Author Topic: From Isolation - self titled free ep reveiwed  (Read 1711 times)

Offline DreadLine

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • www.ozfishforsale.com.au
From Isolation - self titled free ep reveiwed
« on: July 20, 2011, 07:32:23 PM »
We finally got some reveiws of our self titled Free Ep - this is from 'Spirit of Metal' webzine!
I will get the link and post it later. (I'm on my phone)

Quote from: GandhiEgo, Thursday 26 May 2011

Remember: Deathcore = Death Metal + Hardcore. From Isolation know this and do it well.

Don't be misled by the Progressive Death Metal label shown on their page, From Isolation, a recent act from Australia, plays Deathcore. Ok, and now don?t be misled by the term Deathcore. Nowadays, when people think Deathcore they think Avenged Sevenfold or Annotations of an Autopsy but the real Deathcore that is indeed the encounter between Death Metal and Hardcore as Dying Fetus play it so, couldn't be further away from a music whose "Mallcore" labeling would be more fitting.

From Isolation does indeed mix Death Metal and Hardcore together. The production is fine and not too clinical and we're not overwhelmed by an avalanche of constantly shifting time signatures. It's aggressive, combining the double vocals of Death Metal growls and the harsh "cleaner" vocals of Hardcore together. Musicianship is rather high and these guys probably could take on any so-called ?Technical Brutal Death Metal? acts.

As written earlier don?t look for Progressive hints as you would for the music of Pan.Thy.Monium or Opeth because there?s none of that stuff. Complex songwriting does not necessarily imply Progressive elements. Are Origin a Death Prog band? I didn?t think so either.

I enjoyed most of the tracks musically speaking and brutality-wise as well. I?ll just pass on the cleaner ?indie? vocals found on ?Born From Rape? which don?t serve the song as well as the band may have thought but it?s a short part so it?s bearable. The rest is sheer aggressiveness and it?s fine by me. The bad news is that if you want a physical copy the postage will kill you (unless you?re from Australia), the good news, it?s available for free download on their last.fm page. Got that? Get it.

The actual article is here:
http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/album-groupe-From_Isolation-nom_album-From_Isolation-l-en.html
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:27:39 AM by DreadLine »

Offline DreadLine

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: From Isolation - self titled free ep reveiwed
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 05:29:13 AM »
Fixed the link to the English version.... for some reason I had it linked to the Portuguese version!

Offline DreadLine

• WF Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 02:49:04 AM »
Woo spam, yeah.
Can some body with mod powers clean them up please.  :D

[All done! /mod]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 03:02:45 AM by chancellorisgod »

Offline Metal For Fishes

• WF Private
  • Cause fishes have gots no good metals to listen to
    • View Profile
    • Metal For Fishes @ Myspace
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 02:52:39 AM »
Great reveiw guys, sounds really good! Can't wait for the album!  :headbang:
I think there are a few more reveiws I have yet to get to ya's too.  ;)