Author Topic: Alls quiet on the Western Front  (Read 20196 times)

Offline Manny

• WF Colonel
  • Heavy Metal is the Law
    • View Profile
    • EVOLUTION MACHINE
Re: Alls quiet on the Western Front
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 05:58:20 PM »
It?s a tragic story of a bizarre fetish, an innocent young girl, hints of organised crime and a dodgy priest.
Evolution Machine                      Noisy Pixels Photography

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 07:49:47 PM »
erectionhole (or whatever that fucking name is supposed to say): I'm so rarely serious on here it would terrify you. CHILL YOU TO YOUR FUCKING BONES, SON.

I do miss the days where people wanted to beat my face in for random and unnecessary remarks I forgot practically as I typed them, but at the same time, at least my nose is mostly in tact.

SOD: I love you too. Nosaj just gives me too many opportunities to ignore them all.

;D It's a song by Demilich, Erecshyrinol. Erectionhole is fine as well.

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 02:29:42 AM »
everyone knows that the internet isn't serious.
You dont seriously believe that line, do you?

On this forum alone it has become very serious and personal for some members, in real life also.

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 03:22:26 AM »
I won't dispute Daz's contribution that's for sure.

I also won't dispute it's clearly the moderators faults I've never been banned. Shame on you guys!

I'm passionate about metal too, I just happen to listen to music for different reasons to most people. Any band can overcome horrible musicianship provided they don't take themselves too seriously in my opinion. I'd rather listen to a band (and have conversations) that are amusing to me, not discuss every nuance of some band playing perfectly arranged music that took them 5 years to compile and inspires little more than a sneeze from me.

nihilist: you carry on in way thats cluey tho man, its sarcasm, wit, and its fuckn entertaining at times, its fucking hilarious to me anyway, but that's the thing, it shows that you arent some dumbass here to be deadset destructive to the site. I relate to the sarcasm, im exactly the same, and it's so much better when cunts dont get it.

There's been plenty of deadset wankers on here, even since ive been here, that are so obviously cunts. That's the big difference. But dont get me wrong, yer still a cunt, get fucked! :P  ;D Dont change a thing i say. Only thing i will say is, the intesity isnt there as much mate of late, FIRE UP.

The problem here atm in IMO,
its become somewhat politicaly correct, people dont spew out crazy remarks without thinking and shit. It makes for good debate, fights and mayhem, but good ones ya know? not fuckbags so obviously trying be cunts and really getting upset.

I agree with Jez with alot of the real clicky die hard blackmetalers carrying on pulling the piss outta all other music etc being a fuckn pain in the ass, obviously not all BM's of course, you rememeber some of the ones that have been thru here? Yeah those cunts.

What ya gotta remember tho ,
is alot of these guys show their age and intellect in their first few posts, so really, ya just gotta not get sucked in, Does their opinion really matter to you?? if not then who gives a shit, you just wait till you find out who it is, and then when you see em at gig you give em a nice kidney punch when no ones looking.
Give em a taste of what "real" pain actually does taste like. If that not yer style then fuck them, whatever....I'll do it.

I think you should come back Jez, end of the day some of the ingredients that made WF what it was sometime ago, arent here now. After all the arguments and dif of opinions, really this cant be denied, the evidence is here.

If ive offended anyone here just now, FFFUCCKKK'N SUCKK a CHICKENS GIBBLETTTTSSSS!! :P :P :P ;) ;) There we go nihilist, that more like it aye?.

Fuck you aLL!

By the way. First Officer Cunt.................Nice plane braaaaooooh!

Oh and check out my bands page on "reverbnation" you cunts, all other music is shit, this is the real deal. Even better than black metal. hahahaha, ok now i have to say im joking or im just asking for it.

