Profile
by the way I would like to know what songs I ended up getting footage for from both bands, it was about 3 songs in for each set.  If someone from Desolate could get back to me with song title's that would be great!

I could hear through last nights sound and thought all of the bands that played were very tight, good job!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:30:06 AM by rulezy696 »
Mikey performs 'Age of Wonders: March of the Halflings' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy3vrGSvlr8

Mikey performs 'Khariot: Malediction Eclipse' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYRSokEcKc

Offline Harlequin Forest

• WF Major
    • View Profile
Whoever chose the music between sets should realize not everyone wanks themselves to death over prog every minute of every day

From memory some of the bands that got played were Periphery, Sikth, Hacride, Memfis, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Barren Earth and Textures among others. Not exactly wanky prog there.

Offline guttedfoetus

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
I thought that was a fuckin wicked night I payed for it big time today though, sound was off but I'm sure the dude wouldn't have had fuck all experience with metal bands so maybe he deserves a bit of a break. Vibe was awesome I'd definitely be making myself a regular at those shows if it kept up, personally I think 2 bands is plenty for a Wednesday night though, I only stayed til the end coz I'm slightly retarded.
If possible keep up the good work fabsmeister.
fuck yourself mothercunter

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile

From memory some of the bands that got played were Periphery, Sikth, Hacride, Memfis, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Barren Earth and Textures among others. Not exactly wanky prog there.

That was my doing :)
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline Fabs26

• WF Private
    • View Profile
Yo all, plenty of people came to the first Nasty! and so, Nasty is going to keep happening on a weekly basis now.
Be sure to come down any Wednesday you want to rock out and drink cheap booze.

Keep tabs on the shit here - www.facebook.com/nastywednesdays
This Wednesday is also on (tomorrow).

Thanks to all that came down on the first night. You guys really made this happen.
A lot has been learned from the first night and here's what we have changed:

- Improved sound system
- 3 bands per night, instead of 4 (4 just goes too late into the night).
- I will make sure there is no confusion with the price of drinks this time round! I heard some people paid $9 for a pure blonde?! Fuuuuuuck that!

Anyway, thanks again guys. I will be getting some interstate bands playing ASAP. Let's make Wednesday the night to go out for metal heads, not just teenie boppers.

Hope to see you all down there soon!