Author Topic: UFC 127 (Australia)  (Read 1931 times)

Offline MalignantlyGrotesque

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
UFC 127 (Australia)
« on: February 10, 2011, 07:35:20 AM »
Who's going?

Card isn't as good as last years in my opinion, but should still be some good fights. Sotiropoulos should have got a higher ranked guy than Siver. He needs top competition.

I hope Bisping gets decapitated like he did by Hendo.

Hopefully BJ/Fitch isn't a snore fest.

Lytle/Condit should be a slugfest.

I went last year and it was a great atmosphere. Especially when George was fighting.

I managed to get flights through Virgin Blue there and back for $316. Pretty good i think.
Got average seats in the 1st elevated stand. I would have gone for better if the card had more star power, but it's still an awesome time.

This will be my 4th. Done...100, 110 & 121.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
Re: UFC 127 (Australia)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 03:46:26 PM »
There was a pretty small window between them announcing it was officially going ahead and tickets going on sale, a lot of which were apparently picked up by scalpers and are sitting on eBay at ridiculous prices.

Long story short, don't have the money for it this year. At least not the kind of money I spent last time, heh.

Joe Silva and Dana White love Dennis Siver. Mostly because he's ended 2 fights with spinning back kicks. He's rated far more highly in the UFC's eyes than he probably deserves. I did expect George's next fight to be for number one contender though and I don't think this fight is going to get him there. Then again look what happened with Jon Jones on the weekend.

Lytle/Condit is probably going to be the best fight of the night. Jon Fitch will force BJ into a snoozefest, it's what he's done every fight of his damn career.

The card was definitely better last year.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline METAL_STEVE

• WF Colonel
  • Over worked and under fucked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 11:51:04 PM »
I'm going. Watch Bisping flog Jorge, Sots & Noke fly the flag and Penn win by sub in the 2nd then across the road to see MAIDEN  :)

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 12:24:01 AM »
You actually like Bisping? Haha. You're one of very few Australians that does judging by the reaction at 110. :D I hope Jorge kicks his arse so hard he never fights again.

I honestly hope BJ does manage to submit Fitch but I think it's more likely he'll try to avoid his takedowns early on and knock his block off instead. If it goes past 2 rounds, I think BJ is fucked.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline DevolvedEmperor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 06:17:24 AM »
Condit apparently is injured and on the verge of pulling out.

Overall this event is a snorefest and i probably wouldn't even go if it was in Perth. Terrible matchup for GSot and he has nothing to gain and everything to lose. Other than him nothing really appeals to me at all. BJ/ Fitch could be allright but realistically is either quick KO by BJ or Fitch trying to hug BJ to death on the ground for three rounds

Offline METAL_STEVE

• WF Colonel
  • Over worked and under fucked
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 04:17:36 AM »
You actually like Bisping? Haha. You're one of very few Australians that does judging by the reaction at 110. Cheesy I hope Jorge kicks his arse so hard he never fights again.

I wouldn't say "like" but I reckon he will beat Jorge as he has been a lot more active lately. Both punchers, should be good.
Lytle should beat the late replacement Ebersole.
B.J. should take care of Fitch - at least Penn can finish a fight!
Pearson over Fisher - another one than should be good.
Sots should beat the older German Siver and hopefully Noke beats Camozzi

... and all being well we'll be out by the time Slayer hit the stage :)