2ndgraderenegade....reverbnation....my space....please leave an abusive message, tell us we suck etc. thanks. :headbang:

This fuker is shaping up to be a good thread.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 03:38:40 AM by goat »

Offline Catalyst

• WF Colonel
  • wish you were beer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 05:51:07 AM »
Are you kidding?   I might not "get the internet.  Maybe I DO take it too personally.  Maybe I have to accept that fucking abuse from two-faced keyboard heroes are the way things are these days, but I can't.  That's who I am and I aint offering the smallest apology for that, I don't need fucking approval and could give a flying fuck at a rolling donut about disapproval.

In the 8 months since I logged out out of WF there has been no fuckstains harassing me on FB, and yet only a few days after I log back onto WF I am already being followed back to FB by some anonymous pussbag abusing me and filling all my topics with slander.  I told you, the trolls have dug in deep here and they hide under their false names, they just can't wait to start up again.  WF is just poison now. 

In this case I just blocked this twit out, he aint worth my time.  It just disappoints me that he is one of you.   

Offline Gringo

• WF Colonel
  • Bear it a little longer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2011, 06:36:49 AM »

Offline rulezy696

• WF Colonel
  • THE KHARIOT KIT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2011, 09:16:44 PM »

(an intimate portrait of Mago Haydz)

Get off the fucking computer and do something constructive with your life for once

Mikey performs 'Age of Wonders: March of the Halflings' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy3vrGSvlr8

Mikey performs 'Khariot: Malediction Eclipse' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYRSokEcKc

Offline erecshyrinol

• WF Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2011, 10:38:04 PM »
Meh. I take alot of the internet not-so-seriously. I mainly go to other forums anyway where everyone knows that the whole tough guy act over the internet "I'll bash you cunt in real life" doesn't work, and insult and abuse is all in good fun and easily forgotten. Mind you most of the members have at least known each other for a few years, even if it's just over the internet.

Offline Metalez

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • wm3.org
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 12:10:16 AM »

(an intimate portrait of Mago Haydz)

Get off the fucking computer and do something constructive with your life for once

Haydz!!!! Those years in Gero were unkind to you mate  :P

I agree guys, over the years WF has seen its share of Idiots but for the most part they were always in the minority and childish 'carry on' was quickly sorted out by the pecking order here. These days there seems to be a 'Lord of the Flies' thing going on which makes it irritating more than anything.

I understand that WF is an open forum and with that there will always be vastly differing opinions and personality clashes. But, Keyboard Warriors using the anonymity of the internet to threaten and harass someone personally is a whole other story and pretty gutless so I totally hear you Jez.

To the kiddies on here, this isnt a daycare centre and whether you are aware of it or not you are representing WA metal in the wider Metal community. So think again before posting yet another picture of My Little Pony or whatever else its been over the years. It reeks of being an immature, know nothing, been nowhere Wanker with nothing better to contribute.

Being one of the older generation of Metalheads in Perth, well before the inception of WF as we know it. I have personally seen the the difference WF has made to the local Metal scene. With Daz at the helm, WF has totally contributed to rebuilding and reinforcing something that looked pretty bleak at one stage.
I've told Daz many times, Its created a sense of community & cameraderie that never existed in those early years. People were more inclined to want to meet each other in person after meeting online. I've met some amazing friends though Western Front, been to some killer parties (thanks Longi) and have seen the Perth Metal scene thriving for well over the last decade. Daz played a massive part of that and props to him  8)

I totally agree with Damo, my life has changed too, I have a family now and spare time is a factor for me. I actually visit quite regularly but will only post if there is something intelligent or interesting going on. When I get here and see post after post of infantile crap I lose interest pretty quickly.
I will still visit WF because like SOD I glean all my gig info from these pages and I also believe that it will be back to how it used to be one day.
Fingers crossed.

There you go....Thats the most I've posted in years  ;)

Ez

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2011, 03:21:43 AM »

In the 8 months since I logged out out of WF there has been no fuckstains harassing me on FB, and yet only a few days after I log back onto WF I am already being followed back to FB by some anonymous pussbag abusing me and filling all my topics with slander. 

Thats messed up and sucks that its happening to you, some people have too much time on their hands (keyboards?).

Theres a weird 'can give it but cant take it' mentality that some people have. As soon as there is an opinion about something they disagree with, instead of discussing it (or arguing whatever) the opinion is taken immediately as a personal attack. Theres a difference and some people cant or wont know the difference.
Critical Mass RTRFM 92.1
Every Wednesday from 9pm

Offline chantian_deanie

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2011, 04:07:01 AM »
omfg fucking cry some more why don't you. Anyway I'M back now so you'll be right again.

Offline ironguardian

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • The problem with Perth metal.
    • View Profile
    • Iron Guardian Industries
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2011, 06:59:13 AM »
This really has turned into an interesting discussion, probably the most people we've had in one thread for a while.

Jez mentioned that trolls used to be chased off in the past by WF members, instead of relying on the mod team to remove them. I've been a member here for, must be around 4 years, maybe a little more now, and that's always been the case, at least as far as I've noticed. Most trolls get bored and eventually leave. Daz, and most of the other members here aren't in favour of heavy handed moderation. Indeed, the one time I got drunk and decided to delete a whole heap of crap a troll had posted, it wasn't well recieved at all. However, if someone is seriously bugging you on here, pissing you off with personal attacks, and leaking into other aspects of your life, then speak up about it. Don't just bite back, and complain that we've done nothing about it, but actually get in touch with one of the mods, and we'll see what needs to be done. Otherwise, you'll be treated like adults, who have the ability to communicate your thoughts and resolve conflicts.

It was WF that helped me make some new friends when I first started to discover the Perth matel scene. I loved the raw vibe that existed here, the conversations, the commnity and the abuse. WF is more than just a website, it is a legacy that will continue to leave it's mark on the local scene, regardless of which trolls are currently trying their luck.

I noticed just the other day a gig review was posted to the main site. It was great to see things like that are still happening. Jez's album reviews were always a good read. We've a lot of creative bastards around here, and we could do a lot more for the community if we put our minds to it.

omfg fucking cry some more why don't you. Anyway I'M back now so you'll be right again.

Offline guttedfoetus

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2011, 09:36:51 AM »
So like most cunts I've been checking on this thread for awhile now and didn't really wanna get in on it but I've just had a bunch of pale ale at a king parrot gig (fuckin awesome BTW) and wanted to say/ask does anyone ever look at metal forums from other states? They're fucked, no one posts on them for months at a time and its just depressing shit that makes that states metal scene look like fuck all. I check this sight all the time but don't post so much anymore but a repeating conversation I continue having with people at shows is how bad it sux that the scenes fallen apart over the last few years. I don't wanna sound like a cunt trying to tell everyone what to do but the only way we can fix all this is to build a delorian and go back in time and stay there... or if people made the effort they use to ie posting on here now and again or actually going out to see bands to be supportive. I'm not at every show but if I'm free I make the effort just to be another stroke on the door list or another face in the crowd. So can everyone please make a bit more effort all round if possible? (Not saying everyone can) or hold my hand til things are back to normal OR build a fuckin delorian. BTW I don't care if I mispelt, used bad grammar or this paragraphs too long, get a cunt up ya!
fuck yourself mothercunter

Offline DemiseOfSanity

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2011, 10:25:49 AM »
Whinge fucking whinge.... as long as i know when the next gig is and who's got gear for sale, i don't give a fuck when you last got your tampon changed. Seriously, eat meat, drink beer and SHUT THE FUCK UP...

Embrace nihilist's sarcasm(?), mago's pure fucking randomness. Stop crying like the self entitled princesses you are and enjoy THE FUCKING MUSIC; BE IT THRASH,
DEATH, PROG, BLUES,  BLACK FLOWER POWER DISCO SCREAM CORE ISM FUNKTASTIC GROOVE DJENT. It's all better then the autotune crap they try pass of as music these days. Elitism only drives off potential fans.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD (/SATAN/THE DUDE) ENOUGH WITH THE RELENTLESS FUCKING BLAST BEATS, i want to hear music. not how fast your drummer can play while your down tuned slush groans in the background

P.S Thanks to Kentucky Bourbon for sponsoring this post

Offline goat

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2011, 02:45:32 PM »

Holy mother of your Gods! Why? How?

Offline metalhawk

• WF Colonel
  • ...never too old to headbang!!!
    • View Profile
    • enforce homepage
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2011, 12:02:50 AM »
face book has taken away the activity here...when that dies they will be back..:)...its not cenotaph just as yet!!!!  :headbang:

Offline littlewing

• WF Major
  • Trease, have a cone and shut the fuck up
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2011, 07:10:42 AM »
I still check WF from time to time, but the MAIN reason I'm not on as much these days is because work blocked it.
Seeing as I spend most of the day on the computer at work, I'm less inclined to get online at home, especially if everyone is whining at each other.
I think it was a combination of both. Thats my view anyways
Quick! Make a sound like a dying giraffe!

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2011, 04:57:33 PM »
well, seems my mission has been at least semi-accomplished. I got a started a serious thread that got to 2 pages, and stayed on topic, with only one picture of a plane, and no ponys! Good work guys. Good to see there is still some life around here.
Mongeese like results

Offline BlackDeath

• SUPREME LEGION Operative
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • SUPREME LEGION FaceBook Page
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2011, 07:10:17 PM »
My disappearance has been due to a busier personal life also, although I will become more involved in the scene once again soon! I think the same can be said for Daz and a lot of us now older WF community though, and then FaceBook probably contributes to the lack of activity also. People come and go, and I'm sure there are plenty more that still visit but no longer post.

I think intelligent conversation can still be had amongst a little immaturity. This is the internet, us moderators aren't censors though, and everyone is free to have their opinion. As for keyboard warriors and the like, if there is one thing all these years of being on different forums has taught me it's been to become more "thick-skinned". I think the ones here pale in comparison to some other forums, so we should think ourselves lucky. People should learn to cop a taunt or negative comment on the chin then get off your arse, retaliate if you must, and continue on...don't waste your energy brooding over it. I bet the "troll(s)" keep prodding Jez just for the amusement.

As for "out-siders" feeling alienated, the forum doesn't really give an accurate overview of the community so I can understand how people may make that assumption. The core WF group are actually some of the most welcoming and friendly people, so others have no need to feel intimidated.

Activity here has always gone up & down, but I'm positive it will improve again in the near future!  :cunning:
SUPREME LEGION: From haunting melodies to obscure brutality, we hail the hard & heavy!

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2011, 07:21:04 PM »
yeah...fuckin cunts fuck em...
"Log off. That cookie shit makes me nervous!"

Offline WarNick

• WF Alcohobbit
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2011, 04:27:38 AM »
Reputation bred spite from/between regulars and segregated groups. :P

But seriously, no idea. People just got sick of people or something.. Too many bleeding farts & troll feeders. And then there's the mods.   :err: :cunning:

Facebook inevitably had an effect, much like it destroyed myspace's popularity. There's just too many waves of communication where everyone knows everyone else. If you know everyone that posts on WF why chat to them on here and not Facebook, MSN or god forbid - the telephone.  :hmm:

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2011, 04:17:03 AM »
If ive offended anyone here just now, FFFUCCKKK'N SUCKK a CHICKENS GIBBLETTTTSSSS!! :P :P :P ;) ;) There we go nihilist, that more like it aye?.

If you want to upset Nihilist tell him you like him. Works every time. Doesn't it, Buddy  ;D

the one time I got drunk
Weakling

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2011, 03:27:15 PM »
I thought everyone liked me?
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2011, 04:33:21 PM »
I thought everyone liked me?

love.... the word you are looking for is love..
Mongeese like results

Offline whammy

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2011, 09:09:26 PM »
"reputation" score!
"Log off. That cookie shit makes me nervous!"