Author Topic: Metal @ Rocket Room  (Read 3899 times)

Offline KellogZ

• WF Private
    • View Profile
    • Rocket Room perth
Metal @ Rocket Room
« on: March 09, 2011, 02:08:00 AM »
Hey guys, It came to my attention after a chat with big mac the other night that there is a perception that rocket room does not really like doing metal shows

RUBBISH! i am unsure who came up with that idea and if anyone can give me any further details that would be great.

We love having metal shows @ rocket for numerous reasons (No1 being you fuckers are big drinkers), we do realise the stage is small and the back area for gear is too but we have done all we can in that dept, so if anyone is having trouble getting a date there or wants any info please give me a call on the number in my sig or via the email and ill do what i can for you.

cheers

Kellogz
Danny "Kellogz" Keller
Rocket Room PR & Promotions
info@rocketroom.com.au
www.rocketroom.com.au

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Metal @ Rocket Room
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 02:56:52 AM »
I have played the Rocket Room a few times, so let me just say a big 'Thanks' Danny for keeping your doors open to metal when so many others were quick to knife this scene in the back.

Offline METAL_STEVE

• WF Colonel
  • Over worked and under fucked
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 03:02:15 AM »
I love gigs at the Rocket Room!

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 03:18:08 AM »
Onya mate, don't worry about the minority of prunes. Just keep booking those gigs. :)

Offline guttedfoetus

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 03:36:49 AM »
Hey kellogz you guys enjoying the company of big drinkers wasn't the impression I got on Friday  :P sorry for being a nuisance dude won't happen again. Nothin wrong with the red rocket room though, about the best venue going atm just sux there's fuck all on there lately.
fuck yourself mothercunter

Offline KellogZ

• WF Private
    • View Profile
    • Rocket Room perth
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 08:05:56 AM »
Hey kellogz you guys enjoying the company of big drinkers wasn't the impression I got on Friday  :P sorry for being a nuisance dude won't happen again. Nothin wrong with the red rocket room though, about the best venue going atm just sux there's fuck all on there lately.

hahaha man its all about big drinking without falling over and looking drunk, i like to think of it as being "ninjadrunk"

ive just had a heap of posters and gig details come through and it seems there is plenty of metal on the cards over the next 2 months, cock yeah
Danny "Kellogz" Keller
info@rocketroom.com.au
www.rocketroom.com.au

Offline DevolvedEmperor

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 07:20:44 PM »
errrrr....just not on a Saturday night, apparently, because it's turning into a male strip bar or some weird shit.

http://www.perthbands.com/forum/index.php/topic,28623.0.html

Offline Sheriff Cunt

• WF Colonel
  • Lok'tar ogar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 11:00:15 PM »
Boo! Hiss!
I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - For the Horde!

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 11:03:38 PM »
errrrr....just not on a Saturday night, apparently, because it's turning into a male strip bar or some weird shit.

http://www.perthbands.com/forum/index.php/topic,28623.0.html

wtf.

Offline PremierMaelstrom

• WF Colonel
  • PROGRESS
    • View Profile
    • NeXuS - just fucking metal
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 11:12:00 PM »
i love balls.
It all catches up on you when you slow down ...

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 07:29:29 AM »
I like the Rocket Room and I like metal gigs but the Rocket Room has also earned a reputation for misguided and unjust security staff. I've had issues there before and I know I'm not the only who has. I feel put off going there unless there is something particularly good on. 

Offline KellogZ

• WF Private
    • View Profile
    • Rocket Room perth
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 03:40:22 AM »
I like the Rocket Room and I like metal gigs but the Rocket Room has also earned a reputation for misguided and unjust security staff. I've had issues there before and I know I'm not the only who has. I feel put off going there unless there is something particularly good on. 

yeah ive heard this one a few times lately as well, and unfortunately the people that have been saying it, are dudes who were just being dickheads on a particular and don't really wanna just accept "hey i was making a dick out of myself, ill just go back next week". I have to kick people out every week, which includes my own friends on certain occasions thats just life sometimes.

I really dont know of many other places around where you can still actually get pissed provided you behave, hence why i wont goto the rosemount anymore lol
Danny "Kellogz" Keller
info@rocketroom.com.au
www.rocketroom.com.au

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 06:50:45 AM »

yeah ive heard this one a few times lately as well, and unfortunately the people that have been saying it, are dudes who were just being dickheads on a particular and don't really wanna just accept "hey i was making a dick out of myself, ill just go back next week". I have to kick people out every week, which includes my own friends on certain occasions thats just life sometimes.

I really dont know of many other places around where you can still actually get pissed provided you behave, hence why i wont goto the rosemount anymore lol

I get the feeling a certain flame-haired moderator will be adding his 0.02c to this particular subject if he ever sees it.. :)

Offline metalhawk

• WF Colonel
  • ...never too old to headbang!!!
    • View Profile
    • enforce homepage
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 06:40:31 PM »
i like this idea with kickstart playing after 12... for all you single guys you know where to go after 12 to pick up a over excited lady???????????????? :rofl:

Offline DreadLine

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • www.ozfishforsale.com.au
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 07:19:47 PM »
i like this idea with kickstart playing after 12... for all you single guys you know where to go after 12 to pick up a over excited lady???????????????? :rofl:
That actually could be a stroke of genius!!  ;)

Offline cdtBEAST

• WF Colonel
  • sounds like a bowl of fuck
    • View Profile
    • www.combineddeathtoll.com
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 03:37:54 AM »
Nice one Guy. Mental note recorded.  :D

Offline Wraith

• WF Corporal
  • Dont fear Death, Embrace Life!
    • View Profile
    • Reapers Riddle Official Page
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 02:31:07 PM »
The Rocket Room is SICK!! Amps, Civic and Rocket are the best going atm metal scene wise. We lost a few good venues in the last coupla years

R.I.P: Castle, Hyde Park and Foundry

but in saying that since these places have dropped out the gig magnitude has hell fallen. its harder for the new metal bands in the scene to break in, and i'm noticing a trend of the main Perth Metal/Rock Bands circulating.

We need another 'Castle' like venue to help all those newly formed metal groups shake off their cobwebs and create a name. You think the Rocket would be interested in hosting a "Metal Forge" night? (Forging the new scene) on a sunday or something? New bands have pretty epic pulling power.... maybe trial something like that

Support the locals scene!! \m/
"Red and Blue flashes through, while my body pleads to sleep,
Your image is the last I see as the darkness devours me"

Offline Wraith

• WF Corporal
  • Dont fear Death, Embrace Life!
    • View Profile
    • Reapers Riddle Official Page
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 02:35:25 PM »
but in saying that since these places have dropped out the gig magnitude has hell fallen

this was not meant to be taken out of context - the Civic has done a Mad job of hosting events like 'Civic Duty' and 'Bastardfest' to name a few. More saying its harder to book metal shows and The Railway and Swan aren't exactly the easiest to pull a crowd to
"Red and Blue flashes through, while my body pleads to sleep,
Your image is the last I see as the darkness devours me"

Offline SchizoDeluxe

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Perth Metal Meetup group
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 08:15:14 PM »
If the metal scene is supposed to be so great in Perth and there are tons of metalheads, then where the fuck are they all? It seems people love to talk about having more metal gigs but none of these cunts ever wanna show up. Fucking support these bands and then maybe well have some decent fucking venues for these bands!  ::)

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 05:27:24 AM »
Yeah, that ought to do it.