Author Topic: Hype! - The NEW mid-week metal/hardcore party  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Fabs26

• WF Private
    • View Profile
Hype! - The NEW mid-week metal/hardcore party
« on: July 19, 2011, 02:50:09 AM »
Hi all,

So, many of you may remember NASTY! Unfortunately that night fell through, due to a certain 'cowboy' being too much of a cheap fuck to invest in a quality sound system to accommodate live bands...
Well, after a bit of a grueling process, myself and Deadwalk Bookings have come together to bring you the new mid-week metal and hardcore night at a venue that you can actually rely on - The Rocket Room!!!

Actually, grueling doesn't even begin to touch it. We had an amazing line-up sorted for the launch night but due to unfortunate circumstances, 3 touring bands had to pull out at the last minute.
The line-up for the first night is still up in the air. HOWEVER, it doesn't mean that this night is a no-go! We launch next Wednesday (July 27th) at 8pm and if you have it in you, I implore that you come down and show your support. The first line-up may not be as metal as you would hope for but I can guarantee you that within the first few weeks we will have some of your favourite local metal acts playing *cough Malignant cough*.

Basically, if this night is successful, you'll be seeing interstate and international touring metal bands on a wednesday night for fuck all cash - And I mean you'll be seeing them within the first month or two. Aside from the bands, we have your top local bloke, Archy Spittle DJing some fucking heavy and funky tunes all night! Also, we have managed to hook up some cheap scooners and post-mixes. I can't legally advertise which drinks we are selling but you'll be down with them and defs get well eco-trashed.

Anyway, check out the facebook page www.facebook.com/hypeperth and stay tuned. Let's be honest, we need a mid-week metal night. 150 people rocked up for the first Nasty, that says something.

Cheers guys, I hope to see you all at one of the first few Hype nights.

Fabs.

P.s Make sure you come to the first night, as we will be filming it for a trailer! So come down, get in on it and rock the fuck out.

Offline PremierMaelstrom

• WF Colonel
  • PROGRESS
    • View Profile
    • NeXuS - just fucking metal
Re: Hype! - The NEW mid-week metal/hardcore party
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
We DO need something permanent like this.
even one with no bands would be fine, as people go to shows 'mostly' to hang, then bands playing seem like a bonus.
plus Rocket is fucking loud.

Support.
It all catches up on you when you slow down ...

Offline Fabs26

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 04:01:57 PM »
Cheers man! That's the plan - make a weekly wednesday night that metalheads can just go and chillout at, watch some bands, listen to some awesome music and enjoy a few cheap drinks. 

Offline Damo

• WF Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 07:07:17 PM »
I give it two thumbs up, but being a fulltime worker and in a band rehearsing Wednesday nights, this will be near-on impossible for me to get to :(

Offline Fabs26

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 10:53:57 PM »
I give it two thumbs up, but being a fulltime worker and in a band rehearsing Wednesday nights, this will be near-on impossible for me to get to :(

Ahh man, that's a real shame. But I get you, have to work hard for that skrill. Cheers for the support anyway, dude.

Offline SchizoDeluxe

• WF Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Perth Metal Meetup group
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:47:38 AM »
Yeah disappointed that nastys didnt work out but hoping this one will. I should be there for the launch!

Offline Fabs26

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 03:36:11 PM »
Yeah disappointed that nastys didnt work out but hoping this one will. I should be there for the launch!

Thanks bro, that would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Fabs26

• WF Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 03:44:53 PM »
Ok, I have an update on bands who are playing the first night.

Monsters In Living Flesh (Singapore) - http://www.facebook.com/monstersinlivingflesh - (Their debut EP was produced by Roland Lim and sounds so damn good.)
Anchored - http://www.facebook.com/anchoredhc
Feed Her To The Sharks - http://www.facebook.com/feedhertothesharks
Chainsaw Hookers - http://www.facebook.com/ChainsawHookers

The first night will be a bit more hardcore inclined but I can honestly say, most people will enjoy the heaviness of Monsters In Living Flesh (MILF haha). Go check them out on their facebook.
The metal will start to pick up by the 3rd week and will be consistant with the variety of metal and hardcore after that. So, to make sure that Hype makes it to those nights, it needs as much support as possible throughout the first month. Check out those bands, if you're down with any, make sure you head to Hype and support what COULD be the next big thing for metal in Perth.

Cheers guys,
Fabs.