Author Topic: Wa metal promoters!!!  (Read 4795 times)

Offline metalhawk

• WF Colonel
  • ...never too old to headbang!!!
    • View Profile
    • enforce homepage
Wa metal promoters!!!
« on: February 28, 2011, 03:05:10 AM »
It has come to my attention in the past year that metal promoters are starting clash there gigs with other metal gigs on the same nights ect.

to keep our scene healthy it would be wise that promoters start talking to each other more so there are no clashes... the western fronts gig guide is a good start. :clap:

For a decade from 1998 - 2008 the main promoters i use to cross with was Soundworks, harro from allegiance/black steel, mark from psyconaut and dave lance - impact winter.

now we have basically every band... so people start talking more and offcourse keep up the good work.

cheers

Guy

Enforce/ graveyard promotions

Offline IFRC

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Wa metal promoters!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 05:31:42 AM »
Could not agree more! Was going to start a thread about this, but I'm glad i saw this one first haha!

Bands:- Don't play every weekend! Otherwise, where is the incentive for people to come and see you? they can 'see you at the same venue next weekend' anyway :P

-If you play all the time in Perth, why not save your show payment (and merch money) and try and do some shows down South, or up North? or, heck, maybe even in another state! :hmm: a change of venue/fan base/ comfort zone is good for new and old bands :headbang:

Promoter's: Network a bit, FFS! It's easy to say 'having double (and sometime's triple!)booked gig's is a sign of a healthy scene', but all you are really doing is flooding Perth with the same gigs at different venue's :laugh: Same for all the 'Festivals' that are popping up: an awesome idea (if done well) a few times a year (maybe twice) but something like a 2 stage festival with heaps of bands loses it's appeal if they are on every 6 weeks.

Just some suggestions, feel free to Hate/Troll til your finger's bleed, I'm off to get shitfaced! :headbang: :drunk: :sick:

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 05:56:06 AM »
Could not agree more! Was going to start a thread about this, but I'm glad i saw this one first haha!

Bands:- Don't play every weekend! Otherwise, where is the incentive for people to come and see you? they can 'see you at the same venue next weekend' anyway :P

-If you play all the time in Perth, why not save your show payment (and merch money) and try and do some shows down South, or up North? or, heck, maybe even in another state! :hmm: a change of venue/fan base/ comfort zone is good for new and old bands :headbang:

Promoter's: Network a bit, FFS! It's easy to say 'having double (and sometime's triple!)booked gig's is a sign of a healthy scene', but all you are really doing is flooding Perth with the same gigs at different venue's :laugh: Same for all the 'Festivals' that are popping up: an awesome idea (if done well) a few times a year (maybe twice) but something like a 2 stage festival with heaps of bands loses it's appeal if they are on every 6 weeks.

Just some suggestions, feel free to Hate/Troll til your finger's bleed, I'm off to get shitfaced! :headbang: :drunk: :sick:

Fuckn right on man.  :clap:

Offline metalhawk

• WF Colonel
  • ...never too old to headbang!!!
    • View Profile
    • enforce homepage
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 02:32:14 PM »
^^^ what he said!!!  :headbang:

Offline Wraith

• WF Corporal
  • Dont fear Death, Embrace Life!
    • View Profile
    • Reapers Riddle Official Page
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 07:17:33 PM »
Spot on! but I do like the two-stagers if its not the same bands on the lineup
"Red and Blue flashes through, while my body pleads to sleep,
Your image is the last I see as the darkness devours me"

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 10:54:24 PM »
2 stage events are a def goer as long as the lineup is varied & it is billed as a proper event.
Really hope promoters & bands can start communicating more.
On a positive note, well done to Drew from Karnivool for plugging Chaos Divine onstage Friday night @ their show to their fans, seeing as the 2 shows clashed & Drew told all the Karnivool fans to check em out as they are a world class act. Total humility, professionalism & support for the local scene. Would be good to hear more of this happening from other bands when gigs do happen to clash.

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 03:21:57 AM »
Drew is and always has been a great guy with integrity and respect for other musos.

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 10:48:40 AM »
Haha, he probably plugged us out of guilt! :P

I spoke to him a few months back and was telling him about the launch, urging him to come along. He promised me he'd come and then a few weeks later they announced their gig on the same night as ours.

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 11:54:49 PM »
Hahahaha.
Good to see him doing the right thing though. Really hope it rubs off on other bands in future. Sometimes cross bookings are unavoidable, this @ least shows that there is some healthy respect between bands. Rather than just bitching & whining about it in front of em offstage  ;)

Offline Wraith

• WF Corporal
  • Dont fear Death, Embrace Life!
    • View Profile
    • Reapers Riddle Official Page
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 06:46:28 AM »
there is a group on facebook for Metal lovers/Bands to promote shows and put there contact details to help get all the people in the scene have more access to local artist and such. PERTH METAL SPACE!!

Great way to stay in touch and plug your shows to fellow metalheads

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_190427890996774
"Red and Blue flashes through, while my body pleads to sleep,
Your image is the last I see as the darkness devours me"