Offline Stormrider

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • \m/ \m/
    • View Profile
    • Riot Squad
FFY
« on: March 13, 2014, 05:42:32 AM »
Good to see this old beast back up & running!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

RIOT SQUAD - The New Force in THRASH
https://www.facebook.com/Riot.Squad.aus

Offline Harvester

• WF Private
    • View Profile
Re: FFY
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 05:50:21 AM »
Bloody Oath!

Offline MirrorMirror

• WF Major
  • \m/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 06:09:50 AM »
ooo yeah!
May my weary soul find release for a while, at the moment of death I will smile.

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 03:20:59 PM »
Kind of weird to be honest. Last time I was posting on here I basically knew none of you. Now, since moving to Perth, Ive met heaps of you, and seen heaps of others around at gigs and that. Its lost its mystique, that's for sure. Still, good to see the old girl up and running again.
Mongeese like results

Offline DamoESP

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 06:56:34 PM »
Yeah, have missed the place!
Check out our band, Arkarion:
http://www.arkarion.com

Offline EvilElvis

• WF Colonel
  • 1000% Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
    • Psychonaut
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 07:02:58 PM »
 :headbang:

Offline Alone

• WF Corporal
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 07:15:10 PM »
Full points for effort, but I don't like your chances. In the last few years ALL of the metal forums in Australia have died - Brismetal, Metalshop, Deflection 7, AUBM, Metal Obsession, etc. Everyone's moved to Facebook. Reason? Facebook is more versatile and among other things takes care of one important flaw of a web forum - trolling. Remember The Gates of Hell forum? Yes yes, I have been on either side of it myself, blah blah, but I can see how the average person would gravitate towards the more positive environment facebook provides. In the very least if you have witnessed it, you can be sure to have witnessed an era.

RIP, the metal forum.

Offline TheSlave

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 08:16:05 PM »
Can't believe I still remembered my password from so long ago.  :P

Offline TnT

• WF Supreme Commander
  • WF Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Western Front
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 12:34:12 AM »
Alone: back just before the site got hacked things were starting to slow down here, and people started to gravitate to facebook, so I thought I'd see how it goes without the forums. The results were fairly conclusive - the scene died in the arse, even though there you could argue that there are more people into metal.
The thing that set WF apart from other forums was that it was more of a community vibe, and most people knew each other. If there was any attempts at trolling, generally everyone would band together and tear them a new one, and the moderators would step in if need be.

A lot of metal heads have become sick of facebook and it's proliferation of nonsense and time wasting. It has a lot of other cons too - you can only interact with and find out about things from the circle of people you have "friended", there are no proper discussions as within a day or two they just disappear, and unless you are willing to pay facebook you only reach 5-10% of your audience.

At the end of the day it all comes down to the quality of people involved and we had it before, and we can build it up again, to be a force to be reckoned with. Anyone that is into metal and none of the bullshit is welcome here with open arms.
 :headbang:

Offline ded

• WF Colonel
  • Flopsy The Cunt Faced Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 03:09:30 AM »
I would love nothing more than WF to be the only standing Australian metal forum!  At least then maybe international bands and promoters can see that we're alive over here.
You know one thing I'll never understand about you.  No matter how many times I kick you in the teeth, smack you with the manhole cover, throw hot water in your face, pour molten glass in your rectum.....you'll always come back for more.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 04:31:04 AM »
Full points for effort, but I don't like your chances. In the last few years ALL of the metal forums in Australia have died - Brismetal, Metalshop, Deflection 7, AUBM, Metal Obsession, etc. Everyone's moved to Facebook. Reason? Facebook is more versatile and among other things takes care of one important flaw of a web forum - trolling. Remember The Gates of Hell forum? Yes yes, I have been on either side of it myself, blah blah, but I can see how the average person would gravitate towards the more positive environment facebook provides. In the very least if you have witnessed it, you can be sure to have witnessed an era.

RIP, the metal forum.

As our resident troll (before it was even called trolling...) I can guarantee you joining Facebook didn't slow me down.

Insert your argument is invalid meme here.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline Lozza

• WF Lieutenant
  • If chins could kill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 06:40:30 AM »
Welcome back everyone!  :D

Fingers crossed that this takes off again. As someone who only accepts friend requests from people I know on Facebook, I often miss out on hearing about gigs etc organised by people I'm not "friends" with until it's too late. At least on the gig section of this forum we all know what's going on regardless of friend status.
When a man's jawbone drops off, it's time to re-assess the situation.

Offline Nosaj

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 06:44:21 AM »
Good to see the ol forum back up and running.

Offline nihilist

• WF Colonel
  • WHORE: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 07:08:02 AM »
Welcome back, Nosaj. Poorly spelt signature and all.
My hands are choking, my knife is broken.
An orgasm is what I need.
Your blood is spilling, the sight is thrilling.
To cum I need to see you bleed.

Offline RawBrutalJamo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 07:17:44 AM »

RIP, the metal forum.

Initially Facebook was the awesome new shiny thing that dragged everyone away from metal forums since it was a lot more versatile and friendlier.  But things have definitely changed with that site.  If you were looking to escape the trolling its 1000x worse there.  It has even sparked on a new level of trolling which the media has dubbed "cyber bullying" which never really existed to the same level until Facebook became a massive thing.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good dig at my mates like anyone else but Facebook has become so wrapped up in self-obsession its practically become its own entity.  To me its no longer fun to go on there and now has become part of the daily routine like checking your emails, emptying the bins and taking a dump.   

I barely post on there now even to troll my mates, since its just become so mundane.  SelfishBook has had its time, at least for me.  I think I've just kinda grown out of the whole "look at me and what I did today that no one ever cared about anyway" thing.  I'd rather just come on here and talk about the latest (insert random underground band name here) album and how awesome last weekends gig was.  Cause basically that's all the excites me anyway in my boring as fuck daily life.  The only thing this forum is lacking is a fucking "like" button.  I keep wanting to "like" peoples comments

Offline Stormrider

• Global Moderator
  • WF Colonel
  • \m/ \m/
    • View Profile
    • Riot Squad
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 07:25:59 AM »
The only thing this forum is lacking is a fucking "like" button.  I keep wanting to "like" peoples comments

That's simply a hangover from Facebook... it'll pass

RIOT SQUAD - The New Force in THRASH
https://www.facebook.com/Riot.Squad.aus

Offline Mago_Haydz

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 04:56:39 PM »
Yeah, as most of you (especially the people in this thread) know, I created a facebook account and basically added anyone in the metal scene and people from WF purely so I could keep up with gig info. After 500+ friends I find myself getting invited to all sorts of uninteresting non-metal things, and its driving me insane. It was pretty much my replacement WF, albeit a poor one. You know, after over 10 years, and almost 8000 posts, WF became quite a large part of my life. Even more so with recent events in my life... all that (slightly) innocent e-flirting on here with a certain member many years ago has now blossomed into a relationship that's almost 3 years in and very much "the one". So thanks Daz... I owe it to you! 

Its also interesting, and somewhat comforting that we can all pinpoint exactly what it was that killed forums in the first place. Its obviously no secret, but that Fuckerberg cunt has a lot to answer for.
Mongeese like results

Offline EvilElvis

• WF Colonel
  • 1000% Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
    • Psychonaut
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 09:30:28 PM »
What's funny is the 'user's birthdays list'. Crazy to see how old people are these days  :cunning: