Author Topic: Video Hits - Dead at 24  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Trolld

• WF Colonel
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
Video Hits - Dead at 24
« on: July 06, 2011, 01:01:54 AM »
Good Riddance !!!
Good work Lauchy & David Mott!

Ten has decided to pull the plug on its long running music show Video Hits after 24 years.

The final show will be broadcast on Saturday, August 6 with hosts Dylan Lewis and Faustina "Fuzzy" Agolley celebrating its contribution to the music industry over the past two decades.

Ten's chief programming officer David Mott says the decision to axe the long running show was made because of the changing nature of the music industry.

"Video Hits' contribution to the network and the music industry over the past 24 years has been outstanding," Mott says.

"Music and how people listen to it, watch it and enjoy it has changed dramatically in last few years and now is the perfect time for the institution that is Video Hits to sign off. The show will always hold a special place in Ten's history."

Video Hits premiered on Ten on February 15, 1987 and has helped establish the careers of many Australian artists including Missy Higgins, Angus & Julia Stone and Art Vs Science.

It also attracted some of the music industry's biggest international stars such as Beyonce and U2.

While it started as a music video clip program it evolved to include interviews and live music events

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/ten-pulls-the-plug-on-video-hits-20110705-1h0ee.html#ixzz1RDgW87kE

Offline schist

• Oinahman
  • Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Video Hits - Dead at 24
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 01:59:57 AM »
It's been on a steady downward spiral for the last 5 years ...

Mercy killing, anyone?

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 10:50:17 PM »
"Video Hits' contribution to the network and the music industry over the past 24 years has been outstanding," Mott says.
I wonder if he said that with a straight face!

Offline Grim

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/theuncreation
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 03:29:42 AM »
I was going to rubbish the show too, then after a moment I remembered looking forward to Video Hits in my early teens every Saturday. I lost interest when metal became my main playing\listening style and Video Hits didn't cater for my tates. It's a mediocre death for a show that once in an influential position.

Offline EvilElvis

• WF Colonel
  • 1000% Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
    • Psychonaut
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 09:28:01 PM »
VIDEO SHIT.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 10:54:16 PM »
aint got shit on RAGE!
Mongeese like results

Offline Senton

• WF Major
  • Teeth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 11:45:03 PM »
One time visiting a friends house, they had VH in the background and 'Jizz In My Pants' came on. It took me 30 secs to crack up at the lyrics  :laugh:
Critical Mass RTRFM 92.1
Every Wednesday from 9pm