Author Topic: WAMI SOUNDWORKS SHOWCASE - May 24 with Chaos Divine, Enforce, Empires Laid Waste  (Read 2716 times)

Offline Tittiesandbeer

• WF Colonel
  • Grog On
    • View Profile
On Tuesday May 24 as part of the 2011 WAMi Festival, the Bakery complex will play host to a heavy metal showcase, organised by Soundworks in conjunction with WAM.

Showcasing the current diversity and calibre of local original metal, the evening will feature performances from established metal rockers and WAMi Award nominees Chaos Divine, WA metal stalwarts Enforce and youngsters Empires Laid Waste.

Established metal band Chaos Divine are up once again for Best Hardcore/Metal Act, following nominations in both 2009 and 2010, and will be closing the Tuesday night showcase. The band, renowned as one of Australia?s premier metal bands, have received a number of industry awards and critical acclaim for their albums and live performances.

Regulars on the Perth metal scene, Enforce, will be pulling out all the stops to excite at the showcase. Since forming in 1997, the band has supported a number of high profile national and international metal acts and continue to be quiet achievers on the Australian metal scene.

Young 5 piece Empires Laid Waste will complete the showcase lineup. Fresh from released their first album, ?The Age of Decay?, in November 2010, the band are preparing to embark on their first national tour in August 2011.

Doors for the showcase open at 7.30pm, and tickets are $10. For those in the industry, the International Touring Panel workshop presented by Soundworks Touring will be happening at the Bakery directly before the showcase from 6-7.30pm, costing $5 for non-WAM members (free entry to workshop for members).

The Soundworks WAMi Festival showcase is being held as part of a week long showcase series at the Bakery, featuring live music from a number of genres from jazz and blues through to heavy metal.

The 2011 WAMi festival runs from May 21-28. For more information on the many events happening during the week see www.wam.asn.au.

The Bakery Artrage Complex 233 James St Northbridge
6.00 - 7.30pm International Touring Panel Workshop  $5 entry
7.30 - close band performances $10 entry
with
CHAOS DIVINE
ENFORCE
EMPIRES LAID WASTE

Offline Tittiesandbeer

• WF Colonel
  • Grog On
    • View Profile

Offline EvilElvis

• WF Colonel
  • 1000% Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
    • Psychonaut
Enforce looks great in pink  :err:

Offline Merlok

• WF Colonel
  • Keep the metal faith alive!! - Chuck Schuldiner
    • View Profile

enforce would look good in any color  :headbang:

Offline Tittiesandbeer

• WF Colonel
  • Grog On
    • View Profile
tomorrow night!

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
quite likely see you there cunts!!!!  :headbang:
Mongeese like results

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
quite likely see you there cunts!!!!  :headbang:

Will definitely see you there! I've been looking forward to seeing Enforce live for probably 8 or so years. Chaos I havent seen since they supported Slayer at the tin shed, and I've never heard Empires, so this should be a very interesting gig, and Im really pumped about it! Fuck I love being in the city now. Life is gooooood.  ;D
Mongeese like results

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
pathetic turnout.... but fuck the bands tore it up! Empires, who I had never heard, were pretty damn cool! Very tasty metal, and right up my alley.

Speaking of alleys, I just about had a prolapse when I first heard Enforce. Ive waited YEARS to see this band, and they are pretty much the exact kind of heavy I like! Very well played, obviously a tight unit and you can tell they have played together for years. Unfortunately next time you guys plays Im back in Gero on my fortnightly children visit, but every time Enforce play and Im home, Im there dude! I think I may have found my new favourite local band.... though its a toss up with....

Chaos Divine - Ive been a fan from the very start, but havent seen you guys since Slayer at the tin shed. Tight as fuck, dynamic, epic... what more could you want?
Oh, Simmo - that PRS... what an awesomely tasty sounding guitar that is! I was almost melting when you first fired that baby up.

All in all, a cool night, but I thought there would have been a few more people there, especially considering the bands on offer. Still, to all those that did go, well done for supporting the scene and the bands.
Mongeese like results

Offline Merlok

• WF Colonel
  • Keep the metal faith alive!! - Chuck Schuldiner
    • View Profile

yeah turnout was pathetic, wats with people turning up and then sitting out side having drinking beer while the bands play. i dont get the point

i wish i coulda stayed for chaos but was flying up to work next morning

enforce were awesome as allways but they always rip it up =P

cant wait to hear more of the new album live  :headbang:

Offline cyanide_christ

• WF Colonel
  • Recording, engineering, mixing services available!
    • View Profile
    • Chaos Divine official web page
pathetic turnout.... but fuck the bands tore it up! Empires, who I had never heard, were pretty damn cool! Very tasty metal, and right up my alley.

Speaking of alleys, I just about had a prolapse when I first heard Enforce. Ive waited YEARS to see this band, and they are pretty much the exact kind of heavy I like! Very well played, obviously a tight unit and you can tell they have played together for years. Unfortunately next time you guys plays Im back in Gero on my fortnightly children visit, but every time Enforce play and Im home, Im there dude! I think I may have found my new favourite local band.... though its a toss up with....

Chaos Divine - Ive been a fan from the very start, but havent seen you guys since Slayer at the tin shed. Tight as fuck, dynamic, epic... what more could you want?
Oh, Simmo - that PRS... what an awesomely tasty sounding guitar that is! I was almost melting when you first fired that baby up.

All in all, a cool night, but I thought there would have been a few more people there, especially considering the bands on offer. Still, to all those that did go, well done for supporting the scene and the bands.

Thanks mate I appreciate it! Yeah I just bought a new amp and that was the first gig I've played with it. That guitar and that amp makes me jizz a little! I'm loving it.

Thanks to those of you who showed up and stuck around so late on a school night. Can't expect a huge turnout on a Tuesday night at a venue most people have never been to so it was good to see a few people rock up.

Offline metalhawk

• WF Colonel
  • ...never too old to headbang!!!
    • View Profile
    • enforce homepage
it was a practice night for us!!!!  ;D.. Glad we put a smile on someones dial... good to get feedback... gigs a plenty for Enforce to come..stay tuned!!!!! :headbang: