Author Topic: Digital TV in regional WA  (Read 5125 times)

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
Digital TV in regional WA
« on: November 08, 2010, 11:04:45 PM »
Apparently regional WA isnt going digital until 2013 - this includes oneHD, the Channel 7 and 9 digital channels etc. Currently all I can get is ABC2, ABC3, ABC news, SBS 2. Not good enough. I have a foxtel dish on my roof, and a digital ready TV and DVD player - what Im wondering is, is there any way for me to pick these channels up (even if I have to buy something else)?
Mongeese like results

Offline chancellorisgod

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Original Sin Photography
Re: Digital TV in regional WA
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 02:41:44 AM »
AFAIK you won't be able to pick anything up at the moment, pretty sure the broadcasts don't reach that far so they're having to upgrade all the transmitters out that way...

Offline Gringo

• WF Colonel
  • Bear it a little longer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 03:32:53 AM »
If you have foxtel you aint missing much.

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 06:29:47 AM »
If you have foxtel you aint getting much for your buck.

If you have the ABC channels then you're not missing much on the other channels. Although the new 7 mate (73) is pretty cool with the classics like Knight Rider and The A Team etc. ;D

My advice would be to get a media player and 'acquire' the shows you want to watch. It's like free foxtel except with good stuff, and you can watch anything on demand.
;)

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 03:01:46 PM »
I had foxtel for the last 3 years, cancelled it to switch from Telstra to direct through foxtel and the 3-4 week down time made us realize we dont actually miss it. We also realized that without anything to watch on TV we are more active as a family and the kids spend way more time playing out the back yard and stuff.

The only thing I want it for is NBA games, but even minimum cost for me to have ESPN is about $70/month - thats about $10 per game, if I even get time to watch them all. OneHD has 3 games a week from what I have been told (ESPN has 2).

Thanks Daz, might have to look into a media player setup. Didnt even think of that avenue.
Mongeese like results

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 03:08:02 PM »
You can torrent most sports, I'm sure NBA is no exception.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Black Label

• WF Lieutenant
  • Right Next Door To Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 05:21:45 AM »
if you just watch it for the NBA consider League Pass, I don't have it but a mate does and it is awesome quality.

Would be much cheaper (and every game as opposed to 2 or 3 a week) than Fox

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »
if you just watch it for the NBA consider League Pass, I don't have it but a mate does and it is awesome quality.

Would be much cheaper (and every game as opposed to 2 or 3 a week) than Fox

That sure has crossed my mind. Might just have to do that.
Mongeese like results

Offline sheppo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 05:03:05 PM »
Apparently regional WA isnt going digital until 2013 - this includes oneHD, the Channel 7 and 9 digital channels etc. Currently all I can get is ABC2, ABC3, ABC news, SBS 2. Not good enough. I have a foxtel dish on my roof, and a digital ready TV and DVD player - what Im wondering is, is there any way for me to pick these channels up (even if I have to buy something else)?

we get the extra abc and sbs channels in Australind but appartently if we get a bigger antenna we can pick the other channels up. My sister gets them clear as day at her house on the other side of australind but somedays the reception goes in and out (for some reason tuesdays are the worst). Our next door neighbours get them all too so maybe try a larger antenna?  I only want One HD for Major league baseball anyways.

Offline ChuckBilly

• WF Colonel
  • They set him up, he'll bring them down
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 07:42:25 PM »
My mate has a pass where he can watch NBA games over the internet, apparently its a really good quality and speed, cost is like $70 bucks
Vagrancy wasn't it? That's gonna look real good on his grave stone in Arlington: Here lies John Rambo, winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor, survivor of countless incursions behind enemy lines. Killed for vagrancy in Jerkwater, USA.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 10:26:04 PM »
My mate has a pass where he can watch NBA games over the internet, apparently its a really good quality and speed, cost is like $70 bucks

the full NBA league pass package is roughly $150 a season. That means you have access to EVERY game, and you can watch old games. If you get the basic package you only get to watch games within 24 hours of them being live. I think that package is about $115. We're only 8-10 games (per team) into an 82 game season. Im definitely considering buying the premium package.
Mongeese like results

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 03:52:42 PM »
since some cunt spammed up my thread... I might as well comment on it.

When this started I was obviously living in Geraldton, pining for NBA games. I moved to Perth May last year, just before the finals started. Of course, OneHD didnt play Finals games - only ESPN. That was tolerable because I knew that by the start of the next season I could enjoy the entire season on OneHD for free. Then came the NBA lockout, which basically caused OneHD to drop the NBA altogether. I STILL havent watched any NBA games apart from a handful I torrented (but already knew the outcomes of anyway!). Will I ever get to watch NBA? Fuck this, Im moving to Chicago!
Mongeese like results